Atheists increasingly uneducated...

But even still sharing religious beliefs or lack of doesn't make us on the "same team" like a lot of people think on here.

As a believer who spends countless posts challenging the endless bullshit posted by other alleged believers, I know that's the truth. :thup:

I haven't yet met a "self educated" scholar who has a decent education or knowledge base.

Then you have yet to meet a self educated scholar

You give me a list of text books required for some liberal arts degree and I can ace a class any class whether or not I pay some professor to grade me on a curve or not.

I got more than half of my first 2 years of college credits via the CLEP. I figure i saved about 25 grand. Is it your position that I have less mastery of courses I didn't sit in class to take?

No, it is my position that most people who claim to be these grand self-educated scholars are usually...not.

You might consider sticking with doggy style so that nobody has to look at your stupid fucking face. :thup:

I haven't yet met a "self educated" scholar who has a decent education or knowledge base.

Then you have yet to meet a self educated scholar

You give me a list of text books required for some liberal arts degree and I can ace a class any class whether or not I pay some professor to grade me on a curve or not.

I got more than half of my first 2 years of college credits via the CLEP. I figure i saved about 25 grand. Is it your position that I have less mastery of courses I didn't sit in class to take?

If it is her position, she's pretty damned ignorant. I skipped almost all my classes in college and still graduated with a 3.9.

We all know the LEARNED consensus is that drop outs who claim they don't need no book larning are - ahem - smarter than college graduates, after all.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeaBcMTSxF4]"5 Questions Every Intelligent Atheist Must Answer" - Refuting Philos71 - YouTube[/ame]

""The least educated have been consistently less religiously engaged than even the moderately educated, meaning the gap between the least educated and most educated is even larger than the one between the moderately educated and most educated," Wilcox said."

"While religious service attendance has decreased for all white Americans since the early 1970s, the rate of decline has been more than twice as high for those without college degrees compared to those who graduated from college, according to new research to be presented at the 106th Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association."

Less-educated Americans turning their backs on religion

Young adults who identify themselves as "not at all religious" have an average IQ of 103 during adolescence, while those who identify themselves as "very religious" have an average IQ of 97 during adolescence

I have taken 2 IQ tests, one was 116, the other 124, blows your theory right out of the water.

"Less-educated Americans turning their backs on religion
LAS VEGAS — While religious service attendance has decreased for all white Americans since the early 1970s, the rate of decline has been more than twice as high for those without college degrees compared to those who graduated from college, according to new research to be presented at the 106th Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association.

"Our study suggests that the less educated are dropping out of the American religious sector, similarly to the way in which they have dropped out of the American labor market," said lead researcher W. Bradford Wilcox, a professor of sociology at the University of Virginia.

The study focuses on whites because black and Latino religiosity is less divided by education and income. Most whites who report a religious affiliation are Catholics, evangelical Protestants, mainline Protestants, Mormons, or Jews."

Inequality Grows As Poor, Ignorant Atheists Swamp US | Via Meadia

""The least educated have been consistently less religiously engaged than even the moderately educated, meaning the gap between the least educated and most educated is even larger than the one between the moderately educated and most educated," Wilcox said."

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So anyone who doesn't go to Church doesn't believe in God?

Maybe people just don't like to go to church anymore - ever thought of that? Sounds like more and indication of a general cultural downtrend - people place less importance on things like family meals, time spent with older relatives, and going to church.

The largest concentration of uneducated in the US is in the South, also known as the Bible belt...hm...

Have a nice day mam.

LAS VEGAS — While religious service attendance has decreased for all white Americans since the early 1970s, the rate of decline has been more than twice as high for those without college degrees compared to those who graduated from college, according to new research to be presented at the 106th Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association.

"Our study suggests that the less educated are dropping out of the American religious sector, similarly to the way in which they have dropped out of the American labor market," said lead researcher W. Bradford Wilcox, a professor of sociology at the University of Virginia.

The study focuses on whites because black and Latino religiosity is less divided by education and income. Most whites who report a religious affiliation are Catholics, evangelical Protestants, mainline Protestants, Mormons, or Jews."

Maybe people just don't like to go to church anymore - ever thought of that? Sounds like more and indication of a general cultural downtrend - people place less importance on things like family meals, time spent with older relatives, and going to church.

I'm passing on the findings of a scientific study. I don't think anybody said anywhere in that study that people who don't go to Church don't believe in God. That isn't the topic they were dealing with.

What is with people on this site arguing to points that have never been made? I will blame it on a general downtrend in intelligence and education...which apparently goes with an anti-Constitution, anti-Religious, stance.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEK6WtHxNfw&feature=related]Einstein on God - YouTube[/ame]

1:55

Young adults who identify themselves as "not at all religious" have an average IQ of 103 during adolescence, while those who identify themselves as "very religious" have an average IQ of 97 during adolescence

I have taken 2 IQ tests, one was 116, the other 124, blows your theory right out of the water.

No it doesn't. For one thing, you have posted no evidence, just your statement.

For another, nobody said that there aren't intelligent atheists. Apparently your exceptional IQ doesn't lend itself to reading comprehension. Read the study results again.

I'm passing on the findings of a scientific study. I don't think anybody said anywhere in that study that people who don't go to Church don't believe in God. That isn't the topic they were dealing with.

What is with people on this site arguing to points that have never been made? I will blame it on a general downtrend in intelligence and education...which apparently goes with an anti-Constitution, anti-Religious, stance.

It might have something to do with the title you used for this thread - Atheists increasingly uneducated...

You should really just quit while your behind, but I guess you probably can't get too much lower than you already are.

Raise your hand if you think Koshergrl should sue Oral Roberts University for charging her thousands and thousands of dollars for a worthless piece of paper.

Forum List

Back