Atheist Eve

Some really blind or stupid people out there...........................

If you cannot see the numerous attacks against religion that have happened in the past few years you have to be one or the other.

Crosses built as war memorials ordered to be covered in the middle of the desert for example, and when it was finally ordered uncovered some assholes stole it..... But that's OK with so very many of you. Not a thing wrong with that. Never should have been there anyway, right?

Sorry but I will tell you again, our constitution gives us freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. Now last time I made that statement I got 3 negs for it, I wonder how many I'll get this time?

If you cannot see the numerous attacks against religion that have happened in the past few years you have to be one or the other.

Crosses built as war memorials ordered to be covered in the middle of the desert for example, and when it was finally ordered uncovered some assholes stole it..... But that's OK with so very many of you. Not a thing wrong with that. Never should have been there anyway, right?

Sorry but I will tell you again, our constitution gives us freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. Now last time I made that statement I got 3 negs for it, I wonder how many I'll get this time?

I certainly never heard of crosses built as war memorials in the desert being ordered to be covered.

The constitution offers us both protection, freedom of, and freedom from, religion.

I certainly never heard of crosses built as war memorials in the desert being ordered to be covered.

The constitution offers us both protection, freedom of, and freedom from, religion.

The longtime caretakers of a Mojave Desert cross that led to a Supreme Court case are vowing to replace the memorial, which was stolen less than two weeks after the high court allowed it to remain standing.

The 7-foot-tall metal cross in a 75-year-old war memorial was ripped down and stolen Sunday night from its place in the Mojave Desert, according to federal officials.

The Veterans of Foreign War has promised that the memorial -- an incarnation of which was first erected in 1934 to honor soldiers killed in World War I -- will be rebuilt.

Read more: Caretakers Of Stolen Mojave Desert Cross Vow To Replace It | FoxNews.com

Now if you are driving through the desert and see a cross, and you are not a christian, Who gives a shit? Laugh at it if you want to, but please simply move on.... Same thing for any other religious symbol, if you don't believe in them, ignore them. If enough people ignore them they will even go away, eventually........

The longtime caretakers of a Mojave Desert cross that led to a Supreme Court case are vowing to replace the memorial, which was stolen less than two weeks after the high court allowed it to remain standing.

The 7-foot-tall metal cross in a 75-year-old war memorial was ripped down and stolen Sunday night from its place in the Mojave Desert, according to federal officials.

The Veterans of Foreign War has promised that the memorial -- an incarnation of which was first erected in 1934 to honor soldiers killed in World War I -- will be rebuilt.

Read more: Caretakers Of Stolen Mojave Desert Cross Vow To Replace It | FoxNews.com

Now if you are driving through the desert and see a cross, and you are not a christian, Who gives a shit? Laugh at it if you want to, but please simply move on.... Same thing for any other religious symbol, if you don't believe in them, ignore them. If enough people ignore them they will even go away, eventually........

This is so wrong.

It's vandalism, or theft, though. Not an "attack on religion".

This is so wrong.

It went all the way to the Supreme court with people trying to have it removed......

And this isn't an attack on religion?

I'm done here.......................................

This is so wrong.

It went all the way to the Supreme court with people trying to have it removed......

I'm sorry. I don't think it's right to have vandalized this memorial cross. I didn't know about the law suit. Now I understand why people get so aggravated with atheists.

Given that we've seen this sort of double standard right here on this very board, I'd say that this somewhat over the top cartoon DOES represent the attitude of a vocal minority of militant Christians.

Not that most Christians are anywhere near this stupid, but certainly some of them are, and some of them are posting on THIS board.

YOu see, I see quite a different problem.

The issue is not "live and let live"

The atheism minority has found a nice big club to bash religious people over the head with. It's the imaginary "separation of Church and State". part of the constitution. Doesn't actually exist in the constitution, and the establishment clause has been the subject of more misintrepretation than "the right to bear arms".

The thing is, through the ultimate idiocy of the 20th century, Public Education, atheists and others have found ways to impose their views on homosexuality, evolution, abortion, etc. without rebuttal. Think Homosexuality is wrong? Well, that's a religious view, and we'll charge you with a hate crime.

Think Darwinism is wrong? Well, we won't let you present any alternate theory, no matter how much you sanitize it. We're going to tell your kid evolved from an ape and you are going to pay us to do it.

Unlike the Cartoon Eve who just wants everyone to live and let live, they're going to make sure that everyone gets their state sponsored, tax payer funded indoctrination, and you'd better well like it. Don't figure out that Christians are actually 85% of the population, and can put a stop to that nonsense really quickly.

You see, the problem I see with modern atheism is that it isn't about winning an argument or even having the argument. They've found a way to cow the other side into submission, and they just hope the other side doesn't figure it out.

Now, for the record, I have no issue with gay marriage, I think banning abortion would be a bad idea because it is sheerly impractical, and I think that evolution is probably true. But the problem with the left is they don't want to have that argument publically. They want to fight that one in the courts.

Because if they ever put these issues up to a vote, they'd lose.

I believe she is trying to say that it is the Atheists who are being prosecuted and forced to accept someones religion.

The Christian Right is trying as hard as possible to force us atheists to support their religion by our tax dollars.

If you wanna believe in hocus pokus - that's your prerogative - but don't expect me to give a shit.

Exactly.

I doubt that anybody's mind is changed by debate. That's why I don't get people who go at it hammer and tongs. People who have faith can't imagine life without it. People who don't (have faith) feel the same way, from the other side of the fence. People on the fence do their own research. I can't imagine that anybody comes on this board and says "Y'know, Joe Atheist is making a lot of sense. I'm going to stop being a person of faith."

And vice-versa.

I think moreso vice-versa though, because I've seen a LOT of people who claim to be believers, just beating people up one side and down the other. Why? What's the payoff? You think you're 'witnessing'? Think again.

I believe she is trying to say that it is the Atheists who are being prosecuted and forced to accept someones religion.

The Christian Right is trying as hard as possible to force us atheists to support their religion by our tax dollars.

If you wanna believe in hocus pokus - that's your prerogative - but don't expect me to give a shit.

No problem with all the financial assistance the Jews receive ?

Can you cite the clause of the Constitution to which you refer?

This is so wrong.

You cannot be that blind.

This is so wrong.

I'm sorry. I don't think it's right to have vandalized this memorial cross. I didn't know about the law suit. Now I understand why people get so aggravated with atheists.[/QUOTE]

Atheists are not necessarily anit-theists. Anti-theists are the ones that actively campaign to limit the rights of others.

She seems to see it like I do.

XPTn4.jpg

What a surprise, you see things through your glasses, and anyone that disagrees with you is crazy.

Great, since I have never mentioned my own personal religion in this or any other forum that fits me to a T.

However when I see the prosecution of religion that has been going on in this country that is just wrong....

Really? I think you meant the "persecution" of religion. The only religion I see persecuted in America is Islam.

Then you are a complete idiot. SCOTUS has repeatedly ruled that laws that restrict the practice of Santeria are illegal.

The sad thing is that the picture is true.....

I've only seen one religious person actually be respectful about the discussion on gay marriage. He simply said why he believes gays should not marry, but he also offered alternatives such as a civil union and acknowledged that they have rights too.

But everyone else is like what the picture explained (*cough*TANK*cough*).
Such as this thread: http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...basis-other-than-intolerance-and-bigotry.html

Quoted from Bass 2.0: "Seems like every time religious people affirm their belief in God and things Godly over things sinful that are accepted and embraced by man we get slammed as bigots and intolerant people, well what the heel do you want us to do, join you in your sinful lifestyles just to prove we're tolerant and not bigots? It seems the true bigots are these sexual and anti-religious liberals who bash those who choose God over sin. Just as faggots have the first amendment to "come out" and spread their bogus claims of homosexuality we religious people have the same rights in regards to our religion, stop trying to shut us up so you can have a solo voice."

As highlighted, notice how he calls everyone who opposes religion and supports gays bigots? But do you also notice how he has to call us faggots and slander gays?
This guy is an ironic hypocrite....

And this thread: http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...intensifies-fight-against-lgbt-community.html

Quoted from TANK: Just when we thought right wing teavangelicals had the market cornered on attempting to implement homophobia into public policy, the Black Church steps forward to prove us wrong.

Anti Homophobia? They just want their rights while not getting harassed or slandered!
And you are the one who is spreading homophobia! You claim that they want to turn your kids gay, You claim that they all have aids, You claim that they are pedofiles and perverts, and you have also claimed more!

You say all these things when they arent true. :cuckoo:

refer to these examples:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...ing-of-a-mosque-lose-again-4.html#post4080762 (he thinks it's a disease)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...ted-here-come-the-pedophiles.html#post4048262 (He thinks that homosexuality is only to have gay sex. He has never heard of a guy loving a guy without that. Oh yeah, he claims they are pedophiles too)

But this is what he does when he's not being racist in 90% of his posts.....

It's something that needs to be addressed and taken care of. Political people in charge should not even have to think about whether they should give gays equal rights. And there should be anti-bullying laws aswell. Because these people harass gays also!
See here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/182438-letter-from-a-gay-sons-mother.html

All you have proven is that you do not pay attention. I can think of plenty posters who are religious off the top of my head who have that attitude, and that is not even counting me. Yet you want to lump all of us into the same box as Tank.

Did you ever think that you might actually be the problem? Believe it or not, you just proved every single idiot you quoted is right.

I would accept that if you did not also expect me to support your hocus pokus beliefs with my tax dollars. The fact that you refuse to make that distinction is what gets me up in your face about your beliefs.

Forum List

Back