At what age is a child gun death not a child gun death, but the death of a violent gang member?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Here we have an article about money given to study gun violence....and again, the researchers include 15-19 year old career, violent criminals as children....at what age and what profession is a child not a child....and simply a criminal using a gun to enforce drug turf, killing over Facebook insults or dice games...

Notice how they use the Term "Pediatric" but take the age all the way to 19.......anyone have a problem with that?

NIH awards $4.9M to study firearm injuries in children

4. Guns are the second leading cause of pediatric deaths in the U.S. after motor vehicle crashes as of the most recent data published in 2016. In 2016, guns killed 3,150 people from the ages of 1 to 19, according to the CDC.

Now...from the actual CDC on gun murder and the age break down of the victims...do you see a problem with the numbers?

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

Murder with guns...kids, 238

<1.......11
1-4.......64
5-9......68
10-14....95

Other means........
<1-14

What is the standard age for Pediatric Physicians to see patients?

So... I went back to Wisqars to look at Firearm homicide....15-19...

So...they are lying about the numbers again.......they are lumping in suicides...they have to be to get to 3,150 people......

The google search says the will see "Children" up to the age of 21....... see the problem?

The google search says the will see "Children" up to the age of 21....... see the problem?

Can't children legally live on their own, and stop going to school at age 16? I think that is a reasonable cut off. The Medical profession is complicit in the entire gun grabbing fiasco.

"Children" are children till about 11. At 12 they need to start taking more responsibilities as "young adults." Teenagers KNOW what they're doing. They are responsible for their actions.

Can't children legally live on their own, and stop going to school at age 16? I think that is a reasonable cut off. The Medical profession is complicit in the entire gun grabbing fiasco.

And for me...it comes down to the 15 year olds the gangs use as shooters..knowing that they will tend to get out of jail by 21, even committing gun crimes...... so we aren't talking about normal children even in this......it is sad, and tragic, but setting gun policy based on 15 year old criminals defending drug turf is beyond silly.....when innocent men, and women use their guns to protect themselves 1.1 million times a year....

My 18 year old granddaughter was recently in a car accident and they insisted on flying her to a hospital a long way away because the nearest hospital didn't have a pediatric orthopedist.
I guess physically, there is a difference. So that study, on treating injuries, would go by that.

Here we have an article about money given to study gun violence....and again, the researchers include 15-19 year old career, violent criminals as children....at what age and what profession is a child not a child....and simply a criminal using a gun to enforce drug turf, killing over Facebook insults or dice games...

Notice how they use the Term "Pediatric" but take the age all the way to 19.......anyone have a problem with that?

4. Guns are the second leading cause of pediatric deaths in the U.S. after motor vehicle crashes as of the most recent data published in 2016. In 2016, guns killed 3,150 people from the ages of 1 to 19, according to the CDC.

Now...from the actual CDC on gun murder and the age break down of the victims...do you see a problem with the numbers?

<1.......11
1-4.......64
5-9......68
10-14....95

Other means........
<1-14
Per usual, you want to throw out the gang members' deaths as "not counting." They count. They're dead.

<1.......11
1-4.......64
5-9......68
10-14....95

Other means........
<1-14
Per usual, you want to throw out the gang members' deaths as "not counting." They count. They're dead.

No.... what I am not counting is a 15 year old who is part of a gang shooting people as the same as a 15 year old who isn't a part of a gang ...... they are two completely different experiences which the anti gunners are using to add to the gun murder count...they are not the same at all....

The bottom line is the threat a LEGALLY owned firearm presents as that is all the laws you want to pass effect. Illegal guns used by inner city gangs killing each other does not effect most people, and these laws won't stop those deaths. They are ALREADY breaking both gun laws, and violence, and murder laws. If you don't see that logic, nobody can help you.

My 18 year old granddaughter was recently in a car accident and they insisted on flying her to a hospital a long way away because the nearest hospital didn't have a pediatric orthopedist.
I guess physically, there is a difference. So that study, on treating injuries, would go by that.

well------no. Your granddaughter's injuries MIGHT be specific
to the abilities of that specific Orthopedist------The borders between
pediatric medicine and adult medicine and geriatric are BLURRY.
Some hospitals delineate between pediatric and adolescent. Sometimes pediatric docs know more about CONGENITAL issues than do generalists------or DEVELOPEMENTAL issues

<1.......11
1-4.......64
5-9......68
10-14....95

Other means........
<1-14

No.... what I am not counting is a 15 year old who is part of a gang shooting people as the same as a 15 year old who isn't a part of a gang ...... they are two completely different experiences which the anti gunners are using to add to the gun murder count...they are not the same at all....
Right. You just said, the gang member's death shouldn't count. But he is still DEAD AT 15.

The bottom line is the threat a LEGALLY owned firearm presents as that is all the laws you want to pass effect. Illegal guns used by inner city gangs killing each other does not effect most people, and these laws won't stop those deaths. They are ALREADY breaking both gun laws, and violence, and murder laws. If you don't see that logic, nobody can help you.
Most of those illegally obtained guns were stolen or improperly transferred from originally legal owners. If so many people could not own so many guns to begin with, there wouldn't be as many illegal ones floating around for these child gang members to get their hands on.

I was considered a Young Man at 11 or 12

<1.......11
1-4.......64
5-9......68
10-14....95

Other means........
<1-14
--------------------------------- and its GOOD that they are DEAD thry needed killing OldLady .

A legitimate argument can be made that a 12 year old is not longer a child. That's when I was legally given my first gun.

That is the age my grandmother got married and my uncle enlisted...so yeah, sounds about right.

Forum List

Back