AT&T Announces Thousands of Layoffs, Firings Just In Time For Christmas

The GOP tax scam will do nothing to create new jobs.

Corporations are not going to use their tax cut windfall to create new jobs – the windfall will be used to further enrich shareholders and investors while continuing to implement layoffs to maximize profits.
Of course they won’t create new jobs because of the tax cuts. Demand creates jobs, not tax cuts.

Trump-2.png

AT&T: We are giving all our workers a $1K bonus!

TRUMP: See, I told you, my corporate tax cut is working!!!

[3 days later]

AT&T: Oh yeah, and we are also laying off 1,000+ workers. And probably a lot more next year

TRUMP: [Out golfing]

AT&T announces thousands of layoffs, firings just in time for Christmas

Why do you rightwing fools fall for the okie doke every. single. time?

#SMHGOP #LOLGOP

Did you even read the article? It says they might lay off those workers next year if they can't transfer them to other jobs in the company! It also says that they were thinking about laying off 30% of their workforce LAST YEAR! What do the Trump tax cuts have to do with any of that? The company is shrinking a part of their work force that is becoming obsolete because of tech advances! This is an obvious attempt by Newsweek to try and blunt the positive news of AT&T giving hundreds of thousands of their employees $1,000 dollar bonuses because of the Trump tax cut!

I blame Crooked Donnie

For getting hundreds of thousands of people $1,000 dollar bonuses? You should "blame" him...he's the one that helped make that happen! You can "blame" him some more when people start seeing more money in their paychecks come Feb.!

The point of the trump and pubs tax cut and job creator was to "create" more jobs, not give bonuses to workers.

But the bonuses along with more jobs is a good thing, right?

No, they are not hiring but laying off. They probably give bonuses every year and with the trillions they are going to make off of repeal of net neutrality and deregulation, its a drop in the bucket.

Better to have more people working, is it not?

Better to have both, is it not?

No better to have more people working and besides isn't that what this jobs creation was suppose to be.
There are no Trump/Republican tax cuts yet.

The point of the trump and pubs tax cut and job creator was to "create" more jobs, not give bonuses to workers.

But the bonuses along with more jobs is a good thing, right?
I suspect that there will be some jobs created for the next two years, and then there will be a long overdue market retreat. I also think that most of those jobs will be created in blue states, and that those states will continue to be blue.

[3 days later]

AT&T: Oh yeah, and we are also laying off 1,000+ workers. And probably a lot more next year

#SMHGOP #LOLGOP

It is what is known as trickle down
Which, of course, is a euphemism for 'Piss on the Peon'.

I blame Crooked Donnie

For getting hundreds of thousands of people $1,000 dollar bonuses? You should "blame" him...he's the one that helped make that happen! You can "blame" him some more when people start seeing more money in their paychecks come Feb.!
So you think that the crooked treasonous fat old senile clown made that happen? And they gave all their employees that 'big' bonus because they felt good about the tax cut of millions of dollars that they get? whoopee.............

When our mill turns a profit, I get a bonus according to the amount of profit. That has at times amounted to 70% of my base wage for that quarter. That 'big' bonus does not amount to a tenth of that bonus. When the companies are giving out real profit based bonuses to their employees because of this corporate tax cut, I will say that it is a success. Not until then.

[3 days later]

#SMHGOP #LOLGOP

So they are taking the salary of the people they laid off and giving out tiny bonuses. Literally taking the food out of the mouths of the children of some employees to allow other employees to get a new Xbox.

Yes this aligns with the Republican view of life quite well.

I blame Crooked Donnie

So you think that the crooked treasonous fat old senile clown made that happen? And they gave all their employees that 'big' bonus because they felt good about the tax cut of millions of dollars that they get? whoopee.............

When our mill turns a profit, I get a bonus according to the amount of profit. That has at times amounted to 70% of my base wage for that quarter. That 'big' bonus does not amount to a tenth of that bonus. When the companies are giving out real profit based bonuses to their employees because of this corporate tax cut, I will say that it is a success. Not until then.
Because any extra money at all is a bad thing.

Sounds like the making of a platform.

Did you even read the article? It says they might lay off those workers next year if they can't transfer them to other jobs in the company! It also says that they were thinking about laying off 30% of their workforce LAST YEAR! What do the Trump tax cuts have to do with any of that? The company is shrinking a part of their work force that is becoming obsolete because of tech advances! This is an obvious attempt by Newsweek to try and blunt the positive news of AT&T giving hundreds of thousands of their employees $1,000 dollar bonuses because of the Trump tax cut!
Say buddy,

Have you read anywhere in your travels that AT&T was ALREADY scheduled to give out them bonuses?

Hmmm...?!???!??

Last edited:

Forum List

Back