At least 8 people killed in shooting in Germany....but...gun control? Europe has gun control?

That's a senseful English sentence?
Use "sensible" not senseful.

Why?
Comes up as a spelling error on my computer, although I knew exactly what you meant. Not sure "senseful" is a real English word,

It is. And everyone knows immediatelly what this word means. It is "deutlich" (sharp, clear).

unless, maybe from English as spoke in Great Britain. Are you familiar with the old one-line joke, that America and Great Britain are two countries separated by a common language?
Guten Morgan, Herr Zaangalewa

In general I'm missing lots of German basic words in the English language. The German words I'm missing most in your language are the word "Mensch" (yiddish: mentsh, ) and the word "Vernunft". No! What you see in the dictionary is not a correct translation - it is only an English idea about German words. We make also always a difference between "Sein" (=to be, being) and "Schein" (=appearance). In your case means this for me: You are not essentially, what you like to be intentionally.

By the way: Here in Germany had a man tried to kill intentionally lots of innocent people with a car some days ago in the city Volkmarsen. The motivation of the wannabe-murderer (a 29 years old German) is still totally unclear. The last numbers I heard was 52 wounded persons - 18 of them are children - the youngest wounded person was three years old. More than 30 people are still in hospitals. Some are very seriously wounded. A big drama.

In case of this we will have to think about, how to exclude cars in a better way from urban celebrations in little cities.

And in case of sport shooters - that's the theme here, which lots of US-Americans like to misuse for their perverted ideas about weapons and the lack of weapon laws in the USA - we will have to create new laws. In case someone shows psychological problems, then we will try to find a good system, how to find this out - and we will in future retract in such a case a weapon license. We use a similiar system for people, who are driving cars with alcohol or drugs. It's called in public "Idiotentest" (=test for idiots) - real name "Medizinsch-psychologische Untersuchung" (MPU, medical-psychological examination). It's by the way a very difficult test. If experts find out with this test someone is not able to drive car - on whatever reason - then every German, who has to do this test because of an "Auffälligkeit" im Straßenverkehr (~abnormal behavior while driving car in traffic) is able to lose his drivers license for a while or forever. A similiar system we like to develope for weapon licenses.

Oh by the way, asshole, U.S.-American one: Why did you - or anyone else here - misuse my avatar name in your last post to give you the title "winner"? That's only ridiculous.

I understand about "mensch", translates as "man", I thought it more a respectful term for a man with certain (usually positive) characteristics or belief, but as you suggest this may just an English idea about a German or Yiddish word. Not familiar with "vernunft". Don't even remember hearing it used. I am also no help with "sein" versus "schein". If you get down to "schnitzel mit Brotchen, und pommfritz, und vietzen bier" you have found my speed. If it wasn't on the the international drivers test, I had to take or I could not eat it, I probably do not know it. I can tell you that when I copied your words to this post, I did not capitalize the first letter because they are not "proper nouns" in our language, but you already know the difference, whether you are familiar with the English grammar rule or not.

The violent incident you report sounds horrible. We have them here, unfortunately they seam to come up in our news here often enough, that I suspect we are internationally famous as a country associated with that sort of thing. 59 people including 18 kids, is truly horrific. Please let me know if you hear the motive of that sick S.O.B.. What do they do with violent people like that in Germany?

What kind of urban celebration brought that many people so close together in such a small area to make that number of injuries possible? I am not sure it is possible to make street festivals and demonstrations safe from that sort of thing. I avoid large crowds and large cities in general. Ultimately there is no controlling what happens inside or by the herd-like actions of large crowds, and there is no foolproof way to protect them from lone-wolf violent predators.

We actually do have weapons laws here. The problem is that some people are just criminals by nature and do not follow them. I am licensed to carry a concealed weapon, and frequently do, although I have not been involved in any kind of violent incident (armed or unarmed) since military service days.
"Idiotentest" (=test for idiots)? That is brilliantly descriptive and exactly what we need. My country is so sensitive to what many feel is an absolute right to keep and bear arms, that an idiot test would never see the light of day. Good luck with yours. On the vehicle license question, after the initial drivers licensing testing there is no more tests, unless trying to get a higher grade of license for commercial purposes. No idiot tests. Wish there were. It is amazing how many people retain their license or get it reinstated after multiple drunk driving offenses.

Well, you dickhead, I have not a clue who or why someone gave me a little "winner" symbol, if they did. It is a public message board, we are on. If you do not want other people to comment or register their thoughts, you will have to initiate a private message conversation. It is funny, you take offense. Get over it. Guten Morgan, Herr Zaangalewa

Why?
Comes up as a spelling error on my computer, although I knew exactly what you meant. Not sure "senseful" is a real English word,

It is. And everyone knows immediatelly what this word means. It is "deutlich" (sharp, clear).

unless, maybe from English as spoke in Great Britain. Are you familiar with the old one-line joke, that America and Great Britain are two countries separated by a common language?

In general I'm missing lots of German basic words in the English language. The German words I'm missing most in your language are the word "Mensch" (yiddish: mentsh, ) and the word "Vernunft". No! What you see in the dictionary is not a correct translation - it is only an English idea about German words. We make also always a difference between "Sein" (=to be, being) and "Schein" (=appearance). In your case means this for me: You are not essentially, what you like to be intentionally.

By the way: Here in Germany had a man tried to kill intentionally lots of innocent people with a car some days ago in the city Volkmarsen. The motivation of the wannabe-murderer (a 29 years old German) is still totally unclear. The last numbers I heard was 52 wounded persons - 18 of them are children - the youngest wounded person was three years old. More than 30 people are still in hospitals. Some are very seriously wounded. A big drama.

In case of this we will have to think about, how to exclude cars in a better way from urban celebrations in little cities.

And in case of sport shooters - that's the theme here, which lots of US-Americans like to misuse for their perverted ideas about weapons and the lack of weapon laws in the USA - we will have to create new laws. In case someone shows psychological problems, then we will try to find a good system, how to find this out - and we will in future retract in such a case a weapon license. We use a similiar system for people, who are driving cars with alcohol or drugs. It's called in public "Idiotentest" (=test for idiots) - real name "Medizinsch-psychologische Untersuchung" (MPU, medical-psychological examination). It's by the way a very difficult test. If experts find out with this test someone is not able to drive car - on whatever reason - then every German, who has to do this test because of an "Auffälligkeit" im Straßenverkehr (~abnormal behavior while driving car in traffic) is able to lose his drivers license for a while or forever. A similiar system we like to develope for weapon licenses.

Oh by the way, asshole, U.S.-American one: Why did you - or anyone else here - misuse my avatar name in your last post to give you the title "winner"? That's only ridiculous.

I understand about "mensch", translates as "man", I thought it more a respectful term for a man with certain (usually positive) characteristics or belief, but as you suggest this may just an English idea about a German or Yiddish word. Not familiar with "vernunft". Don't even remember hearing it used. I am also no help with "sein" versus "schein". If you get down to "schnitzel mit Brotchen, und pommfritz, und vietzen bier" you have found my speed. If it wasn't on the the international drivers test, I had to take or I could not eat it, I probably do not know it. I can tell you that when I copied your words to this post, I did not capitalize the first letter because they are not "proper nouns" in our language, but you already know the difference, whether you are familiar with the English grammar rule or not.

The violent incident you report sounds horrible. We have them here, unfortunately they seam to come up in our news here often enough, that I suspect we are internationally famous as a country associated with that sort of thing. 59 people including 18 kids, is truly horrific. Please let me know if you hear the motive of that sick S.O.B.. What do they do with violent people like that in Germany?

What kind of urban celebration brought that many people so close together in such a small area to make that number of injuries possible? I am not sure it is possible to make street festivals and demonstrations safe from that sort of thing. I avoid large crowds and large cities in general. Ultimately there is no controlling what happens inside or by the herd-like actions of large crowds, and there is no foolproof way to protect them from lone-wolf violent predators.

We actually do have weapons laws here. The problem is that some people are just criminals by nature and do not follow them. I am licensed to carry a concealed weapon, and frequently do, although I have not been involved in any kind of violent incident (armed or unarmed) since military service days.
"Idiotentest" (=test for idiots)? That is brilliantly descriptive and exactly what we need. My country is so sensitive to what many feel is an absolute right to keep and bear arms, that an idiot test would never see the light of day. Good luck with yours. On the vehicle license question, after the initial drivers licensing testing there is no more tests, unless trying to get a higher grade of license for commercial purposes. No idiot tests. Wish there were. It is amazing how many people retain their license or get it reinstated after multiple drunk driving offenses.

Well, you dickhead, I have not a clue who or why someone gave me a little "winner" symbol, if they did. It is a public message board, we are on. If you do not want other people to comment or register their thoughts, you will have to initiate a private message conversation. It is funny, you take offense. Get over it. Guten Morgan, Herr Zaangalewa

I looked back and saw the winner symbol you spoke of. It was either your some error or one of the Mods anonymously commenting . Normal level users do not have access to do that sort of thing, nor is the method explained publicly. Don't worry though, it's not like they rewarded me with airline miles or free trip to Disney Land. Go back to sleep.

Why?

I understand about "mensch", translates as "man",

A "Mensch" (A noun (substantive) needs always a capital letter in the beginning) is as well a man or a woman. The only transdlation is as far as I know "human being".

I thought it more a respectful term for a man with certain (usually positive) characteristics or belief, but as you suggest this may just an English idea about a German or Yiddish word. Not familiar with "vernunft".

Most people are unfortunatelly not very familiar with "Vernunft". But a Gernan bis always shocked like a "Mensch" from the planet volcan, if someone acts "unvernünftig".

Don't even remember hearing it used.

:lol:

I am also no help with "sein" versus "schein".

"Sein" is existence per se - existence on its own - unconditioned. "Schein" is a kind of illusion - in worst case a false picture or a deception.

If you get down to "schnitzel mit Brotchen, und pommfritz, und vietzen bier" you have found my speed.

I don't drink beer or any other alcohol at all - and I don't eat French fries, because of the insane mass of oil. And for a Schnitzel exist better ways to eat it.

If it wasn't on the the international drivers test, I had to take or I could not eat it, I probably do not know it. I can tell you that when I copied your words to this post, I did not capitalize the first letter because they are not "proper nouns" in our language, but you already know the difference, whether you are familiar with the English grammar rule or not.

Schnitzel, Brötchen, Pommes frites, Bier are clear nouns (substantives).

In the moment he is in a hospital and the police waits until he will be fit to be questioned. It's good that he is alive. Will be interesting to find out his motivation. I guess he will come the rest of his life in prison without any possiblity for an amnesty or he will come the rest of his life in forensic and/or psychiatric hospital under "Sicherheitsverwahrung" (preventive detention). I hope lots of people will study him an his behavior and will find out how to prevent such deeds.

What kind of urban celebration brought that many people so close together in such a small area to make that number of injuries possible?

It was the day before Mardy Gras - during a carnival parade.

I am not sure it is possible to make street festivals and demonstrations safe from that sort of thing.

It is possible. Terror - from whatever side, on whatever reason - will not win.

I avoid large crowds and large cities in general. Ultimately there is no controlling what happens inside or by the herd-like actions of large crowds, and there is no foolproof way to protect them from lone-wolf violent predators.

We actually do have weapons laws here.

Senseless laws - as it looks like.

The problem is that some people are just criminals by nature

No one is a criminal by nature - or everyone is a criminal by nature. Depends how to see it. I guess alcohol, drugs and brain damages are the worst problems in this context. Learned hate and mind manipulations are also a very big problem. And I fear to less people live in respect of god and respect for his living creation. Some deeds are irreversible. To kill is one thing - not to be able to recall a killed life another side of the problem.

and do not follow them. I am licensed to carry a concealed weapon, and frequently do, although I have not been involved in any kind of violent incident (armed or unarmed) since military service days.

That's normal. To have to live in fear of violence is not normal. But it is good to hear for me that you don't live in a sodom and gomorrah.

"Idiotentest" (=test for idiots)? That is brilliantly descriptive and exactly what we need. My country is so sensitive to what many feel is an absolute right to keep and bear arms, that an idiot test would never see the light of day. Good luck with yours.

I'm sure we will find step by step better ways to respect everyones freedom and rights - and nevertheless to protect everyone's life too. Take an example in context drivers license: Who falls suddenly in a catalepsy is not able to drive car. Who is an alcoholics or drug addict is not able to drive car ... for a shorter or longer time - sometimes all life long. If someone likes to change such situations then we will help him - for example with a therapy against alcohol or drugs. This hurts no ones freedom. It's for everyone the same.

On the vehicle license question, after the initial drivers licensing testing there is no more tests, unless trying to get a higher grade of license for commercial purposes. No idiot tests. Wish there were. It is amazing how many people retain their license or get it reinstated after multiple drunk driving offenses.

The so called "idiot test" (medical-psychological examination) tries to find out whether someone is still qualified to use his license. For example someone could be blind. Or someone suffers aggressions, which he is not able to control on his own. ... I guess there's time now to find a good system for weapon licenses too.

Well, you dickhead, I have not a clue who or why someone gave me a little "winner" symbol, if they did.

... Hopefully I was not the idiot on my own. ... Was I? ... I don't know. ... Sorry!

It is a public message board, we are on. If you do not want other people to comment or register their thoughts, you will have to initiate a private message conversation. It is funny, you take offense. Get over it. Guten Morgan, Herr Zaangalewa

Last edited:

Why?

A "Mensch" (A noun (substantive) needs always a capital letter in the beginning) is as well a man or a woman. The only transdlation is as far as I know "human being".

I thought it more a respectful term for a man with certain (usually positive) characteristics or belief, but as you suggest this may just an English idea about a German or Yiddish word. Not familiar with "vernunft".

Most people are unfortunatelly not very familiar with "Vernunft". But a Gernan bis always shocked like a "Mensch" from the planet volcan, if someone acts "unvernünftig".

I am also no help with "unvernünftig" versus "schein".

"Sein" is existence per se - existence on its own - unconditioned. "Schein" is a kind of illusion - in worst case a false picture or a deception.

If you get down to "schnitzel mit Brotchen, und pommfritz, und vietzen bier" you have found my speed.

I don't drink beer or any other alcohol at all - and I don't eat French fries, because of the insane mass of oil. And for a Schnitzel exist better ways to eat it.

If it wasn't on the the international drivers test, I had to take or I could not eat it, I probably do not know it. I can tell you that when I copied your words to this post, I did not capitalize the first letter because they are not "proper nouns" in our language, but you already know the difference, whether you are familiar with the English grammar rule or not.

INthemoenoetn he is in a hsptioatla and the policve waits uintil he will be fit to be questioned. It's good that he is alive. Wioln be interte4e8ing to find out his motivation. I guess he will come the rest of his life in prison without any possiblity for an amnesty or he will come the rest of his life in forensic and/or psychiatric hospital under "Sicherheitsverwahrung" (preventive detention). I guess lots of people will study him.

What kind of urban celebration brought that many people so close together in such a small area to make that number of injuries possible?

It was the day before Mardy Gras ("Rosenmontag") - during a carnival pardae.

I am not sure it is possible to make street festivals and demonstrations safe from that sort of thing.

I avoid large crowds and large cities in general. Ultimately there is no controlling what happens inside or by the herd-like actions of large crowds, and there is no foolproof way to protect them from lone-wolf violent predators.

No one is a criminal by nature - or everyone is a criminal by nature. Depends how to see it. I guess alcohol, drugs and brain damages are the worst problems in this context. Learned hate and mind manipulations are also a very big problem. And I fear to less people live in respect of god and respect for his living creation. Some deeds are irreversible. To kill is one thing - not to be able to recall a killed life another side of the problem.

and do not follow them. I am licensed to carry a concealed weapon, and frequently do, although I have not been involved in any kind of violent incident (armed or unarmed) since military service days.

That's normal. To have to live in fear of violence is not normal. But this is good to hear for me that you don't live in a sodom and gomorrah.

"Idiotentest" (=test for idiots)? That is brilliantly descriptive and exactly what we need. My country is so sensitive to what many feel is an absolute right to keep and bear arms, that an idiot test would never see the light of day. Good luck with yours.

I'm sure we will find step by step better ways to respect everyones freedom and rights - and nevertheless to protect everyone's life too. Take an example in context drivers license: Who falls suddenly in a catalepsy is not able to drive car. Who is an alcoholics or drug addict is not able to drive car ... for a shorter or longer time - sometimes all life long. If someone likes to change such situations then we will help him - for example with a therapy against alcohol or drugs. This hurts no ones freedom. It's for everyone the same.

On the vehicle license question, after the initial drivers licensing testing there is no more tests, unless trying to get a higher grade of license for commercial purposes. No idiot tests. Wish there were. It is amazing how many people retain their license or get it reinstated after multiple drunk driving offenses.

The so called "idiot test" (medical-psychological examination) tries to find out whether someone is still qualified to use his license. For example someone could be blind. Or someone suffers aggressions, which he is not able to control on his own. ... I guess there's time now to find a good system for weapon licenses too.

Well, you dickhead, I have not a clue who or why someone gave me a little "winner" symbol, if they did.

... Hopefully I was not the idiot on my own. ... Was I? ... I don't know. ... Sorry!

It is a public message board, we are on. If you do not want other people to comment or register their thoughts, you will have to initiate a private message conversation. It is funny, you take offense. Get over it. Guten Morgan, Herr Zaangalewa

Found Mench, uncapitalized as slang in an urban dictionary: A German word which, in Yiddish, means "a good person". A mench is a particularly good person with the qualities one would hope for in a dear friend or trusted colleague; a gentleman. We only capitalize proper nouns, not all nouns.

Individual Americans are likewise shocked when individuals or groups speak or acts "unvernünftig", especially when violent acts are involved. Society as a whole is no longer shocked, except as expressing lip service to the event or underlying problem. Not sure your society is any better on that. Both countries are longer on talking, than taking preventative corrective action.

Sein and Schein are good words. We live in the sein world, but our understanding is shaped schein understandings based often on our un-examined illusions or self delusions that come from our experience and education or lack there of. When we are forced to listen or live with false assertions of others for their purposes, it is indeed a bad thing and distorts the real world. Those two words would be handy discussing philosophy, but lets not go there. I am not up to it, especially on this message board.

Yes, Schnitzel, Brötchen, Pommes frites, Bier are nouns or common names for things that exist, but not "proper nouns" in American English grammar, so we do not capitalize.

I am surprised you do not drink beer. I thought everybody in your country was raised drinking beer. I am not an avid beer drinker, although I do keep some in a beverage refrigerator and drink it on occasion. As for not eating that food, It is delicious from your street vendors as long as you stop the guy from smothering it in mayonnaise before you get it. You sound like a "health food" enthusiast. Me? Not so much, although I am that guy in the picture and still in great shape. The real health food diet people over here, that write books on proper diet and attract millions of followers tend to die early from the same thing as non-health food followers. Maybe diet is not the prime factor in a long healthy life. Maybe the problem is lifestyle excesses, and lack of exercise discipline. I treat myself well, stay active and my body treats me well.

I like your attitude on what we call "domestic terrorism", not sure the danger of extremist nutballs can be averted. Hope you are correct. If you guys find the solution, please let us know.

The weapons laws we have are sensible, to a point, but still not effective in keeping weapons totally out of the hands of criminals, domestic terrorist and the destructively mentally unbalanced. Same as this thread topic started out before you and I hijacked the thread for international personal speech exchange. Surprised the mods haven't shut down the thread.

your paragraph on "no one being a criminal by nature" is good, in that it lets me know where your head is. You sound like a Mench, by the definition I found in the urban dictionary. Nice to meet ya. Not sure you are correct. Evil does exist and often bread by poverty, ignorance, fear and greed. An apple does not fall far from the tree and often springs fourth more rotten fruit. It is a fact that more people spend less time in contemplation of their maker than at any other time in my country's history. You said:"If someone likes to change such situations then we will help him - for example with a therapy against alcohol or drugs. This hurts no ones freedom. It's for everyone the same."
Our government only supports private healthcare and emergency care for the masses. That does not include preventative care or much in the way of mental healthcare, (in fact many government run mental hospitals have been de-funded and closed)yet, they think we have the best healthcare in the world, I guess, just because we have some of the best medical science and facilities in the world. They are wrong and short sighted, unless you are in the wealthier classes.

"Sodom and Gomorrah"? (proper nouns) Not generally, but there are definitely areas I would go out of the direct way to avoid even driving through at night, even when I am armed. I have been to some of your major cities. Definitely some areas I would not travel through at night. You are correct in thinking our crime statistics are truly appalling. It is a big country. I do not and would not live in those areas.

Back on your "idiot test" to mention I would not be against retesting for drivers licenses here. I took the keys from my father when he was in his 80s. It is usually family that does this here when it is done. It would probably be a huge fight. The one thing old people are more religious about than church is voting. It would probably be a hard sell.

" Hopefully I was not the idiot on my own. ... Was I? ... I don't know. ... Sorry!"

No problem at all. Think nothing of it. We do casual insults without meaning as if pitching cards back and fourth on family card game night.... :)
Good Afternoon to ya

Did you ever try to paint a "Hakenkreuz" (a swastika). You did, isn't it? Why?

The war of the sprayers from the left and right political spectrum shows only one thing: A lack of intelligence, creativity and aesthetics. Damn: this are three things. Difficult to paint in one word only.

No, not a spray painter of swastikas or anything else except lawn chairs or swings, if I get to it before my wife has me unloading new ones.
What struck me back then was the setting. We all know what bad neighborhoods look like here and avoid when possible. When walking down narrow, sometimes cobblestone streets of a small village with well tended terracotta roofed picturesque buildings, no litter in the village street after leaving a small German pub full of friendly half drunk Germans, you forget that you really don't know much about where you are or what kind of people you are moving about (on you own) through. See the swastika and death threats under an underpass were chilling. You can't understand many of the words and sometime symbols, but like looking at innocent snake on a creek bank vs a pit viper, you immediately know the difference, look around, pull the coat a little tighter and keep moving toward the light up ahead, thinking what the fk was I thinking, coming this way by myself, this time of night.

Haha, no German kids were going to beat you up, though some of Merkel's migrants might. In any case, every American deserves to get beat up by a German for what we did to that country for our Jewish masters.

German kids never entered my mind. Neo-Nazis suck as bad now as they did when the lunatic Hitler gave them lethal direction. If that is who you are, just keep you distance and you will be fine.

Really? I've been wondering whst the hell they are all about. I keep hearing people talk shit about Neo-Nazis, but have never met one. Have you? What do they do that makes you say they suck now? Or are you just aping what you've been taught to say?

Guess you should have watched the Charlotte demonstrations where the girl got run down by the nutball. On of the northeastern states just rated neo-nazis and white supremacist a greather threat than Muslim extremists. The Neo-Nazis suck, but at least they are home grown a$$holes.

The kid driving the car was under attack and clearly he was just trying to get away. The big fat pig who died was barely hit and she got what she deserved anyway. The driver was the victim of injustice and is sitting in prison. Very unfair.

In Germany live lots of Germans with a migrant background from Kurdistan.
They aren't German. ...

It's not your problem whom a German calls German. You are not a German.

Silly person, I may call a cat a cat, and even though I am not a cat, I know it is not a dog.

You are right. A cat is not a dog. But for my dogs I'm a dog. And I bite no one has any right to attack my nice and friendly Kurdish neighbors. In some years their little children will speak a perfect German and perhaps they will take one day a look as tourists at every place in the world, which they like to see. Perhaps they will even try to find out what's really going on in the racist pigsty, which you call "my unabashed country".

Dream on, clueless fraulein

No, not a spray painter of swastikas or anything else except lawn chairs or swings, if I get to it before my wife has me unloading new ones.
What struck me back then was the setting. We all know what bad neighborhoods look like here and avoid when possible. When walking down narrow, sometimes cobblestone streets of a small village with well tended terracotta roofed picturesque buildings, no litter in the village street after leaving a small German pub full of friendly half drunk Germans, you forget that you really don't know much about where you are or what kind of people you are moving about (on you own) through. See the swastika and death threats under an underpass were chilling. You can't understand many of the words and sometime symbols, but like looking at innocent snake on a creek bank vs a pit viper, you immediately know the difference, look around, pull the coat a little tighter and keep moving toward the light up ahead, thinking what the fk was I thinking, coming this way by myself, this time of night.
Haha, no German kids were going to beat you up, though some of Merkel's migrants might. In any case, every American deserves to get beat up by a German for what we did to that country for our Jewish masters.
German kids never entered my mind. Neo-Nazis suck as bad now as they did when the lunatic Hitler gave them lethal direction. If that is who you are, just keep you distance and you will be fine.
Really? I've been wondering whst the hell they are all about. I keep hearing people talk shit about Neo-Nazis, but have never met one. Have you? What do they do that makes you say they suck now? Or are you just aping what you've been taught to say?
Guess you should have watched the Charlotte demonstrations where the girl got run down by the nutball. On of the northeastern states just rated neo-nazis and white supremacist a greather threat than Muslim extremists. The Neo-Nazis suck, but at least they are home grown a$$holes.
The kid driving the car was under attack and clearly he was just trying to get away. The big fat pig who died was barely hit and she got what she deserved anyway. The driver was the victim of injustice and is sitting in prison. Very unfair.
All the witness accounts I read do not agree with you. That is why he was charged. Avoid getting yourself into situations of violent protest and you may avoid being charged.

In Germany live lots of Germans with a migrant background from Kurdistan.
They aren't German. ...

It's not your problem whom a German calls German. You are not a German.

Silly person, I may call a cat a cat, and even though I am not a cat, I know it is not a dog.

You are right. A cat is not a dog. But for my dogs I'm a dog. And I bite no one has any right to attack my nice and friendly Kurdish neighbors. In some years their little children will speak a perfect German and perhaps they will take one day a look as tourists at every place in the world, which they like to see. Perhaps they will even try to find out what's really going on in the racist pigsty, which you call "my unabashed country".

Dream on, clueless fraulein

Do you have anything else to do all day long than to try to provoke Germans to hate US-Americans, Nazi spitlicker?

Last edited:

I am also no help with "unvernünftig" versus "schein".

INthemoenoetn he is in a hsptioatla and the policve waits uintil he will be fit to be questioned. It's good that he is alive. Wioln be interte4e8ing to find out his motivation. I guess he will come the rest of his life in prison without any possiblity for an amnesty or he will come the rest of his life in forensic and/or psychiatric hospital under "Sicherheitsverwahrung" (preventive detention). I guess lots of people will study him.

It was the day before Mardy Gras ("Rosenmontag") - during a carnival pardae.

That's normal. To have to live in fear of violence is not normal. But this is good to hear for me that you don't live in a sodom and gomorrah.

Found Mench, uncapitalized as slang in an urban dictionary: A German word which, in Yiddish, means "a good person". A mench is a particularly good person with the qualities one would hope for in a dear friend or trusted colleague; a gentleman.

Ist exists a duality between "Mensch" and "Unmensch" which is similar to the duality between angels and devils - but a duality which is much more full of humor, how the German poet Eugen Roth showed. In the end this is not important, because devils and angels are the same "people" - as well as Mensch and Unmensch are the same "Menschen".

We only capitalize proper nouns, not all nouns.

Individual Americans are likewise shocked when individuals or groups speak or acts "unvernünftig", especially when violent acts are involved. Society as a whole is no longer shocked, [/Quote]

I doubt this. The problem is: Everyone or a complete society is able to become desensitized. But how to reverse this? How for example to make out of a child a child soldier? That's easy (destruction is always easy) - but how to reverse this process? The first step is to recognize "sentiment" is worth to fight for.

except as expressing lip service to the event or underlying problem. Not sure your society is any better on that. Both countries are longer on talking, than taking preventative corrective action.

Sein and Schein are good words. We live in the sein world, but our understanding is shaped schein understandings based often on our un-examined illusions or self delusions that come from our experience and education or lack there of. When we are forced to listen or live with false assertions of others for their purposes, it is indeed a bad thing and distorts the real world. Those two words would be handy discussing philosophy, but lets not go there. I am not up to it, especially on this message board.

Immanuel Kant asked in this context "Kann das Ding an sich erkennbar sein?". I miss in the moment a good English translaiont of this sentence. As simple as this sentence is as difficult is it to think about this. Once I was quite sure the answer is "no". But since some years I am not convinced any longer the answer "no" is really true in this context.

Yes, Schnitzel, Brötchen, Pommes frites, Bier are nouns or common names for things that exist, but not "proper nouns" in American English grammar, so we do not capitalize.

I am surprised you do not drink beer.

I don't drink alcohol. Beer contains alcohol.

I thought everybody in your country was raised drinking beer. I am not an avid beer drinker, although I do keep some in a beverage refrigerator and drink it on occasion. As for not eating that food, It is delicious from your street vendors as long as you stop the guy from smothering it in mayonnaise before you get it. You sound like a "health food" enthusiast.

This is what age makes out of us. "Die or eat health food" is the question. My plan is to die with 115 years or to change this plan when I will be 116.

Me? Not so much, although I am that guy in the picture and still in great shape. The real health food diet people over here, that write books on proper diet and attract millions of followers tend to die early from the same thing as non-health food followers. Maybe diet is not the prime factor in a long healthy life. Maybe the problem is lifestyle excesses, and lack of exercise discipline. I treat myself well, stay active and my body treats me well.

I like your attitude on what we call "domestic terrorism", not sure the danger of extremist nutballs can be averted. Hope you are correct. If you guys find the solution, please let us know.

We'll let you know - but you will ignore it. Lots of proriems oifbn the USA swap to Germany - school massacres for example. Since a very long time we had no school massacre any longer. Lots of little steps caused this. No guarantee for tomorrow - bit the situaion is much more better. Or take our hundeds of thousands of policemen. They shoot at human beings (=Menschen) inclduign warn shots normally less than 100 times a yaers and normaly les than 10 people die becaeu fothsi. And nearly never die policemen, because someone shoots at them.

The weapons laws we have are sensible, to a point, but still not effective in keeping weapons totally out of the hands of criminals, domestic terrorist and the destructively mentally unbalanced.

You sell "war weapons" for private use. No one is able to stop someone, who is using such a wroisnd in a time span where not lots of people will die. This is totally sick.

Same as this thread topic started out before you and I hijacked the thread for international personal speech exchange. Surprised the mods haven't shut down the thread.

I hijacked nothing. I'm angry about the US-American idiots, who don't have any real idea about Germany but hinks anything in our country justidies your stupid lack of weapon laws.

your paragraph on "no one being a criminal by nature" is good, in that it lets me know where your head is. You sound like a Mench, by the definition I found in the urban dictionary.

Sure I'm a "Mensch" - everyone is a "Mensch" - including my dog who "ist auch nur ein Mensch" (=who is also only a human being).

Nice to meet ya. Not sure you are correct. Evil does exist

Yes and no.

and often bread by poverty, ignorance, fear and greed.

Poverty bears often real holiness, ignorance is sometimes only naive and "fear" is often only another word for respect. Only greed is not a god thing.

An apple does not fall far from the tree and often springs fourth more rotten fruit.

Apples try to be eaten so their life brings apple trees to bloom. No one eats rotten fruits except he likes to be drunken.

It is a fact that more people spend less time in contemplation of their maker than at any other time in my country's history. You said:"If someone likes to change such situations then we will help him - for example with a therapy against alcohol or drugs. This hurts no ones freedom. It's for everyone the same."
Our government only supports private healthcare and emergency care for the masses. That does not include preventative care or much in the way of mental healthcare, (in fact many government run mental hospitals have been de-funded and closed)yet, they think we have the best healthcare in the world, I guess, just because we have some of the best medical science and facilities in the world. They are wrong and short sighted, unless you are in the wealthier classes.

I was always happy with our health system. And in general I would say prevention is for sure the most important thing.

"Sodom and Gomorrah"? (proper nouns) Not generally, but there are definitely areas I would go out of the direct way to avoid even driving through at night, even when I am armed. I have been to some of your major cities. Definitely some areas I would not travel through at night. You are correct in thinking our crime statistics are truly appalling. It is a big country. I do not and would not live in those areas.

Back on your "idiot test" to mention I would not be against retesting for drivers licenses here. I took the keys from my father when he was in his 80s. It is usually family that does this here when it is done. It would probably be a huge fight. The one thing old people are more religious about than church is voting. It would probably be a hard sell.

" Hopefully I was not the idiot on my own. ... Was I? ... I don't know. ... Sorry!"

No problem at all. Think nothing of it. We do casual insults without meaning as if pitching cards back and fourth on family card game night.... :)
Good Afternoon to ya

Good night.

Last edited:
Mench is seldom used here, except possibly in a Jewish community. Unmench, never used. Putting "un" at the beginning of a word does not always work, in trying to specify being opposite to the word you are trying to modify. The opposite of Mench would probably better expressed, labeling someone as a dumb-assed, erratic moron. Not as economic a use of words, but it would be more to the point.

"I doubt this. The problemd is: Everyone or a complete society is able to become desensitized." True. You an I remember the pain of hitting our thumb, while driving a nail, so we take precautions to avoid it. Societies (especially ours) do not, and quickly forget the pain of destructive events until it happens again. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it, as Harvard professor and philosopher George Santayana once remarked. Makes me think this is a very dangerous time for societies, mine and yours.
"Kann das Ding an sich erkennbar sein?" Can the thing be recognizable in itself? Kant was probably referring to the nature of reality, and the values and realities of the differences of of physics vs metaphysics. I am not sure what period he wrote that in. He struggled with his own atheism during his early more pure intellectual period prior to becoming one of the most renowned philosophers the world has ever known. He was a great philosopher, but I am not, and have not studied philosophy since freshman or sophomore college years, over 40 years ago. I cautioned you in another post against attempting pure philosophic conversation. It really requires far more common mutual language than you and I possess. You followed that in the same paragraph with " Wheni thigzsht about tpeprtionwmdsinhthsi oicntext fro six mnhth si ws quite sure the answer is "no". It made my point perfectly. I looked at it, tried to use google translate, even had my wife look at it. I have no clue what you were try (and failing) to say. It isn't German or English. I hope it wasn't important or particularly profound.

"You sell "war weapons". Nononeisb able to stop someon owhwi is suing such a wroisnd in a time span where not lots of epoel wil die. This is totally sick.
You guys sell "war Weapons" also. They just don't let people like you buy them. My preferred carry, personal weapon is by Walther Arms, although it is manufactured here. You guys make and sell great weapons and lots of them.
German arms sales to Egypt, Saudi Arabia up 500%
November 16, 2017 at 2:15 pm | Published in: Africa, Egypt, Europe & Russia, Germany, Middle East, News, Saudi Arabia
guns-1.jpg

[File photo]
November 16, 2017 at 2:15 pm
Germany approved arms sales to Egypt and Saudi Arabia worth some €450 million ($526 million) this year, a fivefold increase compared to last year, the DW Akademie reported yesterday.
One of the great truths is a slogan, "Gun don't kill people, people kill people", it is also a great lie, used to confuse the issue. The paranoid pro-gun activists fear that any limit on the right to keep and bear arms means we could be controlled under the threat or force of the guns of our vary own government. Both sides of the argument for or against guns are equally nonsensical. The Governor of my state proposed legislation yesterday legalize constitutional carry. I wonder how that will work out for us. It does not pose a threat to me, but seems somewhat like proposing driving without a drivers license. Wish us luck.

"I hijacked nothing. I'm angry about the US-American idiots, who don't have any real idea about Germany." Yes. You and I both did, but it doesn't matter. This thread has turned more into some kind of goofy foreign exchange "pen-pal" thread than a discussion of the thread topic. Don't listen to you anger. Not many over here would be angry over German idiots who do not have a real idea about America. 98% or more have never been to Germany, so why should they care and at the same time why should you care? Are you planning a visit? You will be in no danger at Disneyland or the Grand Canyon. I would wait before coming until they figure out how to deal with the Corona virus threat though. That extremist guy you were posting with is probably one of those Neo-Nazi, white supremacist jerks I was talking about. Again, ignoranct evil is real. Pay the dipshit no mind.

"Poverty bears often real holiness, ignorance is sometimes only naive and "fear" is often only another word for respect. Only greed is not a god thing."

To many people, in many countries, poverty bears envy and hopelessness, causing people to take refuge in religions that have turned from the word of a loving God, to false religious leaders who preach violence and death to other people of different religions and backgrounds. It is ignorance that lets this dangerous extremism flourish. Fear is not a problem, in and of itself, but it requires wisdom, knowledge and self control to overcome, and these are not often traits found in ignorant people. You are certainly not ignorant, but you display a childlike naivety of the problems of evil in the world. Have you ever heard of pollyannaism? I actually envy your ability to hold your outlook, unless of course you are actually only 13 years old.

Mench is seldom used here, except possibly in a Jewish community. Unmench, never used. Putting "un" at the beginning of a word does not always work, in trying to specify being opposite to the word you are trying to modify. The opposite of Mench would probably better expressed, labeling someone as a dumb-assed, erratic moron. Not as economic a use of words, but it would be more to the point.

You use a dual - an excluding - form to think. Such froms need opossites likes "friends" and "enemies". But a devil is sometimes an angel and an angle is able to be a devil - when we speak about human devils and angels. So perhaps it's more easy to express this in an idiom of quantum logic. A Mensch (1) and an Unmensch (2) are the superposition of the the same Mensch (3). The context of the word "Mensch" flows in this case like a Yin-Yan symbol.

Seltsam genug

Ein Mensch erlebt den krassen Fall,
Es menschelt deutlich, überall -
Und trotzdem merkt man, weit und breit
Oft nicht die Spur von Menschlichkeit.

Eugen Roth

"I doubt this. The problemd is: Everyone or a complete society is able to become desensitized."
True. You an I remember the pain of hitting our thumb, while driving a nail, so we take precautions to avoid it. Societies (especially ours) do not, and quickly forget the pain of destructive events until it happens again. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it, as Harvard professor and philosopher George Santayana once remarked. Makes me think this is a very dangerous time for societies, mine and yours.
"Kann das Ding an sich erkennbar sein?" Can the thing be recognizable in itself? Kant was probably referring to the nature of reality, and the values and realities of the differences of of physics vs metaphysics. I am not sure what period he wrote that in.

Start of the enlightenment. The USA is - ¿or was? - a child of the enlightnement?

He struggled with his own atheism during his early more pure intellectual period prior to becoming one of the most renowned philosophers the world has ever known. He was a great philosopher, but I am not, and have not studied philosophy since freshman or sophomore college years, over 40 years ago. I cautioned you in another post against attempting pure philosophic conversation. It really requires far more common mutual language than you and I possess. You followed that in the same paragraph with " Wheni thigzsht about tpeprtionwmdsinhthsi oicntext fro six mnhth si ws quite sure the answer is "no". It made my point perfectly. I looked at it, tried to use google translate, even had my wife look at it. I have no clue what you were try (and failing) to say. It isn't German or English. I hope it wasn't important or particularly profound.

"You sell "war weapons". Nononeisb able to stop someon owhwi is suing such a wroisnd in a time span where not lots of epoel wil die. This is totally sick.
You guys sell "war Weapons" also. They just don't let people like you buy them. My preferred carry, personal weapon is by Walther Arms, although it is manufactured here. You guys make and sell great weapons and lots of them.
German arms sales to Egypt, Saudi Arabia up 500%
November 16, 2017 at 2:15 pm | Published in: Africa, Egypt, Europe & Russia, Germany, Middle East, News, Saudi Arabia
guns-1.jpg

[File photo]
November 16, 2017 at 2:15 pm
Germany approved arms sales to Egypt and Saudi Arabia worth some €450 million ($526 million) this year, a fivefold increase compared to last year, the DW Akademie reported yesterday.

During world war 1 the German weapon industry sold detonators for artellery shells to the Brits. So what to expect from weaspon producers and wepon dealers? Love for the own people? This people make money - that's it.

We have by the way a weapon boycott against Saudi Arbia - what causes much more serious critics on Germany. And we do not follow the totally stupid politics o the USA under Trump against the Iran. But all this makes us not to friends of the mullahs of the Iran or to enemies of the Sauds in Arabia.

One of the great truths is a slogan, "Gun don't kill people, people kill people", it is also a great lie, used to confuse the issue.

The problem is: For to fight with a sword someone needs a very long occupation that requires training - including honorful behavior and ethic rules. Let me say: Guns are stupid - and looks like guns make stupid. When I say to a knight "Who is not able ot dance, is also not able to fight" then he will never be shy any longer to dance with a lady. But what to say to an idiot, who is using war guns for private use? Something with "f..." what is far from the real and very positive content of this word?

The paranoid pro-gun activists fear that any limit on the right to keep and bear arms means we could be controlled under the threat or force of the guns of our vary own government.

I'm always astonished why people ignore ABC-weapons or armed drones (or AI-weapons in general) in such a context - but try to celebrate a racist "heroism" from times of past, when "American" seddlers murdered "Anti-American" Red Indians in masses with [semi-]automatic weapons. The real cowboys (btw: 1/3rd of the real cowboys were negroes) for example had nearly never weapons - weapons were much to expensive. They needed a rifle for a "Gnadenschuß" ... is "mercy shot" a correct translation?

Both sides of the argument for or against guns are equally nonsensical. The Governor of my state proposed legislation yesterday legalize constitutional carry. I wonder how that will work out for us. It does not pose a threat to me, but seems somewhat like proposing driving without a drivers license. Wish us luck.

I wish you the best for you and your citizens. I wish the best for everyone, who lives in the states. God bless the USA.

"I hijacked nothing. I'm angry about the US-American idiots, who don't have any real idea about Germany."
Yes. You and I both did, but it doesn't matter.

The shortest way between two points are twirls.

This thread has turned more into some kind of goofy foreign exchange "pen-pal" thread than a discussion of the thread topic. Don't listen to you anger. Not many over here would be angry over German idiots who do not have a real idea about America. 98% or more have never been to Germany, so why should they care and at the same time why should you care? Are you planning a visit?

No. I hate it to travel. I feel very well at home. Tourists from all over the world come in our country.

You will be in no danger at Disneyland or the Grand Canyon. I would wait before coming until they figure out how to deal with the Corona virus threat though. That extremist guy you were posting with is probably one of those Neo-Nazi, white supremacist jerks I was talking about. Again, ignoranct evil is real. Pay the dipshit no mind.

"Poverty bears often real holiness, ignorance is sometimes only naive and "fear" is often only another word for respect. Only greed is not a god thing."

To many people, in many countries, poverty bears envy and hopelessness,

Okay. You are right. But to fight against this poverty - "you don't have any chance, but use it" - bears also often a great spirit and opens new ways. It's not a shame to be poor - it's perhaps sometimes a shame not to work on this problem. For sure a greater inner richdom is always possible - for everyone. And this is the best chance to change the world.

causing people to take refuge in religions that have turned from the word of a loving God, to false religious leaders who preach violence and death to other people of different religions and backgrounds. It is ignorance that lets this dangerous extremism flourish.

The benedictinian rule "Ora et labora" (pray and work) made Europe (and the USA) great and strong. The full text is "Ora et laora et lege". Pray and work and read (study).

Fear is not a problem, in and of itself, but it requires wisdom, knowledge and self control to overcome, and these are not often traits found in ignorant people. You are certainly not ignorant, but you display a childlike naivety of the problems of evil in the world.

Thanks. I see this as a great praise.

Have you ever heard of pollyannaism?

No. Sounds a little like poly-animism. Something like "multiple souls of the creation"? In this case "Yes". I believe that the echo of the creating word of god lives in everything everywhere always. Specially in all living entities. On the other side I do not believe in souls independent from bodies ("ghosts") but I believe everywhere is [His] spirit - also in the most empty nothing.

I actually envy your ability to hold your outlook, unless of course you are actually only 13 years old.

13 is psychologically a good approximation value. In this age I did fall in love with an ice princess. She was wonderful. Everything was wonderful. But meanwhile I found out I am in "worst case" 13.8 billion years old. But that's a nice age too.

Last edited:
a child of the enlightnement? Not me. Everyone who has taken a philosophy course has read Kant.

We have by the way a weapon boycott against Saudi Arbia ... Saudi Arabia sucks, especially that murderous asshole Prince Mohammad Bin Salman Al Saud. We just had to kick a bunch of Saudi military studentsout of our country because one of the Saudi students went full blown terrorist at a US Naval Air Base on the coast, killing three of our naval servicemen while other Saudi students filmed on their Iphones. Kicking the rest of that Saudi was the right move, but the shooter should have been tried here in the US under Military Justice and then executed. Yet our idiot president still supports the Saudis and especially the Prince. We do not follow by the way the totally stupid politics o the USA under Trumps against the Iran....I am not an Iran supporter. I do not think their quest to put nuclear weapons in the hands of the mullahs is good for the region, the world, or specifically the United States. Trump should not have backed out of the nuclear treaty, but he did. Still, if I had to choose today, between the radical warmongering, beligerant Iranian mullah government or my belligerent idiot president at this moment, I'll go with my belligerent, idiot president. Man, I hated saying that. My president sucks.
"but try to celebrate a racist "heroism" from t4ims lng past when "American" seddlers murdered "Anti-American" Red Indians in masses with [semi-]automatic weapons." Not that many Gatling guns used in the Indian wars. Good defensive weapon, although was known to jamb. Not that great offensively. Custer didn't even use them, even though they were available, because they would impede his mobility. Of course he chose to impede his own mobility instead of withdrawing, and probably wished in had them. The mainstay of the US Cavalry back in those days was probably the single shot breech loading .45 Cal Springfield rifle, with the .45 cal 6 shot single action colt probably the predominant pistol. I kind of doubt your idea that the percentage of black cowboys was as high as 30% also. Accounts and pictures still availble do not support it. Most of the western United states is nowhere near 30% black to this day, at least if my travels in New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah and Arizona are an indication.

God bless the USA. Thank you. We support a free and democratic Germany, have since WWII and wish you and your people the best.

Have a good one, Zaagelewa

a child of the enlightnement? Not me.

You are proud not to be a child of the enlightenment? Are you sure?

-----
Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-imposed nonage. Nonage is the inability to use one's own understanding without another's guidance. This nonage is self-imposed if its cause lies not in lack of understanding but in indecision and lack of courage to use one's own mind without another's guidance. Dare to know! (Sapere aude.) "Have the courage to use your own understanding," is therefore the motto of the enlightenment.

Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large part of mankind gladly remain minors all their lives, long after nature has freed them from external guidance. They are the reasons why it is so easy for others to set themselves up as guardians. It is so comfortable to be a minor. If I have a book that thinks for me, a pastor who acts as my conscience, a physician who prescribes my diet, and so on--then I have no need to exert myself. I have no need to think, if only I can pay; others will take care of that disagreeable business for me. Those guardians who have kindly taken supervision upon themselves see to it that the overwhelming majority of mankind--among them the entire fair sex--should consider the step to maturity, not only as hard, but as extremely dangerous. First, these guardians make their domestic cattle stupid and carefully prevent the docile creatures from taking a single step without the leading-strings to which they have fastened them. Then they show them the danger that would threaten them if they should try to walk by themselves. Now this danger is really not very great; after stumbling a few times they would, at last, learn to walk. However, examples of such failures intimidate and generally discourage all further attempts.

Thus it is very difficult for the individual to work himself out of the nonage which has become almost second nature to him. He has even grown to like it, and is at first really incapable of using his own understanding because he has never been permitted to try it. Dogmas and formulas, these mechanical tools designed for reasonable use--or rather abuse--of his natural gifts, are the fetters of an everlasting nonage. The man who casts them off would make an uncertain leap over the narrowest ditch, because he is not used to such free movement. That is why there are only a few men who walk firmly, and who have emerged from nonage by cultivating their own minds.

It is more nearly possible, however, for the public to enlighten itself; indeed, if it is only given freedom, enlightenment is almost inevitable. There will always be a few independent thinkers, even among the self-appointed guardians of the multitude. Once such men have thrown off the yoke of nonage, they will spread about them the spirit of a reasonable appreciation of man's value and of his duty to think for himself. It is especially to be noted that the public which was earlier brought under the yoke by these men afterwards forces these very guardians to remain in submission, if it is so incited by some of its guardians who are themselves incapable of any enlightenment. That shows how pernicious it is to implant prejudices: they will eventually revenge themselves upon their authors or their authors' descendants. Therefore, a public can achieve enlightenment only slowly. A revolution may bring about the end of a personal despotism or of avaricious tyrannical oppression, but never a true reform of modes of thought. New prejudices will serve, in place of the old, as guide lines for the unthinking multitude.

This enlightenment requires nothing but freedom--and the most innocent of all that may be called "freedom": freedom to make public use of one's reason in all matters. Now I hear the cry from all sides: "Do not argue!" The officer says: "Do not argue--drill!" The tax collector: "Do not argue--pay!" The pastor: "Do not argue--believe!" Only one ruler in the world says: "Argue as much as you please, but obey!" We find restrictions on freedom everywhere. But which restriction is harmful to enlightenment? Which restriction is innocent, and which advances enlightenment? I reply: the public use of one's reason must be free at all times, and this alone can bring enlightenment to mankind.
-----
Immanuel Kant

Everyone who has taken a philosophy course has read Kant.

I remember a philoposher, who said once to me: "No one is able to read Kant. You have to translate him from German to German".

We have by the way a weapon boycott against Saudi Arbia ... Saudi Arabia sucks, especially that murderous asshole Prince Mohammad Bin Salman Al Saud. We just had to kick a bunch of Saudi military studentsout of our country because one of the Saudi students went full blown terrorist at a US Naval Air Base on the coast, killing three of our naval servicemen while other Saudi students filmed on their Iphones. Kicking the rest of that Saudi was the right move, but the shooter should have been tried here in the US under Military Justice and then executed.

A late and brutal awareness about an old and brutal regime and the more or less innocent victims of this regime. Even to sing in public is a crime in the pseudo-religious islamistic state doctrine of the clan of the Sauds. And the USA supports since a long time the state doctrine "Islamism" - a sorry "Wahabism" - in this country.

Yet our idiot president still supports the Saudis and especially the Prince.

An autocrat loves autocrats. Trump tries for example to replace loyalite and/or solidarity with the USA (because the USA is a child of the enlightenment bearing freedom) with loyalite and/or solidarity to his own person. And his own person knows only one tyrannical side of reality: The side of money - better to say: the side of the own money.

We do not follow by the way the totally stupid politics o the USA under Trumps against the Iran....I am not an Iran supporter. I do not think their quest to put nuclear weapons in the hands of the mullahs is good for the region, the world, or specifically the United States.

This problem was badly solved - but nevertheles solved - before Donald the Trump desolved it again. It had needed 13 years to find this bad solution and needed the work of hundreds or thousands of diplomats. Then came Trump and had replaced it with nothing, because he tries to be so "intelligent" to confuse himselve with Cesar: divide and rule. We call this a "Napoleonic complex". By the way: France had to pay a lot for the megalomania of Napoleon Bonaparte, who thought the world is his property. And the English empire is also only the dust in British brains from yesterday and let them make wrong decisions still today.

Trump should not have backed out of the nuclear treaty, but he did. Still, if I had to choose today, between the radical warmongering, beligerant Iranian mullah government or my belligerent idiot president at this moment, I'll go with my belligerent, idiot president.

The sentence "right or wrong, my country" is a very big problem. A father said to his son: "Whatever the US-American president did - you don't have any right to touch a woman between her legs in public." Is such a joke not a big tragedy, because it is nearly not a joke?

Man, I hated saying that. My president sucks.

I know. Be careful. Never do what's wrong. Never lose your independence in mind and ever be wise. Trumps are coming and going. The history is full of them. Their problems are not the real problems of the most people.

"but try to celebrate a racist "heroism" from t4ims lng past when "American" seddlers murdered "Anti-American" Red Indians in masses with [semi-]automatic weapons." Not that many Gatling guns used in the Indian wars. Good defensive weapon, although was known to jamb. Not that great offensively. Custer didn't even use them, even though they were available, because they would impede his mobility.

US-American civilists for example shot down all buffaloes - for example while travelling with trains - and the Red Indians died in masses on hunger. We call such crimes today "genocide". From the 6 million buffaloes survived only about 1000 before this catastrophe was stopped. The result for the Red Indians was a similar disaster. Not to forget in this context: Red Indians had saved once the asses of the first colonists not to die on hunger. A tragedy - a real tragedy.

Of course he chose to impede his own mobility instead of withdrawing, and probably wished in had them. The mainstay of the US Cavalry back in those days was probably the single shot breech loading .45 Cal Springfield rifle, with the .45 cal 6 shot single action colt probably the predominant pistol. I kind of doubt your idea that the percentage of black cowboys was as high as 30% also. Accounts and pictures still availble do not support it. Most of the western United states is nowhere near 30% black to this day,

My information is 1/3 of all cowboys were Blacks - better to say "Negroes". The word "Black" sounds in my ears much more negative than the word "Negroe". One of the three kings of wisdoms is traditionally a black man, a Negroe, a Nubian - also here in our regions, where never Blacks lived in big numbers. But ask the New York City Federation of Black Cowboys. Perhaps they are able to tell you something about this paradox.

at least if my travels in New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah and Arizona are an indication.
God bless the USA. Thank you. We support a free and democratic Germany, have since WWII

Since world war 1 - with exceptions during 1933-1945 in whole Germany and from 1933-1989 in the East of Germany. And Germany is today only a very little rest of the free Germanic nations, which had lived once from Africa over Europe to Asia.

and wish you and your people the best.
Have a good one, Zaagelewa

Last edited:
You are proud not to be a child of the enlightenment? Are you sure? Proud? No. Just enlightened self aware. Not an intellectual slouch, but not enough formal academics (with understanding) to claim that lofty superlative, although I thank for the suggestion. Relying on Kant again? Mine is probably the sin of laziness, and minor insight without action is more often than not a waste of the insight attained.
You have to translate him from German to German". I can understand and see that may be true to a certain degree, and that is another reason, I doubt you and I are likely to hit upon a new and examined truth.

USA supports since a long time the state doctrine "Islamism" - a sorry "Wahabism" - in this country. Not a conscious support, indeed having a loathing for the Wahabism of which you speak, yet support of that ruler does indeed support it. It is not any better to support it in one country than another. The political/economic management class has always smiled that direction due to the resources and their benefit or effect on the world economy and their private fortunes. Having a president attracted to the personal power dynamic enjoyed by totalitarian rulers does not help. I definitely do not see a policy change until our current president leaves office and possibly not even then, and he shows not even the slightest self awareness that there is a problem with his support.
Your next few response paragraphs were like a preacher, preaching to the choir.
Is such a joke not a big tragedy, because it is nearly not a joke? It is indeed like a joke in a way, but it unmistakably marks his lack of "good" character and his lack of self discipline. Those are two exceedingly bad traits for a leader, according to the leadership training I received and incorporated. You know it as well as I do.
Trump... replaced it with nothing, because he tries to be so "intelligent" The most intellectually lazy man I have ever seen in that office. Divide and conquer? Sound strategy for a politician, but not the mark of a statesman or nation builder. He is very big on "repeal and replace", but always forgets the replace part of the equation. He equates completing only 50% of the equation with attaining 90% of the goal. Most of us are not fooled, just the vocal minority.
Be careful. Never lose your independence in mind and ever be wise. Being retired, means I no longer have to make allowance thepopulous (fake conservative) viewpoints dejour of others on a daily basis. I am not paid to conform anymore. Did you know that politically speaking, independents (meaning people who do not affiliate with either of the two main political parties) outnumber republicans in this country for the first time in history. More people are in fact becoming aware that the extreme (vocal minority) fringes in each party have taken over their party's effort and positions to the point where committed support to either party is being rejected as stupidly self defeating.

Your impressions of our history viewed by the lenses of the modern world is amusing. Yes. We conquered this continent, viewing it as our manifest destiny to spread across and subdue the lands, the animals, the indigenous people, adapting to challenge and change. Little attention was paid in the 17 and 1800s to conservation. Indigenous people meeting superior technology and organization were conquered as always has happened since the beginning of time. Man and animal all over the earth have had to adapt or fade away, be it dramatic and sometimes violent or so slowly it is hard to realize it has and is happening. You sentimentalize the past to easily without rational analysis as is common with an overly liberal mindset. This may be intellectual laziness on your part, n'est-ce pas?
New York City Federation of Black Cowboys? You got to be kidding. Talk about a romanticizing little fantasy sewing circle in our farthest east major metropolitan city as a source of realistic knowledge of the settling of the old west is patently ridiculous. Try again. History of the old west was made by those who could. Those who couldn't became shop keepers and townspeople of the region. Those who could not make it doing that, moved back to the eastern cities and romanticized what never was.

... Your impressions of our history viewed by the lenses of the modern world is amusing. ...

"USA first" (Trump is using the word "America" instead of the word "USA") was used for example from the Brits in 1740 in the formula "Britannia first, at Heav'n's command". It is a requirement for world supremacy. The Brits "ruled" once 25% of the world in their lousy exploitatively empire. So I don't think the USA is this, what I could call "modern world".

And to say it clear: The USA is still a nation full of racists and violent people. Your lack of control of weapons in the USA is a national disaster. Your violent ways to try to solve real and/or selfmade conflicts with wars is an international disaster. And yes: Your nation murdered in masses people in wars and genocided Red Indians.

Last edited:
Yes, and your country plunged the world into the two greatest, most destructive wars the world has ever seen, spreading death and destruction around the world, involving almost all countries of the modern world. One of these wars seemingly bent upon the total destruction of your ancestors, (the Jewish people) for little real reason, other than the fact that they were different in religion and custom than what your country's leader determined should be the norm, carrying out his genocide and oppression first in your country, because the German people lacked the will and the means to resist, taking the easy way, and going along with his madness. [We are a willfull independent society. The right to keep and bear arms (not just for hunting deer and squirrel) is written into our constitution by our founding fathers, who saw their might come a day when our people might have to resist our own government, to avoid totalitarian control, by violently resisting, which we certainly would.)] NATO, has stood strong (greatly at our expense) to protect your country and make sure Europe does not fall to what was the Empirical communist power to your east. Indeed we are still supporting your freedom, today as that once communist country again plays at reuniting and regaining control of it's lost satellite countries on you eastern borders, posing a potential threat to you and the rest of Europe. I have walked the streets of your great cities, the narrow streets of you small towns and villages, seen the churches still standing, still to this day pockmarked by the machine gun fire of that last war. I walked the grave yards of those that fell, and visited the concentration/extermination camps erected when your people failed to deal with the evil within, allowing it to spill over to effect all mankind. Do not attempt to sound morally superior. It has no sway.

Yes, and your country plunged the world into the two greatest, most destructive wars the world has ever seen,

What's by the way not really true and a much more complex problem than you seem to think. But indeed changed the USA in world war 1 the complete history of the world. Unfortunatelly history knows not experiments. Would be interesting to know what had happened when "you" had stayed at home in the USA.The world could be a paradise now - who knows?

spreading death and destruction around the world, involving almost all countries of the modern world. One of these wars seemingly bent upon the total destruction of your ancestors, (the Jewish people) for little real reason,

Very short: A mad man like Hitler was able to overtake might and power because of the totally mad situation after world war 1. And for this totally mad situation were also responsible the winners of world war 1.

other than the fact that they were different in religion and custom than what your country's leader determined should be the norm, carrying out his genocide and oppression first in your country, because the German people lacked the will and the means to resist, taking the easy way, and going along with his madness.

What you call "genocide" in Germany I call on my own "fratricide". The idea "nationalism" made this fratricide possible. Nationalism - and lots of other ideas, which the Nazis used - are not ideas which came in the origin from Germany.

[We are a willfull independent society. The right to keep and bear arms (not just for hunting deer and squirrel) is written into our constitution by our founding fathers, who saw their might come a day when our people might have to resist our own government, to avoid totalitarian control, by violently resisting, which we certainly would.)]

Less pathetic: I guess they thought everyone has the right to use weapons for to kill native Americans.

NATO, has stood strong (greatly at our expense) to protect your country

to protect your country and to control Germany

and make sure Europe does not fall to what was the Empirical communist power to your east.

The USA sold a big part of Europe to their ally Stalin and his Soviets - including a big part of Germany.

Indeed we are still supporting your freedom,

Your "free" nation has for example the unbelievable arrogance to make laws like: "Protecting Europe's Energy Security Act of 2019". Such a law is the same like a declaration of war of the USA against Germany and Russia and such a law is also a war against a free world trade.

today as that once communist country again plays at reuniting and regaining control of it's lost satellite countries on you eastern borders, posing a potential threat to you and the rest of Europe.

You don't know what you speak about. As far as I can see exists not any problem between Russia and the rest of Europe, which is able to be solved with weapons.

I have walked the streets of your great cities, the narrow streets of you small towns and villages, seen the churches still standing,

What looks like "still standing" are in lots of cases reproductions. You underestimate the destructions of Germany during world war 2 by allied bombers. I wonder what was not burned down in the big cities from "you". And you bombed down churches too without any scruple. For example you had bombed down Monte Cassino with an unbelievable amount of bombs, while only some few monks and refugees were in this monastery.

still to this day pockmarked by the machine gun fire of that last war.

What a nonsense. Very seldom we forgot to eliminate such marks of world war 2.

I walked the grave yards of those that fell, and visited the concentration/extermination camps erected when your people failed to deal with the evil within, allowing it to spill over to effect all mankind. Do not tempt to sound morally superior. It has no sway.

Okay - you did not understand what I said - so I will repeat it: "The USA is still a nation full of racists and violent people. Your lack of control of weapons in the USA is a national disaster. Your violent ways to try to solve real and/or selfmade conflicts with wars is an international disaster. And yes: Your nation murdered in masses people in wars and genocided Red Indians."

And whatever had happened in Germany in history - also this right wing racist attack against innocent people - not justifies the lack of control of war weapons for private use in the USA. The weapon producers and weapon dealers have the profit - and the population of the USA carries the risks.

Last edited:
"What's by the way not really true" Absolutely true, in their essence, without regard to the internal causes, or the mindsets of the masses that allowed it to fester and grow to a devastating malignant force of destruction. The world could be a paradise now - who knows? You have read Kant. You are familiar with the wars and destruction wrought, yet still dabble to in (what if) fantasy? Hitler did also, my friend. Likewise, in my country are those that romanticize our Civil War. To look back, contemplating of what might have been, if success were achieved in a horrific period of history, is to prepare to repeat that history. To my way of thinking, it is quite possibly dangerous and should be left alone. "ideas, which the Nazis used - are not ideas which came in the origin from Germany." Does not matter. They were accepted and acted upon by your fathers or grandfathers, when they should have been rejected or at the very least, restrained. "to protect your country and to control Germany" Protect our country? Absolutely. Control Germany? Only as necessary from outside forces or those lingering that romantically fantasize those "what if" scenarios, as necessary to guard against our having to fight our way back onto your continent to help deal with problems of a country gone rabid from within.
I have red the rest, but will not bother to quote for specific response. I personally think you are too close to your country's history to see it, like not seeing the forest for the trees. I on the other hand am too far too appreciate the trees, only knowing this forest exploded like Kudzu and almost swallowed the earth. Your insights on race and violence in my country are indeed founded, but you, nor your country will not be the one showing us the way through. Good luck to you and yours Herr Zaangalewa

"What's by the way not really true" Absolutely true, in their essence, without regard to the internal causes, or the mindsets of the masses that allowed it to fester and grow to a devastating malignant force of destruction.

It's nonsense what you say. A long time before world war 1 (and with it also world war 2) started the atmosphere of this war was in the air. This "gas" was inflamed from the Serbian assassinators of the Austrian Erzherzog and his wonderful wife. Still today no one knows, who were the heads behind this Serbian murderers. Serbia was not.

The world could be a paradise now - who knows? You have read Kant. You are familiar with the wars and destruction wrought, yet still dabble to in (what if) fantasy? Hitler did also, my friend.

Don't call me friend, idiot.

Likewise, in my country are those that romanticize our Civil War. To look back, contemplating of what might have been, if success were achieved in a horrific period of history, is to prepare to repeat that history. To my way of thinking, it is quite possibly dangerous and should be left alone. "ideas, which the Nazis used - are not ideas which came in the origin from Germany." Does not matter.

Aha.

They were accepted and acted upon by your fathers or grandfathers, when they should have been rejected or at the very least, restrained.

?

"to protect your country and to control Germany" Protect our country? Absolutely. Control Germany? Only as necessary from outside forces or those lingering that romantically fantasize those "what if" scenarios, as necessary to guard against our having to fight our way back onto your continent to help deal with problems of a country gone rabid from within.

?

I have red the rest, but will not bother to quote for specific response. I personally think you are too close to your country's history to see it, like not seeing the forest for the trees. I on the other hand am too far too appreciate the trees, only knowing this forest exploded like Kudzu and almost swallowed the earth. Your insights on race and violence in my country are indeed founded, but you, nor your country will not be the one showing us the way through. Good luck to you and yours Herr Zaangalewa

?

And now everyone knows why one US-American shoots down dozends of US-American visitors of an US-American country music festival, what forces US-Americans in general to sell more and to buy more war weapons for private use in the USA. Once you was a crazy nation - but I fear meanwhile you are a mad nation.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back