Associate Press: Around world, Obama's presidency a disappointment

A great read on the worldwide perceived notion that the Obama Presidency is an EPIC FAILURE. Excerpts:

'In a world weary of war and economic crises, and concerned about global climate change, the consensus is that Obama has not lived up to the lofty expectations that surrounded his 2008 election and Nobel Peace Prize a year later. Many in Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America were also taken aback by his support for gay marriage, a taboo subject among religious conservatives.'

News from The Associated Press

I can see how planet earth is disappointed in Obama .. but I doubt that gay marriage is their biggest disappointment.

His love of war would be the biggest disappointment.

Actually, they are more concerned with global economic issues which seem to go over the head of the liberal messiah. I am not surprised that this basic fact seems to go over yours also.

Again with the messiah bs. The sad fact is that the rightwingers are the only ones expecting obama to perform miracles so it's appropriate that they seem to be the only ones refering to him as a messiah.

The house passes a budget that won't balance the budget until around 2040 but because the buffet rule, which is only one aspect of obama's plans, won't instantly end the deficit the right argues that it won't do anything to solve the problem NOW. LOL

"Having is not so pleasing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Waking up to the reality of a President Romney would be the cold realization that no one really has any idea what is going to happen with him, uncertainty returns stronger than ever.

"Having is not so pleasing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Waking up to the reality of a President Romney would be the cold realization that no one really has any idea what is going to happen with him, uncertainty returns stronger than ever.

Do we ever know what a new President will bring?

I don't think so.

If Bush's administration had ended say six months to a year after 9/11, I'm thinking back to the last time the people of this nation actually seemed to care for each other, "United We Stand" and all that, he would have been one of the greated Presidents this nation had ever had... IF!

Y'all know how I feel about Obama. During his administration my life has taken a desperate nose dive and I can't think of a damned thing good to say about him or his administration or the Congress that gave us Obamacare. But, I have to admit that I didn't hold out any high hopes for him from the get go.

On the other hand, I hated Bill Clinton when he took office... even though I didn't agree with him, I felt at the end of his adminstration, that he wasn't a bad President after all.

Immie

A great read on the worldwide perceived notion that the Obama Presidency is an EPIC FAILURE. Excerpts:

'In a world weary of war and economic crises, and concerned about global climate change, the consensus is that Obama has not lived up to the lofty expectations that surrounded his 2008 election and Nobel Peace Prize a year later. Many in Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America were also taken aback by his support for gay marriage, a taboo subject among religious conservatives.'

A year later? WTF? He was elected in November and hadn't had time to memorize the shortest route from the Oval Office to the President's suite before he was given the NPP in February. That isn't a frigging year later.

Immie

Wrong again, Pub Dupe- he was NOMINATED in Feb, was given it many months later. Change the channel, chump. Your "facts" are ALL Pubcrappe BS.

It shows how insane liberals are when they believe Obamination hasn't gone far enough to the left with his policies.

I guess sending the EPA after US companies wasn't enough.
Shutting down coal plants in the name of "global warming" wasn't enough.
Appointing left-wing judges to the SCOTUS that believe international law is above US laws.
Allowing islamic goons to take over Libya and Egypt.
Standing by and watching the slaughter in Syria.
Wagging the finger at North Korea but promising them more goodies.
Allowing China to steal our information via cyber attacks while violating trade laws too.
Giving the EU more say in international politics.
Kissing the butts of latin America sock puppet leaders.

I don't think so.

If Bush's administration had ended say six months to a year after 9/11, I'm thinking back to the last time the people of this nation actually seemed to care for each other, "United We Stand" and all that, he would have been one of the greated Presidents this nation had ever had... IF!

Y'all know how I feel about Obama. During his administration my life has taken a desperate nose dive and I can't think of a damned thing good to say about him or his administration or the Congress that gave us Obamacare. But, I have to admit that I didn't hold out any high hopes for him from the get go.

On the other hand, I hated Bill Clinton when he took office... even though I didn't agree with him, I felt at the end of his adminstration, that he wasn't a bad President after all.

Immie

Kind of sounds like you take the president's actions personally and link him directly to the economy, it would be nice if things were that simple. Life sucks for practically everyone, of course it started sucking long before anyone ever heard of Obama.

I guess there is more to the story:

But the Democrat still enjoys broad international support. In large part, it's because of unfavorable memories of his Republican predecessor, George W. Bush, and many people would still prefer Obama over his presumptive Republican challenger Mitt Romney.

Immie

I remember (at another forum long ago, in a galaxy far, far, away) enjoying how much the world liked our President, and being told that nobody cares what non-Americans think.

I found that idea rather disturbing. We're not an island.

I can see how planet earth is disappointed in Obama .. but I doubt that gay marriage is their biggest disappointment.

Actually, they are more concerned with global economic issues which seem to go over the head of the liberal messiah. I am not surprised that this basic fact seems to go over yours also.

Again with the messiah bs. The sad fact is that the rightwingers are the only ones expecting obama to perform miracles so it's appropriate that they seem to be the only ones refering to him as a messiah.

The house passes a budget that won't balance the budget until around 2040 but because the buffet rule, which is only one aspect of obama's plans, won't instantly end the deficit the right argues that it won't do anything to solve the problem NOW. LOL

I find it odd since most of the people trumpeting it claim to be Christians. It's practically sacrilegious, from that perspective.

First paragraph, huge error -

...he hasn't kept his promise to close the military prison at Guantanamo Bay...

As long as the pubs stall it in the house, there's nothing he can do. Even if they did send it to him for his sig, he couldn't and everyone knows that.

I guess there is more to the story:

But the Democrat still enjoys broad international support. In large part, it's because of unfavorable memories of his Republican predecessor, George W. Bush, and many people would still prefer Obama over his presumptive Republican challenger Mitt Romney.

Immie

Ain't it the truth.

I would like to see other presidents' record at this point and see if any accomplished anywhere near what he has - while fighting a do-nothing congress actively sabotaging our nation. Every time I ask the rw's to post links to Republican accomplishments, we are all reminded of just how little the right does or has done FOR their own country.

The pubs set out to make him a failure and put the US into a tailspin. In spite of that, the president has done some amazing things AND the US will survive. The traitors on the right have failed but, that doesn't stop their lies.

Nope, it was the left wing and their homage of the O that got him that nickname. The name mocks the fucking fools who actually expected him to be better than the evidence suggested he would be.

And.... it would be great if you didn't make up 'facts'... it tends to make you look stupid.

A year later? WTF? He was elected in November and hadn't had time to memorize the shortest route from the Oval Office to the President's suite before he was given the NPP in February. That isn't a frigging year later.

Immie

Wrong again, Pub Dupe- he was NOMINATED in Feb, was given it many months later. Change the channel, chump. Your "facts" are ALL Pubcrappe BS.

Idiot. He was awarded it in February. The presentation took place later. They don't announce the nominations, in fact, they don't even release the names of who was nominated for 50 years.

Don't be such an idiot... oh, wait, you're a brainless bitch and can't help yourself.

Carry on... dismissed.

Immie

Nope, it was the left wing and their homage of the O that got him that nickname. The name mocks the fucking fools who actually expected him to be better than the evidence suggested he would be.

And.... it would be great if you didn't make up 'facts'... it tends to make you look stupid.

Nope. I have never, ever ever, ever-ever-ever, heard ONE person on the left call him that. You're going to say they alluded to it, and I'll have to disagree. But it's your lot that keeps flinging the name, hoping it will stick.

Speaking of looking stupid, that's what that move does for them.

Yes, to a great extent, we do.

We knew that Bush was a loser. We knew he had never excelled at anything except spending his daddy's money, we knew he had put Texas into the crapper, had buried oil companies at a time when all you had to do was show and you got rich. We knew he was a failure in college and that he was a drunk and druggie. We saw him steal the first election and in spite of it all, people reelected him.

Look what all that foreknowledge got us.
ReaganBushDebt.org

Just more debt and more wars added to what his daddy and Ronnie Ray-Gun had already piled on.

Which is, of course, exactly what Mittens has in mind for us.

I don't think so.

Immie

Kind of sounds like you take the president's actions personally and link him directly to the economy, it would be nice if things were that simple. Life sucks for practically everyone, of course it started sucking long before anyone ever heard of Obama.

Not personally, but I hold him responsible.

There was nothing he himself could have done to prevent or change what happened. However, his actions have hampered the recovery. Giving him four more years will prolong that problem maybe even for the entire four years.

You say, "Life sucks for practically everyone", yet you Dems, have made him out to be the solution. He's done nothing at all to improve the situation and in fact he has made it worse. How long are we supposed to wait? Until hell freezes over?

You guys think spend, spend and spend some more is going to solve the problem. That doesn't help those of use who are excluded from the receivers and that is about in your own terms, 99% of us. Unless, of course, you actually buy into the "Trickle Down Economics" theory, which may by the way work under certain circumstances such as an extremely high tax rate, under which we are not currently suffering.

Continued spending to try and get us out of this mess is an awful plan. We've got to raise taxes and decrease spending or we will end up like Greece. And I'm not talking about raising taxes on the poor. Can't get blood out of a turnip as the saying goes. It has to be the rich and maybe the upper, upper middle class.

Oh and just to be clear... Romney's not the answer. The GOP is a bunch of morons, but then they have the same goals as the DNC... empower the rich.

Immie

Yep.

The rw's thing he should be every where, all the time. Everything that goes on, everything that happens that can be spun negatively is Obama's doing.

Like ... A CNN reporter telling the truth about Ann Romney, soldiers desecrating enemy bodies, Secret Service "screwing" up even though the president wasn't even in the same town at the same time it happened. Yadda yadda yadda - whatever it is, you can bet the rw's will lie about it.

Reason is simple - They don't dare tell the truth about any pub, including and especially their own serial lying candidate!

I find it odd since most of the people trumpeting it claim to be Christians. It's practically sacrilegious, from that perspective.

That is the point. It is sacriligious to us for you to make him out to be some kind of a god. Hell, compare him to Zues and I'm okay with that, but make him out to be the second coming of Christ and I have a problem with that.

Immie

Nope. I have never, ever ever, ever-ever-ever, heard ONE person on the left call him that. You're going to say they alluded to it, and I'll have to disagree. But it's your lot that keeps flinging the name, hoping it will stick.

Speaking of looking stupid, that's what that move does for them.

The idol worship that Paulbots display is light years beyond what your average Obama supporter displays.

That is the point. It is sacriligious to us for you to make him out to be some kind of a god. Hell, compare him to Zues and I'm okay with that, but make him out to be the second coming of Christ and I have a problem with that.

Immie

But I don't.

Immie

Idiot. He was awarded it in February. The presentation took place later. They don't announce the nominations, in fact, they don't even release the names of who was nominated for 50 years.

Don't be such an idiot... oh, wait, you're a brainless bitch and can't help yourself.

Carry on... dismissed.

Immie

The incredible arrogance, the incredible ignorance, the incredible STUPIDTY. They don't call em brainwashed Pub Dupes for nothing! Chamge the channel moron. All your "facts" are Pubcrappe, Hoping for your recovery, asshole.

Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize - CNN
President Obama is the 2009 winner of the Nobel Peace Prize for "extraordinary
efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and ... Timeline: Past laureates ...

Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize - Cached - SimilarTimeline: Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize (washingtonpost.com)
Oct 9, 2009 ... President Obama was awarded the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize for his work to
improve international diplomacy and rid the world of nuclear ...

Error - washingtonpost.com - SimilarPresident Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize
Oct 10, 2009 ... President Obama on Friday won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize, bringing the
relatively novice ... Interactive Timeline: The Politics of the Prize ...

Stupidest voters in the modern world- worst party, the GOP, a disgrace.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Forum List

Back