Assault rifle used in shooting in Port Arthur Australia...the happened now, not in the 90s....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yep.....apparently, they have a little problem with guns in the land where they confiscated guns.

I bring these stories up because the dipstick, anti gunner here in the U.S. portray Australia as a gun control paradise.....they fail to mention that they actually do have gun crime in Australia...and it is going up.....

Man found shot in Port Arthur

Port Arthur Police are investigating a shooting at Dewalt and W. 14th Street. Police got the call at about 10:45 p.m. Thursday. When they arrived on the scene they found a 29-year-old man laying outside a car that was riddled with bullets. The man had a gunshot wound to the leg and was taken to Christus Southeast Texas St. Elizabeth in Beaumont. His injuries are not life-threatening.

Police say they believe the gun used was some sort of an assault rifle. There is no word on any suspects at this time.

Okay.....soooo....please explain how any of the gun confiscation in Australia...or any of their extreme gun control laws kept this shooter from entering a movie theater or their equivalent of an elementary school...and shooting a whole bunch of people...

After all...we were told they can't have mass shootings...though of course they have had several since they confiscated their guns.....

Did the Aussies really turn in their firearms? I know they were supposed to but I've heard it was mostly a publicity stunt and never enforced. :dunno:

Yep.....apparently, they have a little problem with guns in the land where they confiscated guns.

I bring these stories up because the dipstick, anti gunner here in the U.S. portray Australia as a gun control paradise.....they fail to mention that they actually do have gun crime in Australia...and it is going up.....

Man found shot in Port Arthur

Port Arthur Police are investigating a shooting at Dewalt and W. 14th Street. Police got the call at about 10:45 p.m. Thursday. When they arrived on the scene they found a 29-year-old man laying outside a car that was riddled with bullets. The man had a gunshot wound to the leg and was taken to Christus Southeast Texas St. Elizabeth in Beaumont. His injuries are not life-threatening.

Police say they believe the gun used was some sort of an assault rifle. There is no word on any suspects at this time.

Okay.....soooo....please explain how any of the gun confiscation in Australia...or any of their extreme gun control laws kept this shooter from entering a movie theater or their equivalent of an elementary school...and shooting a whole bunch of people...

After all...we were told they can't have mass shootings...though of course they have had several since they confiscated their guns.....
OP got all tingly over this.

OP - So this shooting puts Australia ahead of the US in gun killings?

Please post a comparison of US shootings and Aussie shootings. Thanks.

BTW, one dead man is not a "mass shooting".

(Once again, the OP proves his own words are wrong.)

:dig:

TARDLOGIC™: Gee, someone was murdered. Therefore, laws outlawing murder are useless.

Gun homicide rate in Australia: 0.16 per 100,000

Gun homicide rate in US: 3.43.

21 times higher than Australia!

Next!

TARDLOGIC™: Gee, someone was murdered. Therefore, laws outlawing murder are useless.

Next!

Leftards SEZ?????? ONLY DA' GUBERMINT SHOULD HAVE GUNS SO THEY CAN CONTROL THE SERFS!!!!!!!!!

Next!

Leftards SEZ?????? ONLY DA' GUBERMINT SHOULD HAVE GUNS SO THEY CAN CONTROL THE SERFS!!!!!!!!!
Oh. So you thought a straw man fallacy would just blow me away, eh? BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

It's a fact developed nations which have strict gun control have lower homicide rates. Now...you can deny this reality, or you can look like a jackass.

Your call.

But I suggest that if you don't want to destroy your integrity and therefore not be taken seriously by ANYONE, you go the reality route and try a different tack to convince people why we should not have strict gun control.

When you tards try to make a RARE shooting in Australia look like the Aussies are gunning each other down at the same rate as the US, you aren't achieving what you think you are achieving. You are coming across as full blown retards, and you are PROVING the liberals' point for them.

Last edited:

Next!

The elevation was to high for you to see that one..

Did the Aussies really turn in their firearms? I know they were supposed to but I've heard it was mostly a publicity stunt and never enforced. :dunno:
It happened to some extent but there are now more guns in Oz than there were before the buyback so we can expect these incidents to increase.

Crazy shit....they were sitting ducks for the Japs during WW2 and could be a prize for the Chi-Coms if there's a WW3. An armed population makes an invader think twice. Tojo warned the emperor that "in America there is a gun behind every blade of grass"...they knew invading us would be folly.

Next!

Oh. So you thought a straw man fallacy would just blow me away, eh? BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

It's a fact developed nations which have strict gun control have lower homicide rates. Now...you can deny this reality, or you can look like a jackass.

Your call.

But I suggest that if you don't want to destroy your integrity and therefore not be taken seriously by ANYONE, you go the reality route and try a different tack to convince people why we should not have strict gun control.

When you tards try to make a RARE shooting in Australia look like the Aussies are gunning each other down at the same rate as the US, you aren't achieving what you think you are achieving. You are coming across as full blown retards, and you are PROVING the liberals' point for them.

Except Russia and Mexico......higher gun murder rates........

And what is it with you anti gunner nuts......you still don't understand that the only reason Europe and Australia have had lower gun murder rates is that their criminals don't commit murder at the rate ours do.......Britain confiscated guns...and their gun murder rate stayed the same......

WE have increased our gun ownership and more Americans actually carry guns now and our gun murder rate has gone down......

As you nutters always say when we state that concealed carry lowers the crime rate.....correlation is not causation.....the countries you point out.....have always had lower gun murder rates than us......even when they still allowed normal people to own guns.

And when the criminals in those countries need to kill...they get guns......

I have never said they murder at the same rate we do....you twits say that to cover for the failure of their gun control laws....

I have pointed out that their gun crime rates are increasing...after they banned and confiscated their guns.

You guys are making essentially this comparison.......you would tell us that the Amish have a low gun mirder rate compared to Chicago gang members only because they don't have guns....and completely ignore the values instilled in each community and the social ills in the gang banger community......you could put a gun in every Amish home....and their gun murder rate would stay the same

So your point about the murder rate is stupid......countries that have been homogenous and have a shared culture of respect for authority and the rule of law...which you find in all of those countries...is why their gun murder rate has been low...not access to guns...since their criminals get guns easily...as I post about all the time.....

Now that Europe and Australia have imported violent people from war zones......thy are seeing more gun crime...by immigrant drug gangs...

Next!

Your call.

The fact......as more Americans have one and actually carried guns....our gun murder rate has gone down, not up. That is a fact. The anti gun lie that more guns = more gun murder and crime, is a lie.

And again...you are the ones that are saying I said their gun murder rate was as high as ours......that is a lie......I have never said that...but nice try......

I have said that their gun murder rate has nothing to do with guns.....their criminals get guns...usually fully automatic ones........when they allowed their law abiding people to own guns their gun mirder rates were lower than ours......because of their culture.

What I am saying is hat their gun crime rate is increasing...after their gun confiscation and their extreme gun control.....

Please stop lying about what I am saying...I know...I know...as left wing nuts....lying is all you know and the only way you can debate when the truth, the facts and reality show you are wrong and delusional.......

It happened to some extent but there are now more guns in Oz than there were before the buyback so we can expect these incidents to increase.

Nope...nice try though...the peopl doing the shooting are not la abiding Australians....these are criminals shooting at people...and Muslim terrorists...who got their guns illegally...remember....guns were confiscated and there is extreme gun control in place.......but criminals don't obey gun control

Nice try....you realize that as gun violence increases.....you have to find a way to protect the concept of gun confiscation and extreme gun control laws....

See....Australia has everything you anti-gun nuts want here.....confiscation and punitive, extreme gun control against normal people.....and it isn't working........

Gun crime in Britain went up 4%...and thy are now arming more police..you know...the famous unarmed Bobbies....are now packing heat.....

Australia...is now using terms like. "Increasing gun violence"....and thy don't get to do that...they confiscated their guns and because of that...gun crime doesn't go up...according to your failed belief system.

Nope...nice try though...the peopl doing the shooting are not la abiding Australians....these are criminals shooting at people...and Muslim terrorists...who got their guns illegally...remember....guns were confiscated and there is extreme gun control in place.......but criminals don't obey gun control

Nice try....you realize that as gun violence increases.....you have to find a way to protect the concept of gun confiscation and extreme gun control laws....

See....Australia has everything you anti-gun nuts want here.....confiscation and punitive, extreme gun control against normal people.....and it isn't working........

Gun crime in Britain went up 4%...and thy are now arming more police..you know...the famous unarmed Bobbies....are now packing heat.....

Australia...is now using terms like. "Increasing gun violence"....and thy don't get to do that...they confiscated their guns and because of that...gun crime doesn't go up...according to your failed belief system.
Nope nice try though. More guns = more guns for criminals to get their hands on.

Nope nice try though. More guns = more guns for criminals to get their hands on.

Nope......you can't own guns in Australia.........the guns are illegal guns....

.extreme gun control and confiscation...the wet dreams of anti gunners in this country...are failing in Australia.........

Nice of you to admit it though......

Nope......you can't own guns in Australia.........the guns are illegal guns....

.extreme gun control and confiscation...the wet dreams of anti gunners in this country...are failing in Australia.........

Nice of you to admit it though......
Nope. Actually you can own guns in Australia.

And of course....we prove you wrong....more guns in America....owned and carried by normal, law abiding people.......and our gun mirdered rate and our violent crime rate went down.....that is a fact.......the entire founding principal of the anti gun movement is proven to be wrong.....and a lie.....

Forum List

Back