Assange Faces Charges

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
The government has charged him with 18 counts.

I support a free media and press. However not when they break the law. It's a crime to hack into a computer system.

A regular journalist doesn't break serious laws to get their story.

They published names of people who helped our military in Afghanistan and Iraq. He put people's lives in jeopardy.

A news outlet can report the news in a legal and responsible way without putting innocent lives at risk.

US charges WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange with publishing classified info

I agree, he should be charged.

Till his eyes light up.

I support a free media and press. However not when they break the law. It's a crime to hack into a computer system.

They published names of people who helped our military in Afghanistan and Iraq. He put people's lives in jeopardy.

A news outlet can report the news in a legal and responsible way without putting innocent lives at risk.

He put people's lives in jeopardy.
So when does G.W. go on trial?

As soon as Ears does

Does GW me george bush the second?

Of if it doesn't I don't know who you're posting about.

I do know that I agree with what the government is doing. I don't normally agree with any government prosecuting anyone from a free press.

However this person broke very serious laws and should face justice for it.

A normal journalist doesn't break serious laws to get a story.

I do know that I agree with what the government is doing. I don't normally agree with any government prosecuting anyone from a free press.

G.W. Bush

You don't know anything other than what the government has told you. Assange has not been given a fair trial. And you are perfectly representative of everything that is wrong with American journalism today.

He didn't committed a crime. It is just the Dems had conjured up fake charges against him. The only enemies of Assange is Hillary and her gang of bandits. Asange helped Pres.Trump to win, because he knows that he will do the right thing. He knows that Pres.Trump will not rob from the poor and give it to the rich like Obama's administration was doing. While Pres.Trump is trying to make this country to be livable place again.

raw
th

So people at CNN, MSNBC, Wash Post, NYTimes, Etc should be charged with crimes when they publish leaked information they receive from anonymous sources?

Prosecuting Assange for computer hacking is one thing; however, charging him for publishing classified information (war crimes) under the Espionage Act is something entirely different and unprecedented.

US efforts to jail Assange for espionage are a grave threat to a free media | Alan Rusbridger

"The Espionage Act was a panic measure enacted by Congress to clamp down on dissent or 'sedition' when the US entered the First World War in 1917.

"In the subsequent 102 years it has never been used to prosecute a media organisation for publishing or disseminating unlawfully disclosed classified information.

"Nobody prosecuted under the act is permitted to offer a public interest defence.

"Whatever Assange got up to in 2010-11, it was not espionage.

"Nor is he a US citizen.

"The criminal acts this Australian maverick allegedly committed all happened outside the US.

"As Joel Simon, director of the Committee to Protect Journalists, has observed: 'Under this rubric, anyone anywhere in the world who publishes information that the US government deems to be classified could be prosecuted for espionage.'"

Assange is being indicted as a terrorist. FYI

The statute of limitations ran out for the crimes they initially charged him with. The only way the government could get an indictment is by classifying him a terrorist.

The Trump administration is out of control. Will the Democrats wake up and put their personal feelings about Assange aside?

Breaking Down the Hacking Case Against Julian Assange

Ekeland also points out that to expand the statute of limitations for the CFAA from the normal five years to the necessary eight in this case, given the indictment's date of March 2018, the Justice Department is charging Assange under a statute that labels his alleged hacking an "act of terrorism." He sees that as another suspect element of the case, if not one that would necessarily hinder prosecution. "To get the benefit of the eight years, they’re trying to call this a terrorist act," Ekeland says. "That seems a little weird."

Forum List

Back