Assad Regime in League with al-Qaeda

aris2chat

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2012
I don't understand why this should surprise anyone. It is an old strategy of his father's, right out of daddy's game book.

Is the Assad Regime in League with al-Qaeda?

Opposition groups and their Western backers say that despite claims to be fighting terrorism, Bashar Assad is colluding with extremists
By Aryn Baker / Beirut @arynebakerJan. 27, 20142 Comments
File photo of mural of Syria's President Assad riddled with holes on the facade of the police academy in Aleppo after it was captured by Free Syrian Army fighters
Reuters

A mural of President Assad riddled with holes on the facade of the police academy in Aleppo in 2013.

For months, anti-regime activist claims that the Syrian government has cultivated a beneficial relationship with al-Qaeda groups in order to undermine the opposition have fallen on deaf ears. After all, the idea that Syrian President Bashar Assad, who has staked his leadership platform on a campaign against “terrorists”—his term for all anti-government fighters and supporters—would engage with the most radical of all rebel groups, reeks of conspiracy theories. Yet an emerging consensus among analysts and Western diplomats reveals that there might be some truth to the accusations after all. The opposition is now hoping that a shift in the current Syria narrative—which pits the regime against dangerous Islamist extremists—may help spur an international push to remove Assad from power, according to Rami Jarrah, a well-regarded Syrian anti-regime activist who is currently in Geneva on the sidelines of the talks.

Strange, since the rebels trying to overthrow him are almost entirely made up of al-Qaeda forces.

Strange, since the rebels trying to overthrow him are almost entirely made up of al-Qaeda forces.

People trying to over throw Assad are syrians. There are however 1000 differing militias most made up of over 30,000 foreigners from around the world, most brought in to fight the FSA and cause havoc so Assad can retain power.

People trying to over throw Assad are syrians. There are however 1000 differing militias most made up of over 30,000 foreigners from around the world, most brought in to fight the FSA and cause havoc so Assad can retain power.

There are actually 2 rival militias fighting against Assad.

There are actually 2 rival militias fighting against Assad.

Over 1,000 Militias Make Syria "Like L.A. Riots Gone Berserk" | KGOU

Should the US Intervene in Syria?

Yeah, except you've got it completely backwards. The foreign jihadist groups are actually the ones making up the base of the rebels who want to overthrow Assad and establish a more fundamentalist government. The Syrian people are mostly behind Assad, which is why he's still in power, because of the extremism of the foreign "rebels."

Even though Assad is a war criminal but he is way better than Islamist, that being said I had never met a Syrian Islamist. So maybe it is a good thing that everyone should back down specially US - RUSSIA and let those Islamist finish each other.

Even though Assad is a war criminal but he is way better than Islamist, that being said I had never met a Syrian Islamist. So maybe it is a good thing that everyone should back down specially US - RUSSIA and let those Islamist finish each other.

I'm not saying that the U.S or any foreign country should intervene, but understand that letting them finish each other off means a lot more innocent women and children getting maimed and killed

I'm not saying that the U.S or any foreign country should intervene, but understand that letting them finish each other off means a lot more innocent women and children getting maimed and killed

Amnesty: Assad using starvation as a war tactic | Al Bawaba

innocent women and children getting maimed and killed

The Assad regime started all this mess, he killed 100k+ from the Syrian people before those fanatics came to Syria, and no one had the guts to stop him, so I am saying since the fight now is mostly between the religious fanatics from both sides Sunnis and Shiites let them finish each other. The same story happened in Afghanistan in the 80's.
humanity failed in Syria, And I feel sorry for all the victims.

Forum List

Back