aspirin, acetaminophen and nsaids: which works best for you?

When I have a chronic headache, the OTC pain reliever that works best for me is:

• Aspirin (I.e. Anacin, BC Powder, Goody's Powder).

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Acetaminophen (i.e. Tylenol).

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • an NSAID (i.e. Motrin, Aleve, Toradol, Orudis, Indocin}.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hydrocodone...works best for myself...

Doesn't faze Amoxicillan/Tradjenta/osteopenia pain much; I'm adding aspirin. Didn't hurt at all from 12:45 until....I got back from Court, then WHAMMMMMMMMMM. Mine is bone pain, I do not get bad headaches, aspirin alone handles them.

I use three ibuprofen for headaches, but Celebrex which is an NSAID, is the best thing I have ever taken for back pain. Better than hydros etc..

Doesn't faze Amoxicillan/Tradjenta/osteopenia pain much; I'm adding aspirin. Didn't hurt at all from 12:45 until....I got back from Court, then WHAMMMMMMMMMM. Mine is bone pain, I do not get bad headaches, aspirin alone handles them.

What kind of bone pain?

Osteopenia, (genetic, I am small boned, and slim. Plus servere dehydration caused by a diuretic, for hearing loss, 15 years ago) Amoxicillan, and Tradjenta. Both list pain as a side effect.

What kind of bone pain?

Osteopenia, (genetic, I am small boned, and slim. Plus servere dehydration caused by a diuretic, for hearing loss, 15 years ago) Amoxicillan, and Tradjenta. Both list pain as a side effect.

Ah! I had AVN (Avascular necrosis, also known as osteonecrosis, bone necrosis) which has left me with inflamed muscle tissue that will probably be there for the rest of my life even though the actual bone itself was replaced. I try to walk off the pain rather than use pain killers.

What kind of bone pain?

Ah! I had AVN (Avascular necrosis, also known as osteonecrosis, bone necrosis) which has left me with inflamed muscle tissue that will probably be there for the rest of my life even though the actual bone itself was replaced. I try to walk off the pain rather than use pain killers.

Exercise causes pain, but will eventually lower it, I am told. Tradjenta was only approved by the FDA in July, I was informed, for Type II diabetes. The pain has multiplied since I began this 16 days ago, I hope it wears off. Amoxicillan always causes me joint pain, but I sliced my toe cutting my toenails a few days ago. I hope no more antibiotics in seven days. I use aspirin, and as little hydrocone as I can, do NOT take before work, only at night when the pain is bad. Hyponatremia 15 years ago created a few lasting "irritations".

(I weighed 109 I believe when diagnosed with Type II, am 5'1", NEVER obese, or more than 7 lbs over optimal weight in my LIFE. My mother was a skinny Type I, nothing could have prevented it.)

When you have a headache?

Really for those of us who sometimes drink way too much, this thread. But I encourage everyone to give us his/ her two cents. :thup:

If headaches are symptoms of hangovers here's an idea, don't drink so much. I don't effectively drink at all. Strawberry dacquiri once every couple months or so at Mom's for dinner if my sister-in-law offers to make them, but I don't keep anything at home like. Body does not require it. And if your headache's the result of a hangover, I'd try drinking a glass of water first. Hangover sickness is caused by being dehydrated. Before resorting to chemicals try the natural stuff first.

Alcohol's a drug, and compared to cannabis and even heroin responsible for far more deaths and negative consequences. Before regarding alcohol as perfectly acceptable, if you don't feel that was about injecting heroin too, might wanna do some reading.

Rarely if ever have a hangover even though I still drink occasionally. The secret lies in hydration. For each shot of tequila I will drink a glass of water. If I have had a few too many I will take a shower before I go to bed. Stick to that regime and I don't have a hangover.

I suffer from brutal migraines so I use Excedrin migraine and wash them down with a Coke and then go and lie down. Usually have to sleep them off. Feel groggy afterwards but that works.

For normal aches and pains I use OTC Ibuprofin. If the pain is severe I will double the dosage because I am 6' 3" and the recommended dosage is "safe" for someone who is only 5' 0".

Hydration is key! :thup:

Fioricet - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Is migraine management for me.

Does it allow you to take the pills and continue with your day or do you have to go and rest and allow the Fioricet to do it's magic?

I can function fine with Fioricet. It's a preventative med for me.

Fioricet can also contain codeine but I don't take that one.

Since I quit smoking, I rarely get headaches anymore. If I do though, I will take Ibuprofen even though I'm not supposed to take anything due to having cirrhosis of the liver. But again, it's very rare that I need take it.

Forum List

Back