Ask A Prepper...

I'm a prepper, one never knows about the weather or loss of electricity or an emergency. I am good for about 2 months, I stock up when sales are on for whatever I use often. I save money and I'm always prepared.
I think most people have a little prepper in them. I have a generator if the electricity goes out, a portable air conditioners, and the same as you about 2 months worth of food.

I could last holed up for about three years.

Realistically, I think that's not likely necessary, though. The city folk will thin out in about six months, tops. Once they're swept up and everything is hosed off things oughtta smooth out quite a bit.

Last edited:
While we’re all aware of the current inconveniences imposed upon us by the Wuhan virus; many of you may be unaware of what to do, to alleviate the stresses caused by this panic.
So if you find yourself in the category of being unprepared, those of us who are prepared may be able to answer some questions you may have. And once this blows over you may be able to use what you have learned from this experience, to avoid these hardships the next time around.
So... Ask a prepper.

If I knew the dollar was getting ready to crash, which would affect the entire global economy, would I wanna think of a way to simulate a drill in order to prepare for it? Assuming I was a government. In other words, would I wanna get the drones used to seeing national guard in the streets? Would I wanna set up 'containment zones'? Would I wanna see how people would respond to being told they were banned from mass assembly? Would I wanna learn how they'd respond to not having products and services they need/use? Would I wanna run drills to see if they'd all show up right where I wanted them to show up in one big line? Would I wanna close everything down to see how they'd respond?

While we’re all aware of the current inconveniences imposed upon us by the Wuhan virus; many of you may be unaware of what to do, to alleviate the stresses caused by this panic.
So if you find yourself in the category of being unprepared, those of us who are prepared may be able to answer some questions you may have. And once this blows over you may be able to use what you have learned from this experience, to avoid these hardships the next time around.
So... Ask a prepper.

If I knew the dollar was getting ready to crash, which would affect the entire global economy, would I wanna think of a way to simulate a drill in order to prepare for it? Assuming I was a government. In other words, would I wanna get the drones used to seeing national guard in the streets? Would I wanna set up 'containment zones'? Would I wanna see how people would respond to being told they were banned from mass assembly? Would I wanna learn how they'd respond to not having products and services they need/use? Would I wanna run drills to see if they'd all show up right where I wanted them to show up in one big line? Would I wanna close everything down to see how they'd respond?
Yes.

At last "Preppers" might get to eat those old expired MRE's as they hunker down in their bunkers and pat themselves on the back while the rest of us continue to shop at Walmart.

a smart prepper doesnt waste his time with MREs or bunkers,,,
and we fell sorry for those trying to shop at walmart while the shelves are empty,,,

better to think ahead and not be a burden later

So on Tuesday, would all the store shelves in the city are restocked, should I go get a pallet of toilet paper or just wait until Thursday for the next re-stocking?
If every employee in America refuses to show up for work because they are totally panicked by democrats and the liberal news media who will make and deliver TP to the stores?

and who will collect the money at the checkout stand?

So on Tuesday, would all the store shelves in the city are restocked, should I go get a pallet of toilet paper or just wait until Thursday for the next re-stocking?
If every employee in America refuses to show up for work because they are totally panicked by democrats and the liberal news media who will make and deliver TP to the stores?

Every employee isn't going to stay home.

Yesterday, I had a guy come over to bid on some work. I asked him what he thought of the Coronavirus. He said it was a liberal media plot. So that guy's going to continue going to work.

Yesterday, I had a guy come over to bid on some work. I asked him what he thought of the Coronavirus. He said it was a liberal media plot. So that guy's going to continue going to work.
If the liberal news media has its way everyone will stay home

the guy you talked has bills to pay and cant sit at home waiting for a handout from nancy pelosi

The creepy thing about extreme preppers is that the good times don't interest them. They live for this kind of stuff.
While no one but you can know, what you consider to be "extreme" within the context of prepping...Preppers dont "live for this kind of stuff". Rather they live a lifestyle that increases their odds of survival in the face of this kind of stuff

The creepy thing about extreme preppers is that the good times don't interest them. They live for this kind of stuff.

When you are watching those videos on YouTube, where the people hurt themselves being drunk, or stupid, do you laugh? I know I do, even though I know what is going to happen, often I laugh. Of course, that is why we watch those videos isn’t it?

Preppers aren’t looking forward to this stuff. Lord knows I have no joy in pulling trees off of the damned road after a hurricane. Pulling them off of my house is even less fun. But that isn’t why you prep. You prep because you don’t want to be helpless and hopeless and left out during the panic.

You prep because you are realistic. In California, the big worry is what? Wildfires, and Earthquakes. If you live in California you should be prepared for Earthquakes. A little food, some water, some batteries, a flashlight. That sort of thing. What does the California Emergency Management Agency say you should have?

Prepare an Emergency Supply Kit

Do you think that the people in California are sitting around dreaming of the day they get to break out their kit knowing that people are dying, and everything they own might be lost? Are the majority Liberals in California so sadistic?

Yet, you accuse Preppers of that. Why? We know a Hurricane can come ashore close enough to cause problems. We know that there can be any number of events that cause a shortage of public services. We don’t want it, we hope it never happens, but we know it can and probably will eventually happen. No Hurricane ashore near me this year? Good. Keep the stuff around for another year, we might not get lucky next time.

Preppers are not sitting around fondling themselves as you might imagine them. We are just people who take a realistic look at the world, and know the future is uncertain. We laugh, we joke, we post online, we talk to our friends and neighbors. I just got back from helping out a neighbor.

We don’t dream of it, we dread it. But we refuse to bury our heads in the sand and pretend that everything is going to be wonderful every day. We know that Hurricanes come, I keep mentioning those, because in Georgia, that is our biggest threat. Hurricane and possibly a Tornado, but those are more rare.

Here is the Georgia Emergency Management list of things you should have for a Hurricane. Ready Kit Checklist

If you check them, you’ll find that California and Georgia have the same sort of things on the list. Food, Water, First Aid, Flashlight and batteries. Wow, how insane are those people thinking they need first aid and flashlights and food and water?

Now, these are two Government Organizations that are separated by thousands of miles, and a much larger political gulf, and they are both advising you to do pretty much the same thing.

Why is that insane? Why is it that you imagine that people who do what common sense, and Government’s advise are hoping and wishing for that bad thing to happen? I would be thrilled if no Hurricanes come close to me this year. I expect that at least one will come ashore and affect us, I hope that it is only one, and not multiples. I have no idea how I would fare if I was in Florida and storm after storm stomped across the state. I would probably sit down and have a couple stiff drinks after number three as I wondered about number four coming after us. Then I would check my supplies and wonder what I could get to replace and replenish what I had used.

If staying alive is the goal, then why denigrate those who are being responsible about their own lives? That makes no sense. Do you also sneer at the poor kid who goes to school and gets a college degree and then becomes a Doctor? Do you sneer at the kids at the Special Olympics who are striving to be more than they are? Or do you just sneer at people who buy and store a little extra food and water?

When you are watching those videos on YouTube, where the people hurt themselves being drunk, or stupid, do you laugh? I know I do, even though I know what is going to happen, often I laugh. Of course, that is why we watch those videos isn’t it?

Preppers aren’t looking forward to this stuff. Lord knows I have no joy in pulling trees off of the damned road after a hurricane. Pulling them off of my house is even less fun. But that isn’t why you prep. You prep because you don’t want to be helpless and hopeless and left out during the panic.

You prep because you are realistic. In California, the big worry is what? Wildfires, and Earthquakes. If you live in California you should be prepared for Earthquakes. A little food, some water, some batteries, a flashlight. That sort of thing. What does the California Emergency Management Agency say you should have?

Prepare an Emergency Supply Kit

Do you think that the people in California are sitting around dreaming of the day they get to break out their kit knowing that people are dying, and everything they own might be lost? Are the majority Liberals in California so sadistic?

Yet, you accuse Preppers of that. Why? We know a Hurricane can come ashore close enough to cause problems. We know that there can be any number of events that cause a shortage of public services. We don’t want it, we hope it never happens, but we know it can and probably will eventually happen. No Hurricane ashore near me this year? Good. Keep the stuff around for another year, we might not get lucky next time.

Preppers are not sitting around fondling themselves as you might imagine them. We are just people who take a realistic look at the world, and know the future is uncertain. We laugh, we joke, we post online, we talk to our friends and neighbors. I just got back from helping out a neighbor.

We don’t dream of it, we dread it. But we refuse to bury our heads in the sand and pretend that everything is going to be wonderful every day. We know that Hurricanes come, I keep mentioning those, because in Georgia, that is our biggest threat. Hurricane and possibly a Tornado, but those are more rare.

Here is the Georgia Emergency Management list of things you should have for a Hurricane. Ready Kit Checklist

If you check them, you’ll find that California and Georgia have the same sort of things on the list. Food, Water, First Aid, Flashlight and batteries. Wow, how insane are those people thinking they need first aid and flashlights and food and water?

Now, these are two Government Organizations that are separated by thousands of miles, and a much larger political gulf, and they are both advising you to do pretty much the same thing.

Why is that insane? Why is it that you imagine that people who do what common sense, and Government’s advise are hoping and wishing for that bad thing to happen? I would be thrilled if no Hurricanes come close to me this year. I expect that at least one will come ashore and affect us, I hope that it is only one, and not multiples. I have no idea how I would fare if I was in Florida and storm after storm stomped across the state. I would probably sit down and have a couple stiff drinks after number three as I wondered about number four coming after us. Then I would check my supplies and wonder what I could get to replace and replenish what I had used.

If staying alive is the goal, then why denigrate those who are being responsible about their own lives? That makes no sense. Do you also sneer at the poor kid who goes to school and gets a college degree and then becomes a Doctor? Do you sneer at the kids at the Special Olympics who are striving to be more than they are? Or do you just sneer at people who buy and store a little extra food and water?
Well said SavannahMann.

Publix restocks have few days.

The funny thing about all this hoarding is that even though we are almost certainly going to go into a recession, the economy might get a near-term boost because of the panic buying.

True, but it just means that when the initial panic settles down, retail will take a hit when no one needs to buy things they have four months supply on.

No,they will just purchase other items that they have now freed up money for.

Clothes, Furnitue, electronics etc.

I'm a prepper, one never knows about the weather or loss of electricity or an emergency. I am good for about 2 months, I stock up when sales are on for whatever I use often. I save money and I'm always prepared.
My mother and grandmother shopped this way, which also taught me to do the same. (Shop the sales, use a few coupons, and stock up) So not only do I have a full pantry at all times,I also have plenty of soap,toothpaste,shampoo etc. And when things like this happen your not spending hundreds of dollars at one time panic buying TP and hand sanitizer.

Prepping is a good thing, but I agree some of the people you see with videos on YouTube are just greedy and they annoy me with their need to clear shelves of product when their basements are already full of crap.

Last edited:
At last "Preppers" might get to eat those old expired MRE's as they hunker down in their bunkers and pat themselves on the back while the rest of us continue to shop at Walmart.

What are you buying at Walmart?

The Walmart in the little town closest to us is about like Bidens mind... pretty empty.

So... Ask a prepper.
Why are the preppers downplaying the crisis, yet also prepping? Is this way to advance your own position, in hopefully convincing others not to prep and so not make resources scarce for yourselves?

If the liberal news media has its way everyone will stay home

the guy you talked has bills to pay and cant sit at home waiting for a handout from nancy pelosi
Fortunately for me. If push comes to shove my employer has plans for us to work from home. I’m thinking many employers will offer the same if they can.

Forum List

Back