Ask A Prepper...

shopping

a good read for those prepper minded sorts....~S~

So on Tuesday, would all the store shelves in the city are restocked, should I go get a pallet of toilet paper or just wait until Thursday for the next re-stocking?

Figure out how much tp you use in a week and put back enough for a 90 day supply. Then as you buy more do a fifo, first in first out. Buy a new pack, replace it with your oldest one and just keep a 90 day supply on hand. That's three months. To is great to stock up on but it takes up a lot of space and isn't essential to live.

Considering buying a big pack of cheap wash clothes as your backup to your emergency tp. 20 clothes don't take up much space, can wipe your ass and then wash them and use them again and again and again.
I prefer bottles.

Evian bottles are good. I keep 3 cases on hand. Bottles are large, made up sturdy plastic, can be refilled once I drink them.

I also keep a water bob. waterBOB® - Emergency Drinking Water Storage | Keeps Water Fresh and Clean

Collecting rainwater to refill is easy. Put up a tarp with a hole in the center outside and you just put whatever you want under the hole to fill it.

Can boil water to purify it but small amounts of chlorine works, 6 drops of idodine per 1 quart of water shaken for 10 minutes purifies it.

Or having a simple straw means you can suck water off puddles or shallow water without stirring up the muck on the bottom.

Or can have a lifestraw LifeStraw
One of the simplest. # any pasta, bottle catalina dressing. Bit onion doesn't hurt

Pasta isn't bad but it should be to supplement other things since it has no protein or anything in it. It's best as a long term dried additive to fill out other things. Macaroni is the best since a lot fits in a small space and easily added to anything.

I also keep a bin of dried rice and dried kidney beans in a sealed container with a dehumidifier pack inside it. I keep chunky soup cans and I can make 1 can last me a day if I add some rice, macaronic and beans to it to fill out a can into 2 meals. So 1 can of chunky soup, 1 can of vegetables and 1 can of fruit can be enough for a whole day.

If I knew the dollar was getting ready to crash, which would affect the entire global economy, would I wanna think of a way to simulate a drill in order to prepare for it? Assuming I was a government. In other words, would I wanna get the drones used to seeing national guard in the streets? Would I wanna set up 'containment zones'? Would I wanna see how people would respond to being told they were banned from mass assembly? Would I wanna learn how they'd respond to not having products and services they need/use? Would I wanna run drills to see if they'd all show up right where I wanted them to show up in one big line? Would I wanna close everything down to see how they'd respond?
I think they got the answer. The people, the vast majority anyway, will easily and submissively submit.

In an August 2006 interview, Schiff said, "The United States is like the Titanic and I am here with the lifeboat trying to get people to leave the ship.... I see a real financial crisis coming for the United States."[21]
snip
Referring to Ryan's plan to reform Medicare, Schiff said, "Why would we want to preserve it? It's a Ponzi scheme... What we really need is real Medicare cuts today for people who are already on the system."[33]

Schiff's warnings of a coming economic collapse earned him the moniker "Dr. Doom" But he was right in 2009, Obama had to pull of out of the mess Bush left us in.

As a prepper, which brand of toilet paper do you prefer?

Charmin or a generic brand?

Really without it who wants to survive?

Am I right?
I stock up on the lotion infused kind. Will be much gentler on the radiation burns.

In an August 2006 interview, Schiff said, "The United States is like the Titanic and I am here with the lifeboat trying to get people to leave the ship.... I see a real financial crisis coming for the United States."[21]
snip
Referring to Ryan's plan to reform Medicare, Schiff said, "Why would we want to preserve it? It's a Ponzi scheme... What we really need is real Medicare cuts today for people who are already on the system."[33]

Schiff's warnings of a coming economic collapse earned him the moniker "Dr. Doom" But he was right in 2009, Obama had to pull of out of the mess Bush left us in.
Yeah the Great Obama. Lmfao. He took two wars and made it seven. Dropped more bombs than W. Bailed out the crooked banks with American’s money, but kicked 5 million American families out of their homes. Took W’s Patriotic Act renewed it and expanded it. Took W’s tax cuts for the rich and renewed them. Signed off on massive increases in the War Department budget. Took W’s debt and doubled it.

Necro bump for relevance.

Mainly because I see that the newest flavor of useless cheap speak is to say ''but it's global inflation...'' as some sort of grasp at justifying the current state of affairs.

Like it's some kind of unexpected surprise or something that tis would be a global affair. Like "Oh, we didn't see that coming, so everything is okay, pay no attention."

lolol.

It's kind of comparable to purposefully driving ahead when you know there's nails all over the road.

But then you end up broke down with a flat, predictably.

Everybody gets out and says sht...we can't go anywhere. We're stuck. Then they start complaining about all of the other downsides to the conundrum.

But then some stupid asshole, usually the guy who was driving, the dumbass who thought it was a pretty good idea to drive through a road full of nails in the forst place, says "it's okay, everything's alright, don't worry about all the problems this is gonna cause over a flat, after all, don't you see that all four tires are flat? So that makes it all alright!"

That's the mentality we're dealing with here. Seriously.
Indeed.
People can be conditioned to accept anything.
I can't even imagine my 1988 self looking for a job today.
What do you mean there are no sick days?
What do you mean you only match 3% of my 401k?
What do you mean you don't offer pensions?
What do you mean health insurance will cost me 20% of my earnings??

And take that situation and multiply it by 100s of other worsening conditions.

It is on many levels Gip...

We've seen how our own gub'mit comes down on us via 'national emergency' here.....

~S~
Some people did very well during the Great Depression. I suspect they got their money out of the banking system before the crash. However, back then our money was still worth something. Not so much today. So, holding lots of cash isn’t likely a good strategy.

snip

Sifft is a lying pos.

Forum List

Back