Asians eclipsing Latinos in immigration to U.S.

so what are the ways the republican party will choose to make them feel as welcome as all our other immigrants?

you people are soooo good at melting with these populations and its reflected in your voter base.

Hispanics don't assimilate into our culture and don't consider themselves American. By the third generation they aren't American, they have an entirely new culture and consider themselves Chicano. When necessary they say they consider themselves American but they have their own social chicano groupings that they stay in.

My pop was hispanic.

I consider myself an American.

Even with all the racists and bigots around.

Hispanics don't assimilate into our culture and don't consider themselves American. By the third generation they aren't American, they have an entirely new culture and consider themselves Chicano. When necessary they say they consider themselves American but they have their own social chicano groupings that they stay in.

my neighbor hood and city is 60 percent latino.

you are full fo fucking shit.

they range from first generation to people whos families have been in the US LONGER than white people.

they are my neighbors and are 10000 times better than you are

I'm all for increased immigration from Asia and India. Those cultures value family and education.

Illegals from Mexico, Central and South America have, on average, a 4th grade education.

Well the legal immigrants from Asia usually come here with their shit together and a little money in their pockets, the illegals come here with barely anything and like you said very little education.

And contribute nominally, to our tax base, that supports all their needs.

Some do..some don't.

Few years back..my favorite tea house in China town was closed down by immigration agents.

Seems they weren't paying taxes and had nothing but illegals working for them. They also lived there.

Asians eclipsing Latinos in immigration to U.S.: report - chicagotribune.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Asians have surpassed Hispanics as the United States' largest group of new immigrants, according to a report on Tuesday that some experts said reflects decreased demand for migrant labor and highlights the impact of state crackdowns on illegals.

The Pew Research Center found that the number of Asian immigrants grew from 19 percent of all new immigrants in 2000 to 36 percent in 2010. Incoming Hispanic immigrants fell from 59 percent in 2000 to 31 percent.

Up to 11 percent of illegal immigrants in the United States are Asian while about 75 percent are Hispanic, according to the analysis, which combined government data with its own polling.
<more>

I've stated this before, the Left always forgets illegal immigrants are not ONLY Hispanic, yet they disingenuously use Mr. Soetoro's Amnesty policy's (and the Rights disagreement of them) as the Right attacking Hispanics. See "Every damn thread on Immigration on the USMB" for proof of that. It isn't an attack on any specific race, but on those who enter our Nation Illegally and drain OUR resources. The Illegal immigration issue is NOT about racism, it's about keeping America prosperous and securing OUR borders. like EVERY other Nation that isn't a Third World Country does. Hell, cross into Mexico illegally, and you'll rot in jail.

In my neighborhood we are all working class.

my neighbors all work, keep their yards nice, send their kids to school, speak english and spanish and are very nice to each other even us minority "white" folk.

they treat me no differnetly than they do each other.

Racist are racists becasue they are affraid of people who dont look exactly like them

I'm all for increased immigration from Asia and India. Those cultures value family and education.

Illegals from Mexico, Central and South America have, on average, a 4th grade education.

Well the legal immigrants from Asia usually come here with their shit together and a little money in their pockets, the illegals come here with barely anything and like you said very little education.

Dude..seriously..

That's really not the truth.

Many Asians come to the US illegally..and work in sweat shops.

You don't see them.

And some even form some really violent street gangs that make Mexicans ones look like wusses.

I give them this, though, they are much better at keeping that shit quiet.

I'll take your word for it, you are right the Asian illegals are very quiet nobody talks about them.

Dude..seriously..

You don't see them.

And some even form some really violent street gangs that make Mexicans ones look like wusses.

I'll take your word for it, you are right the Asian illegals are very quiet nobody talks about them.

There just aren't as many and those that are here aren't as obnoxious as hispanics. I have yet to see one protest sign saying "This is China". Nor are they demanding to be taught in Mandarin or Cantonese. It's the hispanic kids that squeal at the sight of an American flag, not the Asian kids.

My pop was hispanic.

I consider myself an American.

Even with all the racists and bigots around.

Any American who admires Hugo Chavez and Castro! Don't act to American I bet you would consider yourself Hispanic before American!

Look at the children from the those cultures. A great majority speak English in public, assimulate into our culture, work hard in education and consider themselves Americans.

By the third generation most only speak English and only consider themselves American!

By the 3rd generation most Latino-Americans speak primarily English and only consider themselves American.

Idiots like you rely on gross, sweeping generalizations to take the place of knowing what the fuck you are talking about.

Dude..seriously..

You don't see them.

You should have noted where he used the terms "legal" and "illegal" before replying.

Idiots like you rely on gross, sweeping generalizations to take the place of knowing what the fuck you are talking about.

You can always be depended on to use a personal attack to derail a thread like you have done with Moonglow, Buford, OohPooPahDoo, Skydancer and GHook93.

Is there some reason you can't discuss a topic? Not enough knowledge? Not enough thought? It must be something.

Now will come the famous retalitory attack. After a few pages of your drivel everyone will have lost interest in wading through your muck.

Do you keep score on the topics you've killed?

I'm not playing this time. Go into the corner and mumble to yourself.

Dude..seriously..

You don't see them.

I see them. There are Asians living here for generations that don't speak English.

You can always be depended on to use a personal attack to derail a thread like you have done with Moonglow, Buford, OohPooPahDoo, Skydancer and GHook93.

Is there some reason you can't discuss a topic? Not enough knowledge? Not enough thought? It must be something.

Now will come the famous retalitory attack. After a few pages of your drivel everyone will have lost interest in wading through your muck.

Do you keep score on the topics you've killed?

I'm not playing this time. Go into the corner and mumble to yourself.

Do you think you've successfully distracted from the fact that what you said is nonsense? You haven't. I would say nice try, but it wasn't.

Dude..seriously..

You don't see them.

I see them. There are Asians living here for generations that don't speak English.

No. There are very few of any sort of people "living here for generations that don't speak English."

Look at the children from the those cultures. A great majority speak English in public, assimulate into our culture, work hard in education and consider themselves Americans.

By the third generation most only speak English and only consider themselves American!

By the 3rd generation most Latino-Americans speak primarily English and only consider themselves American.

You have reliable proof to that assertion? I would love to believe it, but I grew up in Chicago, where idiotically promoted English as a second language in public schools. Many of the kids those classes spoke little to no English (many with no desire to learn). You would think they were first generation only, but there were 2nd, 3rd and 4th!!!

We had a ton of Americans of Asian origins also. Most were fluent in English in the 1st generation, 2nd generation most spoke English when out of the home, 3rd generation only knew how to speak English!

Back up that claim with a RELIABLE SOURCE, because I have seen first hand in Chicago (where we have the largest Latino population in the midwest) that 3rd generation is not primarily English at all!

You have reliable proof to that assertion? I would love to believe it, but I grew up in Chicago, where idiotically promoted English as a second language in public schools. Many of the kids those classes spoke little to no English (many with no desire to learn). You would think they were first generation only, but there were 2nd, 3rd and 4th!!!

We had a ton of Americans of Asian origins also. Most were fluent in English in the 1st generation, 2nd generation most spoke English when out of the home, 3rd generation only knew how to speak English!

Back up that claim with a RELIABLE SOURCE, because I have seen first hand in Chicago (where we have the largest Latino population in the midwest) that 3rd generation is not primarily English at all!

Well Asians usually want their kids to go to the top universities, kind of hard to do that if they don't speak English.

English Usage among Hispanics in the United States - Pew Research Center

"Half of the adult children of Latino immigrants speak some Spanish at home. By the third and higher generation, that has fallen to one-in-four."

https://www.gcir.org/immigration/facts/language

"By the third generation, 72 percent of Latinos and 92 percent of Asians speak English only."

You were saying...?

Forum List

Back