As of 05/27/2018, US NK summit still on?

So, someone else has noticed this news. I was wondering if it was a dream or something.
Meeting has always been what I wanted to see; don't know about "leftists" or others. As with anyone rational, I have no idea what will result, if it is some elaborate trick or stratagem, etc. Having some assurance of peace in that area after all this time, my whole life, would be great.
Driven by his narcissistic need for attention, Trump is willing to meet with a brutal despot who murders his own people in a pathetic effort to realize a ‘win.’

Kim is seeking to make his country and his dictatorship ‘legitimate’ by having an American president meet with him, although Kim has no intent to ‘denuclearize,’ meeting with Trump in bad faith.

And Trump is too stupid and blinded by his own arrogance to understand he’s being played, that nothing of substance will come of the meeting.
Possibly, but in the case that North Korea opened at all, the population there would immediately benefit, and very quickly things would liberalize (please, let's not take that term wrong here!). Big surprises have happened in our times. Who would have thought the U.S.S.R. would go out without a battle?

Reflexive anti-Trump dictates that we must be opposed to the summit? Being for it makes us "pro-Trump"?
No! Some of us are merely for peace, and negotiating with the North could yield that.
I can't stand Trump, but if he brings this off, more power to him.

It still looks as if the meeting is 'on'. Let's hope our fearless leader doesn't flip again.

South and North Korea are holding easily arranged meetings and calling on the U.S. to maintain the scheduled summit. This very positive situation should be enthusiastically followed up by Washington.

No! Some of us are merely for peace, and negotiating with the North could yield that.
Un and Moon may bring this off, whatever 'this' is. Trump's part is to be given all the credit. The Koreans understand these matters.

Un and Moon may bring this off, whatever 'this' is. Trump's part is to be given all the credit. The Koreans understand these matters.
Naturally, they have the greatest interest. There are so many ways that others, outsiders could view this, positively and negatively.
For example, it seems to be commonly held that China would not like a unified, peaceful Korea. It is possible, however, that they see the advantages of having a prospering neighbor, just as Canada is to the U.S. Mutually beneficial exchange is as likely as animosity. Really, China is so immense that it could hardly have much to fear from this Asian landmass appendage.

I said this twice now since last week: there will be a deal with NK, Trump will win, America will win, this is what's called "dealing". Trump is a master at wheeling and dealing. The previous administration thought dealing was to give away the farm.

The only possible "win" will be a win-win. America will not win alone.

Trump has just tweeted that a strong team has been put together for the meeting. It is looking better, but, admittedly, the situation is fragile, I think.

I said this twice now since last week: there will be a deal with NK, Trump will win, America will win, this is what's called "dealing". Trump is a master at wheeling and dealing. The previous administration thought dealing was to give away the farm.
Care to say what winning looks like? NK retaining its nukes?

Forum List

Back