As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

This maybe nothing but then again

Aurora is on Denver's east side and is Colorado's third-largest city with 327,000 residents. It is home to a large Defense Department satellite intelligence operation at Buckley Air Force Base, as well as The Children's Hospital, the University of Colorado Hospital and a future Veterans Affairs hospital.

Police: 14 dead in Colorado theater shooting - WSET.com - ABC13

Treaties have the force of law.

Hardly. Anything mentioned in the treaty would have to be backed up by a US law to be enforced.

It becomes law when the president through executive orders implements it. The Senate has to take it up and as long as the Dems control the Senate they can refuse to take it up and put to a vote, so it becomes law superseding the 2nd Amendment.

Bullshit

snopes.com: Small Arms Treaty

Congressman Ed Perlmutter

^He just brought up "easy access to guns"...

What a Fuckstain. :thup:

:)

peace...

Democrat of course.

Doesn't even wait for all of the evidence to be collected before he starts harping about guns.

BTW, how can Democrats strengthen the middle-class? How do they go about doing that? Do they simply give them words of encouragement? Do they promise them entitlements? How exactly will the left strengthen the Middle-class when they've been undermining it since 2007?

Fox reports the suspect is a white male; neither McVeigh, nor Rollings, used guns, of course, nor the 9/11 killers.

Everyone is considered white by the media whether they're Arab, Latino, or other if they'er not black.

Perthaps this wouldn't be as much of a story if the perp had been black.

It's always nice to wake up and find that you and your Friends and Family are going to spend today finding out if any of the Victims are related to you in anyway...

My Best Friend was @ another Theater in Aurora when this happened...

Half the people I know were planning on going to this Movie last night...

Hell it was a Party Night for many of them... Took today off for it.

My State needed more Shit on it's Plate. :(

I'm headin' to the Hills this Weekend and turning everything off. :thup:

peace...

I hope your friends and relatives are OK.

but the idea that it can't happen because of some law is - well, really stupid.

But a law can negate or lessen such an instance....

No it can't.

And for that matter: laws made in the wake of tragedies like this - allegedly to prevent them from happening again - are almost invariable the triumph of short-sighted emo-politics and cowardice over clear-headed public policy.

It's always nice to wake up and find that you and your Friends and Family are going to spend today finding out if any of the Victims are related to you in anyway...

My Best Friend was @ another Theater in Aurora when this happened...

Half the people I know were planning on going to this Movie last night...

Hell it was a Party Night for many of them... Took today off for it.

My State needed more Shit on it's Plate. :(

I'm headin' to the Hills this Weekend and turning everything off. :thup:

peace...

I hope your friends and relatives are OK.

Thank you... We are all ( )uge Batman fans... I think I saw the original back in '89 4 times in the Theater with varying groups of people...

A buddy of mine called his Dad's Warehouse the Bat Cave and we had many a Party there...

He even Painted his Classic Convertable to look like the Batmobile...

We called him "The Batman" all of the time...

We were recently at an Event around a Suicide of a High School Friend and 20 years later it was "What's up Batman?"...

He hasn't Chimed in on Facebook yet...

I may Text him.

:(

peace...

George was hardly a tyrant Big Reb. It's not as if all men and woman couldvote when you gained independence or that slavery was consigned to the dustbin of history. Pretty sure the slaves thought they were under a tyrannical yoke until 1865, too...

:eusa_whistle: George was hardly a tyrant :eusa_whistle:
That is all

Read up on the guy. Sure he was a king, but he was actually quite enlightened for his times.

He was also mad (clinically so).

This is true. We hear about gun violence once a month, if we are lucky. Sometimes there is a spate of drive by shootings, very rarely is someone harmed or killed, though.

260 homicides in Australia in 2010 apparently.

In Baltimore that's an average year! Puts the lie to the story that there's been a spike in crime in Australia. BTW, I always hear that, but no one ever produces a cite beyond someone on some board or blog! Anyone..., anyone? :eusa_whistle:

I didn't see anybody claim that crime in Australia spiked. Some people did claim that their new gun law prevented guns from being used in killings and this disproves it.

Its time the media closely examine gun bans, right wing extremism, anti-govt sentiment , racism and christian militias....................

LOL

Would this have happened if guns were banned in the US?

Are you brain dead? How many people were killed with guns in DC before the gun ban was lifted?

Australia banned the sale of guns after the Port Arthur massacre. Since then, we have no more mass shootings. Yet America suffers a mass shooting every week, it would appear - why is that?
"mass shooting every week"? :wtf:

Are you brain dead? How many people were killed with guns in DC before the gun ban was lifted?

Australia banned the sale of guns after the Port Arthur massacre. Since then, we have no more mass shootings. Yet America suffers a mass shooting every week, it would appear - why is that?
"mass shooting every week"? :wtf:

What's a bit of hyperbole to people talking about stuff they haven't even spent one minute thinking about?

What does it take for the Right to champion more guns on the streets? Why a mass shooting seems to fit the bill! It seems Rahm Emanuel isn't the only one who feels that you should never let a crisis go to waste.

A psychopath kills a dozen people in a movie theater and the Right Wing calls for guns to be carried by everybody. Now that's the kind of logic that attracts thoughtful folks to a cause. It's every bit as effective as watching the wealthy amass the majority of all wealth and then lobby Congress to make that process go faster and easier for them.

Ah, Conservatism! It's all about throwing gasoline on a fire.

260 homicides in Australia in 2010 apparently.

In Baltimore that's an average year! Puts the lie to the story that there's been a spike in crime in Australia. BTW, I always hear that, but no one ever produces a cite beyond someone on some board or blog! Anyone..., anyone? :eusa_whistle:

I didn't see anybody claim that crime in Australia spiked. Some people did claim that their new gun law prevented guns from being used in killings and this disproves it.

Gun advocates have been saying it for years. I don't see any proof that it hasn't worked. Once again, as I said, assertions without any concrete proof.

Forum List

Back