As elites arrive in Davos, conspiracy theories thrive online

Dunno about dissonance..i can speak to the intellectual dishonesty of taking two quotes out of context and building a case...LOL!

Uh..yeah..the rich are getting richer..color me surprised? However, if your contention is that the pandemic was a deliberate state of affairs brought on with intent--to swoop up more money and influence---I don't think so.

So often, I read posts here..and I'm reminded of that story, "Who'll Bell the Cat?"

Which is to say, WTF are YOU going to do about it? It seems odd to me...that, in essence, you are railing against the inevitable results of Capitalism.
The entire system is designed to effect an outcome exactly like the WEF... a few uber-rich elites..playing at running things. I wonder..is that the problem you see..or is the problem really what they seem to be concerned with? Serious question.
Since if you're of the "eat the rich" faction..you're on the wrong board? LOL!

Solutions for Resisting Technocracy​

Interview 1576 - James Corbett on Solutions for Resisting Technocracy

Corbett • 09/14/2020 • 28 Comments
James Corbett joins Vinny Eastwood of The Vinny Eastwood Show to discuss solutions for an increasingly technocratic world. From acts of resistance like culture jamming to building alternative currencies and self-sustaining communities in the peer-to-peer economy, don't miss this important discussion of what people can do to take their lives back into their own hands.

.i can speak to the intellectual dishonesty of taking two quotes out of context and building a case...LOL!

You think taking two quotes, "out of context," for building a case is intellectually dishonest, but summarily dismissing my whole post by writing. . . "Or...to be succinct--you're wrong~" IS NOT?

I had half a mind, to not just ignore your tantrum and mental break down right off, be lucky I am still engaging with you after that unsupported garbage.

Right out of that Marxist tome ‘Rules For Radicals.’
Too funny. I suspect I've forgotten more about Marxism then you've ever known..but who cares? I'm a Capitalist...just an ethical one--who believes that truncating the Capitalist pyramid makes good sense. The fatal flaw in Capitalism has always been the inevitable accumulation of wealth at the top. Hence, WEC, right? You're against it..so, it would appear that the only solution is to limit the accumulation of wealth? Yet, is that not against everything you believe in?

Seems a paradox...good luck with that. I accept the WEC because I know that it..or something like it..is inevitable. One can but hope that they use their power ..the power that the Capitalist system has garnered them..wisely.

All the things i mentioned lead to individual freedom. Just not freedom to starve..or freedom to take low-waged jobs..or freedom to die young for lack of medical care.
‘The greatest good for the greatest number’ is individual freedom not government owing anyone.

‘The greatest good for the greatest number’ is individual freedom not government owing anyone.
There are a few things wrong with what you say, but I'll just address one.
There is no way that 'individual freedom' and the greatest good for the greatest number can be the same thing with the population base that we have.

Humans are almost inevitably stupid in how they exercise their right to individual freedom in a high population density situation.
Every Libertarian/Anarchist wet dream starts with a massive die-off.

Too funny. I suspect I've forgotten more about Marxism then you've ever known..but who cares? I'm a Capitalist...just an ethical one--who believes that truncating the Capitalist pyramid makes good sense. The fatal flaw in Capitalism has always been the inevitable accumulation of wealth at the top. Hence, WEC, right? You're against it..so, it would appear that the only solution is to limit the accumulation of wealth? Yet, is that not against everything you believe in?

Seems a paradox...good luck with that. I accept the WEC because I know that it..or something like it..is inevitable. One can but hope that they use their power ..the power that the Capitalist system has garnered them..wisely.
Truncating the so called ‘capitalistic pyramid’ is a lie built on a Marxist lie. America and the West have become the most abundant places affording everyone a better life because of capitalism and individual freedom.

You are horribly misled or lying.
He sees himself as being a subject, not a citizen, and so sees himself as working for the aristocrats.

This general sense that is now so prevalent in the conformist left also explains why they are not the least bit worried about the erosion of American sovereignty. Their loyalty to the elites supersedes any duty they would feel as a citizen since they see governance in maternal terms. All power flowing down from the top comforts them and nurtures them while relieving them of any responsibility for ruling themselves.

You think taking two quotes, "out of context," for building a case is intellectually dishonest, but summarily dismissing my whole post by writing. . . "Or...to be succinct--you're wrong~" IS NOT?

I had half a mind, to not just ignore your tantrum and mental break down right off, be lucky I am still engaging with you after that unsupported garbage.
Interesting:

Or...to be succinct--you're wrong~

There is that, ya know.
I tend to believe that, in this country, the bulk of resistance to the WEF is rooted in American Exceptionalism---and resistance to Global solutions to Global issues..that may NOT wholly benefit the USA. In much of the world...things can only get better. From their perspective, America is fat, and needs trimming. Of course, if you're American, you might not be in favor, I get that.
No, I do not believe that the 'Global elites' have had their collective hands on the steering wheel..for decades, if not centuries. I do believe that they'd like to think so. But too often, shit happens that takes everyone by surprise..and the WEC..like everyone else, finds itself reactive...not proactive.

Regardless, this thread was about the conflation of Conspiracy Theories and the WEC--you are, in fact, the only one who actually addressed that--kudos~

Like it..or not. Power calls to power--and these folks have power...you no like? Me either--but the system we live under makes something like the WEC inevitable.
Do they care about the opinions of the masses? They do not.

Indeed, why should they?
Above is my post..seems to be a few more words involved than just the first sentence? By what metric do you call this a 'summary dismissal'?

You seem to be intelligent..why is it that you choose not to take my post in its entirety? I can only conclude that you just don't have the chops to actually debate cogently.

BTW..my world does not really depend on your engaging me or not..do feel free to act accordingly~

There are a few things wrong with what you say, but I'll just address one.
There is no way that 'individual freedom' and the greatest good for the greatest number can be the same thing with the population base that we have.

Humans are almost inevitably stupid in how they exercise their right to individual freedom in a high population density situation.
Every Libertarian/Anarchist wet dream starts with a massive die-off.
Calling others who you do not know ‘inevitably stupid’ is pretty appalling, smug, intolerant and narcissistic.

This amuses. Looks like this meeting is a magnet for Conspiracy theories..wonder why? Rhetorical question, of course. I bet more than a few of the whackadoodles here buy right into all of this--seamlessly meld it into the Q-world--and think they have the inside track..as to how the world really works.
Nevermind that they're all bat-shit crazy~

When some of the world’s wealthiest and most influential figures gathered at the World Economic Forum’s annual meeting last year, sessions on climate change drew high-level discussions on topics such as carbon financing and sustainable food systems.
But an entirely different narrative played out on the internet, where social media users claimed leaders wanted to force the population to eat insects instead of meat in the name of saving the environment.
The annual event in the Swiss ski resort town of Davos, which opens Monday, has increasingly become a target of bizarre claims from a growing chorus of commentators who believe the forum involves a group of elites manipulating global events for their own benefit. Experts say what was once a conspiracy theory found in the internet’s underbelly has now hit the mainstream.
“This isn’t a conspiracy that is playing out on the extreme fringes,” said Alex Friedfeld, a researcher with the Anti-Defamation League who studies anti-government extremism. “We’re seeing it on mainstream social media platforms being shared by regular Americans. We were seeing it being spread by mainstream media figures right on their prime time news, on their nightly networks.”
Theories about influential global leaders are not new, she said, but scrutiny of the forum and its chairman, Klaus Schwab, intensified in 2020 in the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic. That year, the theme of the annual meeting was “The Great Reset.” The initiative envisioned sweeping changes to how societies and economies would work to recover from the pandemic and build a more sustainable future.
Now, in increasingly mainstream corners of the internet and on conservative talk shows, “The Great Reset" has become shorthand for what skeptics say is a reorganization of society, using global uncertainty as a guise to take away rights. Believers argue that measures including pandemic lockdowns and vaccine mandates are tools to consolidate power and undercut individual sovereignty.
At a rally staged on the grounds of an upstate New York church last fall, a photo of Schwab was displayed on the center of a large screen alongside other “villains” accused of threatening American values. The crowd of thousands had gathered in a revivalist tent at a traveling roadshow used as a recruiting tool for an ascendant Christian nationalist movement. Participants discussed “The Great Reset," among a host of other theories, as an assault on America’s foundations.
The phrase was used more than 60 times across all programs on Fox News in 2022, according to one tally generated by the Internet Archive's TV news database. That's up from 30 mentions in 2021 and about 20 in 2020. It was discussed most frequently on “The Ingraham Angle" and “Tucker Carlson Tonight."
And in August, amid a defamation trial for calling the Sandy Hook Elementary School attack a hoax, Infowars host Alex Jones released a book called “The Great Reset: And The War For the World.” It's described as an analysis of “the global elite’s international conspiracy to enslave humanity and all life on the planet.”
For example, a site known for spreading fabricated stories falsely claimed last month that Schwab publicly encouraged the decriminalization of sex between children and adults, using an invented quote and other baseless statements. Still, it drew tens of thousands of shares on Twitter and Facebook.
Meanwhile, the popular claim that the forum wants people to replace meat with bugs is a distorted reference to an article once published on the organization’s website. In another instance, a widely shared post claimed without evidence that the forum had “appointed” U.S. Rep. Kevin McCarthy as speaker of the House before the actual vote had taken place.
The concern, Friedfeld says, is that posts like these could introduce people to more fringe and dangerous conspiracy theories or even translate into real-world violence. Yann Zopf, head of media for the forum, says the organization has increased its monitoring of this kind of online activity and carefully watches for direct threats.
The New World Order is real. And the unalienable rights of citizens are reduced and will be reduced further. Look how ugly people are getting. That is a sign of it. Easily pushed to get violent and worse.

Truncating the so called ‘capitalistic pyramid’ is a lie built on a Marxist lie. America and the West have become the most abundant places affording everyone a better life because of capitalism and individual freedom.
Indeed, you're right. You are aware that the rest of the world has paid a high price...for our prosperity?

Different convo anyway. You cannot rail about global elites, who are the ultimate winners at Capitalism, on the one hand..while defending Capitalism on the other..unless you buy into the Truncating argument.

Also, you added that individual freedom as a reason that everyone has a better life in America? Yet, quite a few people have had a lot less personal freedom in our history as a country--true?

Calling others who you do not know ‘inevitably stupid’ is pretty appalling, smug, intolerant and narcissistic.
Uh..OK..just for change..how about actually addressing what i said? Otherwise, someone might get the impression that you have no answer..thus fall into insults and such?

I quoted you. How about you explain that? Or have YOU no answer?
Deflection noted. My reading of history leads to to stand by my statement. Including the parts that you have no answer for.
Your propensity for insults rather than cogent rebuttal and conversation says all I need to know about you.

Indeed, you're right. You are aware that the rest of the world has paid a high price...for our prosperity?

Different convo anyway. You cannot rail about global elites, who are the ultimate winners at Capitalism, on the one hand..while defending Capitalism on the other..unless you buy into the Truncating argument.

Also, you added that individual freedom as a reason that everyone has a better life in America? Yet, quite a few people have had a lot less personal freedom in our history as a country--true?
Which ‘rest of the world’ has paid a price? What price have they paid?
Deflection noted. My reading of history leads to to stand by my statement. Including the parts that you have no answer for.
Your propensity for insults rather than cogent rebuttal and conversation says all I need to know about you.
How about just answering the question?

All the things i mentioned lead to individual freedom. Just not freedom to starve..or freedom to take low-waged jobs..or freedom to die young for lack of medical care.

. .. and do tell? When was the last time the Sherman Anti-Trust Act was meaningfully enforced, in the interest of the small businesses or small farmers?

1673904212908.png

1673904492330.png

The society you you support may be a technologically advanced feudal society, but is a feudal society nevertheless

If you had actually LEARNED from history, you would not be so keen on repeating it.

Forum List

Back