As Americans

roomy

The Natural
Apr 22, 2006
could you please tell me what you think we in the UK think of as an American stereotype?

Come on roomy, put everyone out of their misery and spit it out.

And - of course - you have to acknowledge that while stereotypes have a grain of truth, national stereotypes are usually well off beam when you actually go to a nation and experience it.

Excuse me Bruce, I've gotta grab another ice-cold Foster's but first I'm off to point percy at the porcelain, have a chunder, grab some tucker and plonk me arse in front of the telly to watch us beat someone yet again at the cricket :eusa_whistle:

Come on roomy, put everyone out of their misery and spit it out.

And - of course - you have to acknowledge that while stereotypes have a grain of truth, national stereotypes are usually well off beam when you actually go to a nation and experience it.

Excuse me Bruce, I've gotta grab another ice-cold Foster's but first I'm off to point percy at the porcelain, have a chunder, grab some tucker and plonk me arse in front of the telly to watch us beat someone yet again at the cricket :eusa_whistle:

Long as you don't drink that Victoria Bitters piss. Matter of fact, I think that might be what's wrong with Chips ....:badgrin:

Stereotypes are such a time saver huh?

What does the UK think about the average american....... hmmmm.......

I say ol boy, they ahr rude, crude, socially unacceptable, ill mannered louts. How they managed to kick our arses in the American War of Independence I shall never know.

I say ol boy, they ahr rude, crude, socially unacceptable, ill mannered louts. How they managed to kick our arses in the American War of Independence I shall never know.

We didn't follow the Napoleonic rules of engagement (in other words we cheated).:cool:

Work hard all day, then go to Mickey D's.

I answered here, a day or two ago. Roomy ignored, why? I'm unsure. Bottom line, US and Europe had little in common 200+ years ago, less now.

I answered here, a day or two ago. Roomy ignored, why? I'm unsure. Bottom line, US and Europe had little in common 200+ years ago, less now.

You know roomy. He'll come back in a month or two and answer and we'll be trying to figure out what he's talking about without re-reading the entire thread.:lol:

Long as you don't drink that Victoria Bitters piss. Matter of fact, I think that might be what's wrong with Chips ....:badgrin:

Jeez I don't reckon Chips would ever go near that slop! Bloody chemical crap it is! I drink one bloody can of that stuff and I get a splitting headache. I got on it big time though once, about September 1973 from memory. Never touched it since. :redface:

No, that's us! We're the louts! Look -
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22836453-401,00.html

Little bastards, give 'em some county time.

Now THAT will get roomy wound up! The Brits don't see themselves, even now, as part of Europe!

They say that once upon a time, there was such fog across the British Channel that no shipping or other travel was possible whatsoever. This being long before Eurostar, this meant that Britain and Europe were completely cut off from each other. The story goes that the newspaper headline of the day read "Fog Across Channel - Continent Cut Off".

http://tinyurl.com/ytzsfq

It's still that way! :cool:

Used to play mudball in the service. Usually we was in Okinawa. After work we'd set outside the barracks and if it rained (pretty much all the damn time), the football came out. Your guys just didn't know the right people. :eusa_think:

The two of them are an embarrassment, but I'm not surprised. It seems that some Aussies when they go overseas, get filled up on the local hooch and start getting uber-nationalistic. Ratbags. You can see it in that bloody mindless chanting, "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, oi, oi, oi!" Still I suppose some of them can at least remember the words.

Saw a bit on the news about those Sailors Diuretic. They interviewed a couple of the assault victim's neighbours. Their opinion? About time the victim got his just deserts. Apparently he goes around beating up other folk all the time, so they saw it as a bit of payback. Saw him as well. Didn't seem that badly hurt IMO. But they'll get whats coming to them. And both parties were wrong - league is much better than AFL OR American Football...:eusa_whistle: :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back