As a Dem/Prog. which GOP candidate would you support?

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Contrary to what some right wingers may think, democrats/progressives DO want our country to succeed, thrive in the world arena, and squarely address the many problems and issues facing us.

Although the odds are against a republican candidate being sworn as president in 2016, one never knows....So, which of that dozen or more GOP candidates vying for the WH, would you feel comfortable in supporting?

(in other words, which of the cadre seems "saner" and closer to both your ideology and willingness to work across party lines)

Contrary to what some right wingers may think, democrats/progressives DO want our country to succeed, thrive in the world arena, and squarely address the many problems and issues facing us.

Although the odds are against a republican candidate being sworn as president in 2016, one never knows....So, which of that dozen or more GOP candidates vying for the WH, would you feel comfortable in supporting?

(in other words, which of the cadre seems "saner" and closer to both your ideology and willingness to work across party lines)
That's an easy question to answer. "The one that's NOT a professional politician, NOT anti-America, NOT self-centered nor self-serving, the one that's NOT an egotist, the one that is NOT power hungry, and the one that WILL use the power of the people to lift this once great nation from the depths of ruin."

Any questions? If so, please do not hesitate to ask.

That's an easy question to answer. "The one that's NOT a professional politician, NOT anti-America, NOT self-centered nor self-serving, the one that's NOT an egotist, the one that is NOT power hungry, and the one that WILL use the power of the people to lift this once great nation from the depths of ruin."

What brand shoes do you buy?

What brand shoes do you buy?
No certain brand. If I like a pair, I buy them. I'm not one that buys according to brand.

Right now there isn't one declared candidate I'd vote for. Nor, at this point are there any presumed candidates I'd vote for.
Considering that most of America is not as far right as the GOP or far left as the Dems, there's a Big Hole to fill in regards to electing a president who represents the face of the nation.
But there is one prominent candidate who reflects Americana better than any of one who is running or will run, Jon Huntsman Jr.
I wrote in Huntsman in 2012 and more than likely, I'll be forced to do it again in 2016.

Last edited:
"As a Dem/Prog. which GOP candidate would you support?"

This is actually a response republicans and conservatives should pay close attention to, given the fact democrats, moderates, and independents will determine who the next president is.

If republicans seek out the 'most conservative' candidate for president they can find, then they've already lost the election.

Yes, republicans have the right to nominate whomever they wish, to reflect their dogma and agenda, including a hard-core, extreme rightwing agenda, provided republicans understand that a majority of the voters will reject any republican candidate who advocates such an agenda.

This is actually a response republicans and conservatives should pay close attention to, given the fact democrats, moderates, and independents will determine who the next president is.

I agree that Republicans and Conservatives need to pay attention to this. Any name even considered by Democrats should be expelled and excommunicated from the GOP.... IMMEDIATELY.

Let me correct you. You don't want the country to succeed, you want YOUR government to succeed.

If republicans seek out the 'most conservative' candidate for president they can find, then they've already lost the election.

Yes, republicans have the right to nominate whomever they wish, to reflect their dogma and agenda, including a hard-core, extreme rightwing agenda, provided republicans understand that a majority of the voters will reject any republican candidate who advocates such an agenda.

In other words, we have to nominate a candidate that isn't a Republican. What the hell is the point then?

I agree that Republicans and Conservatives need to pay attention to this. Any name even considered by Democrats should be expelled and excommunicated from the GOP.... IMMEDIATELY.
Run Ted Cruz. All Democrats would like him to run, as that would bring an easy victory to whoever the Dems might run, not to mention plenty of laughs..

How magnanimous...

Run Ted Cruz. All Democrats would like him to run, as that would bring an easy victory to whoever the Dems might run, not to mention plenty of laughs..

Hah! If the GOP ran Ted Cruz, he would crush Hillary. They won't so you are safe.

Hah! If the GOP ran Ted Cruz, he would crush Hillary. They won't so you are safe.
Ted Cruz would flop in the swing states because his loud mouth attitude would scare voters off, whereas Hillary just drives past or shakes a few pre-selected hands. He might do well among some red states, but he would lose traction when he heads north or east.

Ted Cruz would flop in the swing states because his loud mouth attitude would scare voters off, whereas Hillary just drives past or shakes a few pre-selected hands. He might do well among some red states, but he would lose traction when he heads north or east.

So he wouldn't do well in the States we should carpet-nuke (including my state)? Too bad.

Bull shit all around but we won't get to see it so believe what you want to believe.

Right now there isn't one declared candidate I'd vote for. Nor, at this point are there any presumed candidates I'd vote for.
Considering that most of America is not as far right as the GOP or far left as the Dems, there's a Big Hole to fill in regards to electing a president who represents the face of the nation.
But there is one prominent candidate who reflects Americana better than any of one who is running or will run, Jon Huntsman Jr.
I wrote in Huntsman in 2012 and more than likely, I'll be forced to do it again in 2016.

Agreed....Huntsman would be a very good choice for Republicans if they want to see the WH again during the next decade.....But he seems too sane, smart and objective to suit the ideology of most right wingers (just look at some of the R-W morons on this thread alone.)

Strangely enough, I find that someone like Kasich to be....at the very least.....not as alienating as the rest of potential GOP candidates.

Forum List

Back