Artificial Sweeteners

On aspartame:

What's In Aspartame?
PHENYLALANINE - 40%
ASPARTIC ACID - 50%
METHANOL - 10%

PHENYLALANINE
Phenylalanine is a "excitotixin", which stimulates (excites) the neurons in the brain... to the point of cellular death.
It also lowers the seizure threshold in the brain, and blocks seratonin production. Our nation is swept by an epidemic of violence, depression, rage and paranoia... which researchers attribute, in part, to low brain seratonin levels. Low serotonin levels are caused by aspartame!
ASPARTIC ACID
High levels of aspartic acid are said to damage the basal ganglia (part of the brain) and has been shown in many studies to be connected to the development of MS and Parkinson's disease.
METHANOL
Methanol (wood alcohol) is a deadly poison. It's a colorless, poisonous, and flammable liquid. And it's used for making formaldehyde, acetic acid, methyl t-butyl ether (a gasoline additive), paint strippers and carburetor cleaners.

People may recall that methanol was the poison that has caused some "skid row" alcoholics to end up blind or dead. The absorption of methanol into the body is sped up considerably when free methanol is ingested. Free methanol is created from aspartame when it is heated to above 86 Fahrenheit (30 Centigrade). This would occur when aspartame-containing product is improperly stored or when it is heated (e.g., as part of a food product... such as Jello).
Another fact... Methanol breaks down into formic acid and formaldehyde in the body. Formaldehyde is a deadly neurotoxin.

----------------------

I'm not a health-food nut, but I do not like artificial sweeteners.
Eat the food people have eaten for centuries, and you should be ok. <-- my rule.

Do you use them a lot? I try not to, I just use real sugar sparingly.

I wonder if using a lot of them has a long term effect on our bodies.

Artificial Sweeteners: How Bad Are Saccharin, Aspartame? - Yahoo! News

I use them all the time.. Try Truvia - like Splenda, it's actually made from sugar, has 0 calories, but has the taste and texture of real sugar, whereas Splenda has a different texture and not as sweet of a taste.

i once read, and i did not bother to verify because it made sense at the time, that those artificial sweeteners just fool your body into thinking that there will carbohydrates coming for digestion. so your body will be all set for the meal, and then there comes this fake stuff.

meaning you feel hungry after the meal, and will crave real sweet stuff anyway. since i am lucky, i don't need to pay attention, i am looking like ravi's new avatar with body hair (on appropriate places, no monobrow).

On aspartame:

What's In Aspartame?
PHENYLALANINE - 40%
ASPARTIC ACID - 50%
METHANOL - 10%

PHENYLALANINE
Phenylalanine is a "excitotixin", which stimulates (excites) the neurons in the brain... to the point of cellular death.
It also lowers the seizure threshold in the brain, and blocks seratonin production. Our nation is swept by an epidemic of violence, depression, rage and paranoia... which researchers attribute, in part, to low brain seratonin levels. Low serotonin levels are caused by aspartame!
ASPARTIC ACID
High levels of aspartic acid are said to damage the basal ganglia (part of the brain) and has been shown in many studies to be connected to the development of MS and Parkinson's disease.
METHANOL
Methanol (wood alcohol) is a deadly poison. It's a colorless, poisonous, and flammable liquid. And it's used for making formaldehyde, acetic acid, methyl t-butyl ether (a gasoline additive), paint strippers and carburetor cleaners.

People may recall that methanol was the poison that has caused some "skid row" alcoholics to end up blind or dead. The absorption of methanol into the body is sped up considerably when free methanol is ingested. Free methanol is created from aspartame when it is heated to above 86 Fahrenheit (30 Centigrade). This would occur when aspartame-containing product is improperly stored or when it is heated (e.g., as part of a food product... such as Jello).
Another fact... Methanol breaks down into formic acid and formaldehyde in the body. Formaldehyde is a deadly neurotoxin.

----------------------

Eat the food people have eaten for centuries, and you should be ok. <-- my rule.
How colossally idiotic!

Aspartame is a chemical compound synthesized from aspartic acid, phenylalanine, and methanol.

Moron.

Using your ideas, you should be scared shitless - proteins you eat contain a hell of a lot of phenylalanine and aspartic acid. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
On aspartame:

What's In Aspartame?
PHENYLALANINE - 40%
ASPARTIC ACID - 50%
METHANOL - 10%

PHENYLALANINE
ASPARTIC ACID
METHANOL

----------------------

How colossally idiotic!

Aspartame is a chemical compound synthesized from aspartic acid, phenylalanine, and methanol.

Moron.

Using your ideas, you should be scared shitless - proteins you eat contain a hell of a lot of phenylalanine and aspartic acid. :rolleyes:

Are you channeling Dive Con now Si Modo?

Plus, some of us choose not to put as much synthesized crap in our bodies, even though a lot of foods do have it, tis better to leave out what you can.

I use Splenda all the time and so does Mrs. BBD. I don't have any problems but Mrs. BBD has grown a third eye...

On aspartame:

What's In Aspartame?
PHENYLALANINE - 40%
ASPARTIC ACID - 50%
METHANOL - 10%

PHENYLALANINE
ASPARTIC ACID
METHANOL

----------------------

How colossally idiotic!

Moron.

I call morons morons when they post colossally moronic shit.

ETA edited content:
Plus, some of us choose not to put as much synthesized crap in our bodies, even though a lot of foods do have it, tis better to leave out what you can.
Fine. That really has little to do with the colossally moronic shit posted.

Last edited:
On aspartame:

What's In Aspartame?
PHENYLALANINE - 40%
ASPARTIC ACID - 50%
METHANOL - 10%

PHENYLALANINE
ASPARTIC ACID
METHANOL

----------------------

How colossally idiotic!

Moron.

:lol:

She's got the moron part down pat.

How colossally idiotic!

Moron.

And you know shit about chemistry.

How colossally idiotic!

Moron.

it could have been a good discussion about aspartame, your site is a fearmongering piece of colossal shit.:eek:
it is not wrong, but it is written in a way so that non-informed readers will think aspartame is the devil.

two of the molecules it will be broken down to after ingestion are amino acids. the third, methanol. not one of them dangerous in the concentration we are talking here.

it could have been a good discussion about aspartame, your site is a fearmongering piece of colossal shit.:eek:
it is not wrong, but it is written in a way so that non-informed readers will think aspartame is the devil.

two of the molecules it will be broken down to after ingestion are amino acids. the third, methanol. not one of them dangerous in the concentration we are talking here.

Wasn't it found awhile ago, that you have t consume something like 6000 packages a year over the course of several years for that stuff to negatively affect you? I an't remember but it was something ridiculous that the average person has no hope of consuming in a lifetime.

Wasn't it found awhile ago, that you have t consume something like 6000 packages a year over the course of several years for that stuff to negatively affect you? I an't remember but it was something ridiculous that the average person has no hope of consuming in a lifetime.

i have no idea, but i think to be killed by aspartame, you will have to drown in it.

i still think it is shit, and should be avoided, but for other reasons.

Big whoop. I could give a shit. I hate the stuff, and I posted some details from a site that :eek: :eek: ed some. Never been there before.

Ask me if I care.

Don't use artificial sweeteners.

To repeat: Eat the food people have eaten for centuries, and you should be ok. <-- my rule.

Big whoop. I could give a shit. I hate the stuff, and I posted some details from a site that :eek: :eek: ed some. Never been there before.

Ask me if I care.

Don't use artificial sweeteners.

To repeat: Eat the food people have eaten for centuries, and you should be ok. <-- my rule.

yeah, i got that, and we agree. still, the site sucks.

Forum List

Back