Who, if anyone, gets a memorium ribbon on the site's title header if they pass away

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
Some here don't know who "Merlin1047" is in that black ribbon at the top of the page, but he was apparently one of the most well liked and respected posters ever on this board. Apparently he was a troop who died in theater (don't remember which conflict). He was before my time though, but that's the story behind the ribbon at least anyway.

Elutherian's passing made me think of this.

At the risk of coming off as superficial, could we get a consensus on who everyone thinks might deserve that kind of notoriety here in the extremely unfortunate event that one of our respected members should happen to meet his or her maker?

Some here don't know who "Merlin1047" is in that black ribbon at the top of the page, but he was apparently one of the most well liked and respected posters ever on this board. Apparently he was a troop who died in theater (don't remember which conflict). He was before my time though, but that's the story behind the ribbon at least anyway.

Elutherian's passing made me think of this.

At the risk of coming off as superficial, could we get a consensus on who everyone thinks might deserve that kind of notoriety here in the extremely unfortunate event that one of our respected members should happen to meet his or her maker?

That's a tough call.
I used to be an admin on a political message board. We gave a tribute like that to one of our admins when he passed away. He was respected and loved by everybody on the board. He deserved it.

It's a quandry though, because I don't want to name any specific names and jinx someone.

But I could probably come up with about 5 quick ones off the top of my head.

#! qualification would have to be likeability beyond political ideology.

Actually he died from cancer, just google is name and you can read about what he went through. I was't here then either but I got curious one night.

I'd have to say that a poster would have to be around here for a while and be well respected.

Actually he died from cancer, just google is name and you can read about what he went through. I was't here then either but I got curious one night.

That is correct. He kept posting even while he was fighting for his life and going through chemo. He finally lost that battle and his wife posted that he had passed away.

He was by far my most favorite poster. He was quite a guy. Seldom do you get a poster of his quality. What a shame to lose him.

Should we make ribbons for members that have passed away that were well liked? I'd have no problem with it, but as Xeno said, it's up to the owner.

Never knew Merlin but read a little of him and what he was going through. My loss for not knowing him. God Bless him and keep him.

Echo, jill, kath (annie), dillo, gunny, bones, del...

Those are who I come up with that have awesome reputations around here according to just about everyone, whose reps have practically nothing to do with their politics.

Gunny, I ask you to personally delete any rep that I might get from these posters for any post in this thread. This was serious and I don't want it tainted with rep whoring implications.

That Elutherian thing really bothered me. It's so weird to talk to someone one day, and then the next day they're unexpectedly gone forever.

Seems a lot of talk of death this week. Just learned a guy my husband worked with blew his brains out. I need to watch a comedy show or something. I tend to take things too serious and hard.

Forum List

Back