Art of the Deal: Procurement Edition

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
MAGA.
We finally have leadership concerned about spending.

Handshake Deal Shatters F-35 Price Target.

Lockheed Martin has tentatively agreed to a one-year contract with two priced options with the U.S. Defense Department that dramatically lowers the unit recurring flyaway costs for the F-35A a year ahead and beyond the previously stated goal of $80 million by the 14th lot of low-rate initial production (LRIP 14) in fiscal 2022.

If finalized, the “handshake” agreement would lower the cost of a currently $89.3 million F-35A by 8.8%, or $7.86 million each, from LRIP 11 to LRIP 12. A priced option in the deal would further lower the price of an F-35A to less than $80 million by LRIP 13, although Pentagon and Lockheed officials declined to provide specific figures for the option year.

“The handshake agreement, once finalized, will represent the largest F-35 production contract and the lowest aircraft prices in program history,” said Greg Ulmer, vice president and general manager of the F-35 program.

MAGA.

Lockheed Martin has tentatively agreed to a one-year contract with two priced options with the U.S. Defense Department that dramatically lowers the unit recurring flyaway costs for the F-35A a year ahead and beyond the previously stated goal of $80 million by the 14th lot of low-rate initial production (LRIP 14) in fiscal 2022.

If finalized, the “handshake” agreement would lower the cost of a currently $89.3 million F-35A by 8.8%, or $7.86 million each, from LRIP 11 to LRIP 12. A priced option in the deal would further lower the price of an F-35A to less than $80 million by LRIP 13, although Pentagon and Lockheed officials declined to provide specific figures for the option year.

“The handshake agreement, once finalized, will represent the largest F-35 production contract and the lowest aircraft prices in program history,” said Greg Ulmer, vice president and general manager of the F-35 program.

MASA. Making American Stupid Again. This has more to do with Obama's insight. Once again, you give credit where no credit is due. Once again you earn a MASA hat.

The goal has been all along to get the F-35A down to to the F-16C in price. The more people that buy the F-35A the lower the cost. That's the way it works. Right now, Lockmarts 2 manufacturing plants are at full capacity and preselling everything they can turn out.

The LRIP-13 is a block buy where you buy hundreds at a time. It's for a 3 year time period above and beyond what is contracted for. I don't know the exact number but I think I saw a number of over 300 on this block buy. It's worth over 3 billion in one lump sum.

Trump has nothing to do with this at all. This is strictly USAF all the way. The Navy and Marines also want to do a block buy to drive the cost of theirs down as well but are not in the position to do so at this time.

MAGA.

MASA. Making American Stupid Again. This has more to do with Obama's insight. Once again, you give credit where no credit is due. Once again you earn a MASA hat.

The goal has been all along to get the F-35A down to to the F-16C in price. The more people that buy the F-35A the lower the cost. That's the way it works. Right now, Lockmarts 2 manufacturing plants are at full capacity and preselling everything they can turn out.

The LRIP-13 is a block buy where you buy hundreds at a time. It's for a 3 year time period above and beyond what is contracted for. I don't know the exact number but I think I saw a number of over 300 on this block buy. It's worth over 3 billion in one lump sum.

Trump has nothing to do with this at all. This is strictly USAF all the way. The Navy and Marines also want to do a block buy to drive the cost of theirs down as well but are not in the position to do so at this time.

You have to give Weather a break, he truly believes Trump is the reason the sun came up this morning

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

MAGA.

Sometimes the person IN the white house encourages people to start or finish a needed deal. Trump has that effect.

It is analogous to the Stock Market surge that started the moment Trump was elected - before he had a chance to do anything. Investors knew that we would have a President who was not openly, overtly anti-Business, and they knew that prosperity would surely follow, regardless of how "good" Trump was in office.

And so it is with this procurement. The Contractor knew that if he didn't make a good deal, Trump would jump on his ass publicly and veto anything unreasonable.

But of course, these deals have a way of being eaten up by change orders, as the military services constantly insist that every "advanced" plane have every new innovation that is developed during the production run. Very, very costly.

MAGA.

Sometimes the person IN the white house encourages people to start or finish a needed deal. Trump has that effect.

Trump only has that affect when he has a profit for Trump Industries. In this case, Trump has no skin in the game. USAF did the buy outside of the Government system. That is what a LRIP is. USAF took excess funds they had and used it to purchase those extra F-35As. Once again, you are trying to give the Orange One credit for something he had absolutely nothing to do with. If he did get involved, I am sure he would have figured out a way to screw it up.

It is analogous to the Stock Market surge that started the moment Trump was elected - before he had a chance to do anything. Investors knew that we would have a President who was not openly, overtly anti-Business, and they knew that prosperity would surely follow, regardless of how "good" Trump was in office.

And so it is with this procurement. The Contractor knew that if he didn't make a good deal, Trump would jump on his ass publicly and veto anything unreasonable.

But of course, these deals have a way of being eaten up by change orders, as the military services constantly insist that every "advanced" plane have every new innovation that is developed during the production run. Very, very costly.

Damn, can you get any dumber. The F-35A is designed to accept changes. It is designed with empty spaces to accept new changes as they become available. And then the new equipment and changes are plug and play. Again, predates the Orange One by at least a decade. Hell, it goes back to Bush, Jr and expanded with Obama. The Orange one still thinks that the Stealth Birds are truly invisible.

The F-35As days of making drastic changes ended with the F-35As first low production run. Now that it's under heavy production there is no way that it can be changed except in the field. And the F-35A is designed to be upgraded easily in the field. Again, you are giving the Orange One credit on something others have done. No free ride on this one.

MAGA.

Trump has nothing to do with this at all. This is strictly USAF all the way.

In which alternative universe does the military dictate to the President?

Oh yeah. The one where Trump is President and must not be given credit for anything positive.

Dumbass.

MAGA.

Trump has nothing to do with this at all. This is strictly USAF all the way. The Navy and Marines also want to do a block buy to drive the cost of theirs down
This as well but are not in the position to do so at this time.

Oh yeah. The one where Trump is President and must not be given credit for anything positive.

Dumbass.

One that has his nose so far up the Orange ones Rectum, This has been the plan all along. It doesn't require the President to make it happen. The only thing a President can do is to Prevent it from happening. The only good thing Trump did about this is, he did nothing. And I guess you can give him credit for doing nothing right? He could have done something a completely screwed it up.

MAGA.

Trump only has that affect when he has a profit for Trump Industries. In this case, Trump has no skin in the game. USAF did the buy outside of the Government system. That is what a LRIP is. USAF took excess funds they had and used it to purchase those extra F-35As. Once again, you are trying to give the Orange One credit for something he had absolutely nothing to do with. If he did get involved, I am sure he would have figured out a way to screw it up.
They really think it is going to work better then the A 10 I don't think so. Ever seen what a A 10 can do with a full load. The A 10 can do 4 times what their new "Hot Rod" can do, and it takes a real pilot to fly one. Loose 23 percent of a wing the A 10 can take you home the F 35 just crashes to the tune of many million dollars. Restart making the A 10.

MAGA.

They really think it is going to work better then the A 10 I don't think so. Ever seen what a A 10 can do with a full load. The A 10 can do 4 times what their new "Hot Rod" can do, and it takes a real pilot to fly one. Loose 23 percent of a wing the A 10 can take you home the F 35 just crashes to the tune of many million dollars. Restart making the A 10.
Hard to beat the A-10. Subsonic is its only downside.

MAGA.

Trump has nothing to do with this at all. This is strictly USAF all the way. The Navy and Marines also want to do a block buy to drive the cost of theirs down
This as well but are not in the position to do so at this time.

Dumbass.

One that has his nose so far up the Orange ones Rectum, This has been the plan all along. It doesn't require the President to make it happen. The only thing a President can do is to Prevent it from happening. The only good thing Trump did about this is, he did nothing. And I guess you can give him credit for doing nothing right? He could have done something a completely screwed it up.
Uh, no it wasn’t.

MAGA.

And the A-10 has a total of less than 300 mile range meaning, past that, it's just doing ferry flights. Plus, with todays ground to air toys the ground troops have, it's a sitting duck. Unless you completely have total air dominance including surface to air and the bad guys only have rifles and a few small weapons, the A-10 won't be used. It's suicide otherwise.

Forum List

Back