Arrests over anti-Semitic remarks on Facebook

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Five men and a 15-year-old youth have been arrested in East Renfrewshire and Glasgow after anti-Semitic remarks were posted on social network site Facebook.

Almost 50 police officers raided seven addresses after complaints from members of the Jewish community in Giffnock.

It followed a number of offensive posts on a page entitled: "Welcome to Israel, only kidding you're in Giffnock."

The six people arrested were charged with a breach of the peace with religious and racial aggravations.

BBC News - Arrests over anti-Semitic remarks on Facebook

What exactly is the "crime" here? Offending people?

Five men and a 15-year-old youth have been arrested in East Renfrewshire and Glasgow after anti-Semitic remarks were posted on social network site Facebook.

Almost 50 police officers raided seven addresses after complaints from members of the Jewish community in Giffnock.

It followed a number of offensive posts on a page entitled: "Welcome to Israel, only kidding you're in Giffnock."

The six people arrested were charged with a breach of the peace with religious and racial aggravations.

European countries, in general, do not have our first amendment principles.

European countries, in general, do not have our first amendment principles.

It's a shame, given that the liberties enshrined in our Constitution were originally considered British liberties.

It's not in the USA, I suppose the crime was breach of peace and aggrivating minorities.

Do you really need me to remind you of the terms for protected groups you cannot use in America?

The so called Holocaust is the one historical event that historians won't examine or debate out of fear for their jobs and university tenure.

Which brings up the question: If the Holocaust history is so perfect with no flaws. Then why are the authorities soo afraid to allow contrary opinions?

What are they afraid off?? :confused:

The so called Holocaust is the one historical event that historians won't examine or debate out of fear for their jobs and university tenure.

Which brings up the question: If the Holocaust history is so perfect with no flaws. Then why are the authorities soo afraid to allow contrary opinions?

What are they afraid off?? :confused:

What does anyone who wants to silence someone else afraid of?

Jews are a protected class in Europe.

Also, if you publicly deny any aspect of the official Holocaust story.

You can go the prison for up to 5 years.

Remind us what happens when anyone questions Mohammad in a Muslim Country.
:offtopic:

You should start a thread about your question.

Then there will be no need to derail this one. :cool:

You are whining about a Jewish conspiracy while pretending Islam doesn't practice its own... cute but I think I will leave it in this thread for all to see what a lying hypocrite you are.

I have a feeling that there is stuff missing in this so called story.

I have a feeling that there is stuff missing in this so called story.

England deserves the subject mentality and the fact they have no rights. I have argued with people from there before that insist it is perfectly ok that their Government can at a whim take away any supposed right they have because none of it is in writing.

Bring it. I figured I'd go out in a battle with Jew worshiping Nazi's.
Fuck'em.

Do you really need me to remind you of the terms for protected groups you cannot use in America?

No, no reason for you to further exhibit your ignorance.

There are no statutes in the United States prohibiting the use of any word or term. You’re free to demonstrate your hatred of other races and religions with impunity.

Forum List

Back