arresting journalist in Wi

Its the peoples house so someone is having them arrested for being there.

Even journalists are being arrested for filming people being treated like dogs for being in their own property.

It is not the people's house, it is the Supreme Court of the State of Wisconsin. There are rules that are followed there, or they arrest you. Try getting up in a courtroom and yelling about something and see what happens.

gentle uprising?

While i think any attempt to muzzle the press is wrong, i saw people running past the police when they tried to talk to them. What is going on?

i guess you missed the fact (and it is a fact, not an opinion) that these were not 'journalists', they had no press credentials. So no one muzzled the 'press', unless by 'press' we now mean absolutely anyone with a blog.

where is your proof of what you claim?

On their own fucking website, you moronic hack.

i guess you missed the fact (and it is a fact, not an opinion) that these were not 'journalists', they had no press credentials. So no one muzzled the 'press', unless by 'press' we now mean absolutely anyone with a blog.

Will you please quit beating around the bush and say what you mean. LOL

The Examiner Press News and Information Site

Video and text by Sam Mayfield- cross posted from her Sam Land blog On June 6th two journalists were arrested at the state capital in Madison, WI. I was one of them. I was grabbed by an aggressive and very escalated police officer after walking in to the state capital on June 6th. Officer Corcoran told me to leave, to "get out". It was bewildering because I was already in the building and was simply walking by him filming my way in to the rotunda. He grabbed me aggressively. I told him, in the friendliest voice I could find, that I was with the press. He let me walk by. I recognized him from the many times I have been in the building over the past four months covering the gentle uprising as it develops and unfolds around Governor Scott Walker's controversial budget repair bill. Alex Noguera-Garces was assisting me this day, she was also stopped. I told Corcoran that she was with me and was a member of the press. Initially he let her through. When she stayed behind to film his treatment of citizens as they entered the building he grabbed and arrested her. She was hauled away in handcuffs. It came to my attention that she was being taken away. I went to her aid and when I explained that "I was a member of the press" Corcoran let me know that "I could go too". Referring to jail and being arrested like Alex. Alex was in taken to an elevator. While inside, before the doors closed, she handed me her camera that was dangling in her hand, likely to fall given the situation

Gentle uprising?

while I think any attempt to muzzle the press is wrong, I saw people running past the police when they tried to talk to them. What is going on?

I guess you missed the fact (and it is a fact, not an opinion) that these were not 'journalists', they had no press credentials. So no one muzzled the 'press', unless by 'press' we now mean absolutely anyone with a blog.

I personally do not care if they have credentials or not, pieces of paper do not make you a journalist.

As far as I can see they were not arrested for not being journalists, they were arrested because they were in a group that ran past the guards. Even if they had credentials they could have been swept up in the reaction to something like that anywhere.

Gentle uprising?

while I think any attempt to muzzle the press is wrong, I saw people running past the police when they tried to talk to them. What is going on?

I guess you missed the fact (and it is a fact, not an opinion) that these were not 'journalists', they had no press credentials. So no one muzzled the 'press', unless by 'press' we now mean absolutely anyone with a blog.

I personally do not care if they have credentials or not, pieces of paper do not make you a journalist.

As far as I can see they were not arrested for not being journalists, they were arrested because they were in a group that ran past the guards. Even if they had credentials they could have been swept up in the reaction to something like that anywhere.

You might not care, but anyone with half a brain does.... otherwise, every fucking idiot who wants to cause shit with the police can call themselves a 'journalist' and get arrested.

Use some common sense.

Link us up to the page and words that made you deside they were not journalists with credentials

found yourself WRONG again for knee jerk defending bad actions because you are a partisan hack huh?

What do you think, they just handout press passes to anyone that asks for them?

The 'gutter press' (such as the HuffPuff etc) long ago destroyed any real standards in 'journalism'. Note that they refer to their contributors as 'citizen reporters'? That's because they hold no qualification in journalism, they accept bullshit from anyone who can vaguely string a sentence together... in some cases, even that is beyond them. They have no code of ethics, no understanding of the integrity of journalism, they are just a bunch of people who want to be journalists but don't want to learn the craft.

Outlets such as the HuffPuff promote this crap by encouraging people to contribute - for which they receive no payment.... You'd think that the liberals would be concerned about the media not paying people for their work but apparently not. As long as it fits their agenda, they don't give a shit about standards.

Yep, they actually believe they're journalists to boot, when in reality they're nothing more than bloggers.

Even today real journalists have little to no ethics. Many aren't interested in the truth, they're interested in championing special interests and partisan politics.

Link us up to the page and words that made you deside they were not journalists with credentials

It's at the top of the fucking page on your fucking link, idiot. I'm not explaining shit over and over to you. I explained it once. That is sufficient for anyone with the IQ above room temperature.

They teach average joes to BE journalists you silly gits.

They were trained and recieved credentials.

Lying wont change the facts

You might not care, but anyone with half a brain does.... otherwise, every fucking idiot who wants to cause shit with the police can call themselves a 'journalist' and get arrested.

Use some common sense.

As far as I am concerned everyone has a right to cause shit with the police. If they also want to call themselves a journalist they have that right also.

That said, there are places where the police have the power to arrest you for giving them shit, inside a courthouse is one of them. I would be much more concerned about them doing this on a street than I am from what I saw in the video.

They are journalists.

They have credentials.

The more you people lie about it the more moraless you appear

They teach average joes to BE journalists you silly gits.

They were trained and recieved credentials.

Lying wont change the facts

I can get credentials that say I am a doctor, would that make me one? Credentials and degrees are just pieces of paper.

The UpTake*|* About

I think you better read it a little more closely

So, now you're changing your source? Nice try, idiot. But that is not the link you provided in your OP. That link is not to a legitimate PRESS site, it's 'citizen reporters' - and 'citizen reporters' do not have press credentials.

Oh, and that second link.... that's not necessarily 'press credentialed' either.

Holy crap, you are stupid.

Last edited:
WTF are you talking about?

This is the site of the place they work for.

They got them credentialed.

Quit lying

Gentle uprising?

Do pieces of paper make brain surgeons brain surgeons??

Its funny how you have to have a degree in journalism to write for the AP or any major paper.

Some papers will make exceptions for opinion editorial writers, however thats not even news - its opinion, hence its meaningless. Its not like an individual could use an op-ed as a valid citation.

WTF are you talking about?

This is the site of the place they work for.

They got them credentialed.

Quit lying

If they were actual journalists, they wouldn't need to be 'credentialed' by the site. They should have individual credentials. You know jack shit about real journalism.

Forum List

Back