Arrest in attempted MLK Day bombing in Spokane

:rolleyes:
Bringing up Bill Ayers to excuse white supremacists...priceless.
I don't know what it is about this story that changed you, but it's nice to see you take a stand against racism.

You're barking up the wrong tree. I think Ayers is a POS.

But keep pretending his existence excuses this guy that tried to blow up people at a MLK tribute.

not at all Bluto, (you're on a roll...;) especially right behind a classic JB troll... ( which I really don't see as a bad troll, actually)....in fact you can go any number of ways here, JB alludes to a point where in Islam supposedly takes a hit on a report of a bombing or possible bombing, then we get ravi's follow up on whitey suppey who has no protection what so ever because some see it as always fashionable to name that spade a spade.:eek::lol:
You still aren't making any sense...but are you trying to say I shouldn't have labeled white supremacists white? Are you trying to say that the reason white supremacists are usually white is because of something that isn't racial?

No, I am just remarking upon your allusion to white supremacist’s, the article says he WAS a member of a grp. and then went on to say it was extremely unlikely these attacks are carried out by grps, why single out white supremacists? I thought we were not supposed to ratchet up angst and create ‘grp’ discord or “we should caution against jumping to conclusions until we have all the facts.....” we certainly don’t want to start labeling folks , hey not every bomber is a muslim.......right?

:rolleyes:

Bringing up Bill Ayers to excuse white supremacists...priceless.

It doesn't excuse anything.

Execute Ayers right next to this bastard.

(But you'll excuse Ayers as a "good terrorist.")

Seems to me when it comes to bombings and such there is much 'selective' outrage.

They (all terrorists, domestic and foreign) should never be excused, especially one that worked as long as he did but now hosts political coming out parties and teaches our youth.

not at all Bluto, (you're on a roll...;) especially right behind a classic JB troll... ( which I really don't see as a bad troll, actually)....in fact you can go any number of ways here, JB alludes to a point where in Islam supposedly takes a hit on a report of a bombing or possible bombing, then we get ravi's follow up on whitey suppey who has no protection what so ever because some see it as always fashionable to name that spade a spade.:eek::lol:
You still aren't making any sense...but are you trying to say I shouldn't have labeled white supremacists white? Are you trying to say that the reason white supremacists are usually white is because of something that isn't racial?

No, I am just remarking upon your allusion to white supremacist’s, the article says he WAS a member of a grp. and then went on to say it was extremely unlikely these attacks are carried out by grps, why single out white supremacists? I thought we were not supposed to ratchet up angst and create ‘grp’ discord or “we should caution against jumping to conclusions until we have all the facts.....” we certainly don’t want to start labeling folks , hey not every bomber is a muslim.......right?
What is a grp...???

I see the article was changed from calling them white supremacists to calling them neo-nazis...I guess pcism won the day.

What is a grp...???

I see the article was changed from calling them white supremacists to calling them neo-nazis...I guess pcism won the day.

*shrugs* hey, the word on the street is; "it's important for us to pause for a moment and make sure that we're talking with each other in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds". :eusa_whistle:

grp. = group.

Last edited:
The backpack, left on a metal bench along the route of the annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day parade in downtown Spokane, contained a bomb that, had it gone off, would have sprayed the crowd with lead pellets coated with rat poison. Investigators believe the bomb was placed in such a way as to maximize casualties.

Many rat poisons contain the chemical warfarin, an anticoagulant. There have been media reports that some suicide bombers in the Middle East pack their bombs with rat poison in hopes of making them more lethal.

I remember reading on here that the Idaho/Washington/Oregon area has become the headquarters for white nationalist groups like the Aryan Nation. It's disgusting that people can hate another race so much that it drives them to murder.

Maybe one of the board's resident racists will come along and explain why this is a great example of why we should still be segregated.

Unfortunately there is a lot of those sorts up here in Ruby Ridge country. They even gave Mark Fuhrman a radio show here a few years back :cuckoo:

The FBI has made an arrest in connection with the attempted bombing along the route of the annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day parade in downtown Spokane.
An FBI source in Washington, D.C., said one man was arrested Wednesday northeast of Spokane. Agents, including a bomb expert from Quantico, Va., were preparing to search a house where others associated with the suspect were living, the source said.
The suspects are apparently affiliated with white supremacists, the source said.

Local News | Arrest in attempted MLK Day bombing in Spokane | Seattle Times Newspaper

He was arrested in Addy, near where my cousin lives. I figured it was some wacko that lived up in the mountains in Stevens country.

I think you're seeing this as a false dichotomy. This guy if found guilty is still probably going to jail for a long ass time, even though he didn't murder anybody. Attempt is still punished in our system. Had people actually been injured and or killed by the bomb, he'd face an even worse punishment.

edit--what Liability said

I don't know if this has been said, but he has been charged with manufacturing a weapons of mass destruction, and few other things. Either way, they said if found guilty he would get life for the WMD.

Not far from where they arrested him is where the Kehoe brothers were from. There is a few extremists up in the mountains around here.

Last edited:
The FBI has made an arrest in connection with the attempted bombing along the route of the annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day parade in downtown Spokane.
An FBI source in Washington, D.C., said one man was arrested Wednesday northeast of Spokane. Agents, including a bomb expert from Quantico, Va., were preparing to search a house where others associated with the suspect were living, the source said.
The suspects are apparently affiliated with white supremacists, the source said.

Local News | Arrest in attempted MLK Day bombing in Spokane | Seattle Times Newspaper

He was arrested in Addy, near where my cousin lives. I figured it was some wacko that lived up in the mountains in Stevens country.

I wonder how they got past the Stevens County militia...

Forum List

Back