Arnold Schwarzenegger Says Heaven Is 'Fantasy' And 'Nothing' Happens When We Die

bobo what the hell is an agnostic atheists?...........

The existence and non-existence of a god are not equally probable outcomes. The majority of things we can possibly imagine do not exist. Thus, belief is not as valid a position as skepticism when dealing with unsupported or unfalsifiable claims. Agnostic atheism is the most rational position.

Why? Because agnostic means you aren't 100% sure. That's for sure. This is unknowable.

BUT, as far as christianity or Islam, we are atheist when it comes to these large cults.

Buddhism is a philosophy, not a religion.
We are taught to believe what we can see, feel, touch, prove.
Belief in an afterlife or not is not a requirement of Buddhism.
We believe, generally, that this is not the end and the we must use this life as preparation for whatever comes next
We believe that if you think you know what is next you are wrong.
Like the caterpillar can have no concept of what it is to be a butterfly we (humans) in our current state are incapable of understanding whatever is next.

Perhaps studying the philosophy might help your understanding.

"Buddhism is a philosophy, not a religion."

Many people would disagree with you.

Not Buddhists.
Did you know there are Christian, Muslim, and Jewish Buddhists?

No, you didn't.
Perhaps speaking from ignorance isn't wise.

Just pointing out that there are plenty of people who would tell you, Buddhism is a religion. Sorry if that is upsetting to you.

Buddhism​

Buddhism is one of the world’s largest religions and originated 2,500 years ago in India. Buddhists believe that the human life is one of suffering, and that meditation, spiritual and physical labor, and good behavior are the ways to achieve enlightenment, or nirvana.

Just pointing out that there are plenty of people who would tell you, Buddhism is a religion. Sorry if that is upsetting to you.

Buddhism​

Buddhism is one of the world’s largest religions and originated 2,500 years ago in India. Buddhists believe that the human life is one of suffering, and that meditation, spiritual and physical labor, and good behavior are the ways to achieve enlightenment, or nirvana.

See anything about "God" in there?
Not religion.

"Buddha rejected the idea of god and ritualistic practices like idol worship. ..."

I can understand your reluctance to accept a philosophy that doesn't incorporate mysticism but Buddhism is not about worship, it is about behavior.
Yes, many Buddhists believe in "God" or "gods" but these beliefs are incorporated from local customs and will vary from region to region and even person to person and are not central to the philosophy.
Within Buddhism there is no requirement to believe...ANYTHING
And without unquestioning belief, there is no religion.

See anything about "God" in there?
Not religion.

"Buddha rejected the idea of god and ritualistic practices like idol worship. ..."

I can understand your reluctance to accept a philosophy that doesn't incorporate mysticism but Buddhism is not about worship, it is about behavior.
Yes, many Buddhists believe in "God" or "gods" but these beliefs are incorporated from local customs and will vary from region to region and even person to person and are not central to the philosophy.
Within Buddhism there is no requirement to believe...ANYTHING
And without unquestioning belief, there is no religion.

I didn't say anything about a "god".
I'm simply educating you to the fact that many people view "Buddhism" as being a religion.

"Religion is a fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a group of people. These set of beliefs concern the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, and involve devotional and ritual observances. They also often contain a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs."

I'm not sure why you are so defensive about this. I didn't make the rules.

How A.S. can say he knows nothing happens when we die?

Did he died and returned to tell us how it is?

What a fool!

I didn't say anything about a "god".
I'm simply educating you to the fact that many people view "Buddhism" as being a religion.

"Religion is a fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a group of people. These set of beliefs concern the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, and involve devotional and ritual observances. They also often contain a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs."

I'm not sure why you are so defensive about this. I didn't make the rules.
And those who do aren't really familiar with the practice.

There's no church
No sermons
The Temples are places for meditation and escape, not worship
In fact, there is no worship

I can see why some believe Buddhism to be a religion, it is a convenient box in which to identify something that doesn't fit the mold but the Buddha explicitly rejected gods and worship of gods and without gods, you don't have religion.

As an agnostic, I believe he's likely correct. No one knows for sure however, and IMO it's wrong to make these kind of comments.

The action-movie icon terminates every 'f**king liar' who says there is life after death.

If you're agnostic, you would say, "He could be correct, he could be wrong".

Forum List

Back