Army to Toughen Up Basic and PT

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
I've posted some articles about recruits not being able to perform when they reach their first assignments. It seems the Army is going to try to do something about it. The video that leads off the article shows the proposed Physical Training regimen and it's a lot tougher than anything I ever went through. [The Leg Tucks makes me groan just watching it.]

By early summer, recruits will go through a new Army BCT, redesigned to instill strict discipline and esprit de corps by placing enhanced emphasis on drill and ceremony, inspections and pride in military history while increasing the focus on critical training such as physical fitness, marksmanship, communications, and battlefield first aid skills.

The new program of instruction is the result of surveys taken from thousands of leaders who have observed a trend of new soldiers fresh out of training displaying a lack of obedience and poor work ethic, as well as being careless with equipment, uniforms, and appearance, according to Army Training and Doctrine Command officials.

The Army has also been considering adopting the proposed Army Combat Readiness Test: A six-event fitness test designed to better prepare troops for the rigors of combat than the current three-event Army Physical Fitness Test, or APFT.

From The Army Is Pushing To Make Basic Training And PT Longer And Harder

Ask the fat asses in the Pentagon why Army recruits can't (won't?) do ten pushups. Marine leaders weathered the storm and refused to train male and female recruits together and kept their legendary tough Boot Camps functioning despite rants by Hillary and the feminists as well as the sodomite lobbyists. Army brass caved in to just about every left wing plan to turn the Military into a social experiment.

Forum List

Back