Armed Guard Stops School Shooter After He Opened Fire at Atlanta Middle School

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
ATLANTA (AP) — A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said. Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown about 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said. The wounded boy was taken “alert, conscious and breathing” to Grady Memorial Hospital, said police spokesman Carlos Campos. Grady Heath System Spokeswoman Denise Simpson...

Armed Guard Stops School Shooter After He Opened Fire at Atlanta Middle School | TheBlaze.com

ATLANTA (AP) — A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said. Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown about 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said. The wounded boy was taken “alert, conscious and breathing” to Grady Memorial Hospital, said police spokesman Carlos Campos. Grady Heath System Spokeswoman Denise Simpson...

Armed Guard Stops School Shooter After He Opened Fire at Atlanta Middle School | TheBlaze.com

The fact that he was armed doesn't relate.

He could have gotten the gun away without being armed, he never used his own gun in the process according to the article. He could have been armed with a pencil sharpener and taken the gun away.

The article makes no mention of whether the officer pulled his gun or not, so your post clearly doesn't relate.

I don't have a dog in this fight. There have been times when I have wanted a gun on my person and there are times when I saw such disregard for gun safety that it was physically sickening to think that some people are allowed to possess them. I change my mind about every day. But I will say this about this particular topic. I lived a majority of my life in Georgia. Even in the rural areas and small towns, there would be violent fights that ended in deaths in the high schools. These fights were not with guns. They were with chains, pipes, and knifes.

People who are mentally unsound will hurt their fellow mankind no matter what the circumstances.

How humiliating for all of the asshole idiot liberals on USMB who have screamed their heads off that armed security at schools is a bad idea.

As usual, we see the left talking about something they know nothing about. Why is it that side insists on speaking from a position of ignorance?

He could have gotten the gun away without being armed, he never used his own gun in the process according to the article. He could have been armed with a pencil sharpener and taken the gun away.

The article makes no mention of whether the officer pulled his gun or not, so your post clearly doesn't relate.

Clearly you can't read. The title was "Armed Guard". Why was the fact that he was armed have to do with this story? Thank you for proving my point, he didn't use the gun.

Seriously, do you really think a trained officer would approach an armed suspect with his weapon holstered? If he did, he would be dumber than you appear to be.

Clearly you can't read. The title was "Armed Guard". Why was the fact that he was armed have to do with this story? Thank you for proving my point, he didn't use the gun.

He was armed and the situation ended peacefully. End of story you ignorant wing-nut fuck....

How humiliating for all of the asshole idiot liberals on USMB who have screamed their heads off that armed security at schools is a bad idea.

As usual, we see the left talking about something they know nothing about. Why is it that side insists on speaking from a position of ignorance?

If you actually read the article, the gun was never used.

You don't have to fire a gun to use a gun.

Are you stupid? I said the article never mentions if he "pulled" his gun or not. Your point was idiotic because the point you were trying to make was NOT based upon facts obtained through reading the article. Moron.

Seriously, do you really think a trained officer would approach an armed suspect with his weapon holstered? If he did, he would be dumber than you appear to be.

Can you show me in the article where it says he used his weapon?

Can you show me in the story where it said he didn't? Like I said before, no officer would approach an armed suspect with his weapon holstered.

Are you stupid? I said the article never mentions if he "pulled" his gun or not. Your point was idiotic because the point you were trying to make was NOT based upon facts obtained through reading the article. Moron.

If you read the article, my point is clear.

You wrote: "The fact that he was armed doesn't relate.

He could have gotten the gun away without being armed, he never used his own gun in the process according to the article. He could have been armed with a pencil sharpener and taken the gun away."

The article does not say whether he pulled his gun. So tell me numbskull, how do you know he didn't pull his gun, and can say with absolute certainty he could have disarmed the shooter with a pencil sharpener? You cannot, and it was a nonsensical post on your part. I'm done with your idiocy.

Can you show me in the story where it said he didn't? Like I said before, no officer would approach an armed suspect with his weapon holstered.

Pretty sure the article doesn't say he approached the suspect.

Then how the hell did he disarm him? Did the kid just toss him his gun? Are you totally incapable of reasonable thought?

So what? The fact that he didn't pull his gun does not make the situation he was in any less dangerous...he could have pulled his gun if he absolutely had to, he was trying to avoid that because of the children he was dealing with...key word CHILDREN...do you think he wanted to shoot a child unless he had to? He got to the shooter before the shooter could shoot his victim another shot.. TO KILL.
I am for armed guards in schools...I fear for my babies every day...thank goodness for officers that patrol schools.

Pretty sure the article doesn't say he approached the suspect.

Then how the hell did he disarm him? Did the kid just toss him his gun? Are you totally incapable of reasonable thought?

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

The article says the gun was taken by the officer. It gives no details on how it was taken.

How do you take something without approaching it? Come on, was it some sort of cop magic or what? Earlier I said you appeared dumb, now your proving it, good job.

So what? The fact that he didn't pull his gun does not make the situation he was in any less dangerous...he could have pulled his gun if he absolutely had to, he was trying to avoid that because of the children he was dealing with...key word CHILDREN...do you think he wanted to shoot a child unless he had to? He got to the shooter before the shooter could shoot his victim another shot.. TO KILL.
I am for armed guards in schools...I fear for my babies every day...thank goodness for officers that patrol schools.

Read the quote I was responding to, and you'll have your answer.

What answer? I am quite sure I was not questioning anything, but responding to YOUR quote.

I do question why the gun got past a metal detector...but the article did not state HOW the shooter entered the school...

“The obvious question is how did this get past a metal detector?” Davis asked about the gun. “That’s something we do not know yet.”

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

The article says the gun was taken by the officer. It gives no details on how it was taken.

How do you take something without approaching it? Come on, was it some sort of cop magic or what? Earlier I said you appeared dumb, now your proving it, good job.

I never said he didn't approach the gun, where did I say that? Obviously if I'm saying "he took the gun", he obviously approached it.

Use your brain, if it's functional.

You said in post #19 this: "Pretty sure the article doesn't say he approached the suspect."

Tell me, who had the gun that needed to be taken? Do ya think it might have been the suspect? And I'm pretty sure if there is a question of brain functionality you might want to look in the mirror and ask again.

I'll tell ya what, you keep trying to convince yourself that a trained police officer violated every know protocol and approached an armed suspect with his gun holstered. And I'll keep laughing at you while I get ready for bed.

Last edited:
I do question why the gun got past a metal detector...but the article did not state HOW the shooter entered the school...

“The obvious question is how did this get past a metal detector?” Davis asked about the gun. “That’s something we do not know yet.”

Rottweiler stated that liberals are opposed to armed guards in schools but this was a success. I pointed out the officer never used his own firearm, just that he secured the suspects gun. So, him being armed is fallacious to his supposed "success" story.

I disagree...the fact that the officer did not have to use his weapon to shoot is a success story...really, do you think that the officer, one who most likely did not want a childs blood on his hands, wanted to shoot to kill the perp..a child? Not only did he keep others safe from the shooting, he kept any more bloodshed. We want LESS bloodshed in schools, and that is exactly what took place at that shool.

Do you mean armed with a gun, or with any weapons. Because I can say for certain that there are times when someone has what could be determined weapons that a law enforcement officer would be severely punished if they drew their weapon.

Certainly, this isn't national news. It doesn't promote disarming law abiding citizens.

Forum List

Back