Arlen Specter has Tantrum over Capitalism. Too funny!

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Former Pennsylvania Senator Arlen Specter threw a bit of a temper tantrum during a live interview on a conservative radio talk show. The Republican-turned-Democrat was appearing on the ‘Jason Lewis Show’ to promote his new book when he said, “I have one final comment, I gave you 10 minutes. You’ve been over every subject except for my book. I’ve listened to two rounds of your commercials. I think it’s insulting. I’ve been in a lot of interviews in the course of the past 30 years and you are absolutely insulting!”

The program’s host then blasted back, saying, “Good God. This is not public radio. I don’t have a government grant. We’ve got to pay the bills; they’re called commercials. Capitalism.”

The exchange continued with Specter saying, “I’m talking about someone who’s civilized. I told you the last time around I wasn’t going to sit around and listen to your commercials, and I didn’t want to hang up on you. This is no way for anybody to run an interview. I’m as experienced as you are, if not more so.”

Video of entire exchange here: Specter 'Loses It' on Radio Show - Arlen Specter - Fox Nation

The arrogance of a liberal, and Specter was always a liberal, when he was a Republican and now that he's a Democrat.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Arlen Specter seriously ill...
:eek:
Arlen Specter confirms he is battling cancer, says he 'intends to win'
Monday, August 27, 2012, UPDATE: Arlen Specter's office confirmed Tuesday morning that the former U.S. Senator is once again fighting cancer. "I am battling cancer, and it's another battle I intend to win," Specter said in a statement issued by his office. "I am grateful for the well wishes I have received and I am looking forward to getting back to work, to the comedy stage, the squash court and the ballpark," says Specter, an avid Phillies fan. We reported what follows below on Monday afternoon...
Arlen Specter has been hospitalized with a serious illness, confirm friends of the longtime U.S. Senator. One asked that people keep him in thoughts and prayers. Specter, 82, announced in 2005 that he had Hodgkin’s disease for which he underwent chemotherapy. His cancer returned and he was treated again in 2008. Friends declined to comment Monday afternoon on the nature of his illness.

Specter had been scheduled to appear as a surprise guest and perform a comedy set at last Wednesday’s Stu Bykofsky Candidates Comedy Night but his secretary cancelled his long-booked appearance several days earlier, Bykofsky confirms, adding that Specter’s assistant referred to the cancellation as “personal.”

“I’m sorry I can’t provide any information to that effect, you’ll have to ask somebody else,” replied a woman who answered the phone at Specter’s office Monday when asked if she could confirm that Specter was in the hospital. Specter’s son, attorney Shanin Specter, promptly retured our email Monday, but declined to comment for this report.

Source

Former Pennsylvania Senator Arlen Specter threw a bit of a temper tantrum during a live interview on a conservative radio talk show. The Republican-turned-Democrat was appearing on the ‘Jason Lewis Show’ to promote his new book when he said, “I have one final comment, I gave you 10 minutes. You’ve been over every subject except for my book. I’ve listened to two rounds of your commercials. I think it’s insulting. I’ve been in a lot of interviews in the course of the past 30 years and you are absolutely insulting!”

The program’s host then blasted back, saying, “Good God. This is not public radio. I don’t have a government grant. We’ve got to pay the bills; they’re called commercials. Capitalism.”

The exchange continued with Specter saying, “I’m talking about someone who’s civilized. I told you the last time around I wasn’t going to sit around and listen to your commercials, and I didn’t want to hang up on you. This is no way for anybody to run an interview. I’m as experienced as you are, if not more so.”

Video of entire exchange here: Specter 'Loses It' on Radio Show - Arlen Specter - Fox Nation

The arrogance of a liberal, and Specter was always a liberal, when he was a Republican and now that he's a Democrat.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think he was just diagnosed with cancer so I will not talk ill will against him. He has a hard fight ahead of him. Dont agree with his politics but wont talk bad about him Ex-senator Arlen Specter battles cancer again

Specter was there to sell his book, which is also capitalism.

Im rather disappointed that he treated the radio station so badly. Of course they have to have commercials. They have to pay the bills. They certainly arent going to do the segment for free. It's not like Specter paid anything to promote his book there.

I hope he recovers.

I think he was just diagnosed with cancer so I will not talk ill will against him. He has a hard fight ahead of him. Dont agree with his politics but wont talk bad about him Ex-senator Arlen Specter battles cancer again

Spector was diagonosed with cancer something like 5 years ago. I doubt he's being treated any longer. The only reason you won't speak ill of him is because now he's a Democrat.

Forum List

Back