Arizona Rancher Will Fight Court Order To Pay Damages to Undocumented Immigrants

FifthColumn

Rookie
Jan 11, 2011
LA RAZA (the master race) Version of the News
Published February 09, 2011 | Fox News Latino

An Arizona rancher who was ordered to pay nearly $90,000 in punitive damages to undocumented immigrants he confronted, with a gun, is going to request a rehearing, his attorney said.

“We’ll be filing a motion for a rehearing,” said David T. Hardy, who is representing Roger Barnett. “He feels he got screwed. I have some sympathy for that view.”

The U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals last week upheld a lower court verdict ordering Barnett to pay the damages for the 2004 incident, in which the plaintiffs claimed that he approached them with his dog and said he’d shoot them if they tried to leave.

The court said that an Arizona law permitted a person to threaten to use – or actually use – physical force against someone else when that person believes it is necessary for protection “against the other’s use or attempted use of unlawful physical force.”

But the court said that Barnett held them at gunpoint even after becoming aware that no one in the group of 16 men and women was armed, and so he could not use the argument of self-defense.
“Basically they said he took his pistol out and kept his pistol out longer than necessary,” Hardy said.

In fact, Hardy added, Barnett put his gun away after realizing that no one in the group was armed, and after feeling he was not in physical danger.
“What they [judges] missed was that once he saw they were harmless, he holstered his gun,” Hardy said. “When the Border Patrol showed up, [the pistol] was in his holster.”

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/po...g-ordering-pay-damages-undocument-immigrants/

Oh those poor MEXICAN INVADERS!! Sneaking into America and getting caught by a REAL American. And MALDEF, just another Mexican terrorist group, trying to intimidate Americans into handing over the United States to Latin America.

When will Americans start shooting back?:eusa_shhh:

Germans=Krauts
Japanese=Rice Balls
VietCong=Gooks
Mexican Invaders=Poor Immigrants

Last edited:
You realize that by calling them "****'s you lose most of your credibility and hurt any legitimate argument, against Illegal Immigration. :evil:

You realize that by calling them "****'s you lose most of your credibility and hurt any legitimate argument, against Illegal Immigration. :evil:

Gotta agree here.

"Illegal spics" was the way to go, but hey....it's your thread.

:redface:

• Banned

Germans=Krauts
Japanese=Rice Balls
VietCong=Gooks
Mexican Invaders=Poor Immigrants

If the judge was a fair man, which he isn't,he'd turn around and levy a $90K fine on the illegals for trespassing. They are the ones who broke the law.

And you must realise by now that you are the first to use the word ****. What's that say about your credibility?
An apology might be a good start at repair, but I doubt we'll see that.

Last edited:
  • Banned

Ilegal immigration is about illegal and not about Hispanic in general and that is what you are doing when you resort to name calling. We get so fustrated and we do this not meaning to. We have to be careful as not to get to racism and begotry and zenophobia and take away from why we are so angry. I hate illegal immigration but not Mexicans. I would be hating my great grand-son and lots of relatives and would not even think of calling one a S***. And most of my very good friends. And I don't think anyone could possible hate illegal immigration more than I do.

Last edited:

Ilegal immigration is about illegal and not about Hispanic in general and that is what you are doing when you resort to name calling. We get so fustrated and we do this not meaning to. We have to be careful as not to get to racism and begotry and zenophobia and take away from why we are so angry. I hate illegal immigration but not Mexicans. I would be hating my great grand-son and lots of relatives and would not even think of calling one a S***. And most of my very good friends. And I don't think anyone could possible hate illegal immigration more than I do.

So I guess we should ignore the fact that we are being forced to learn Spanish, the invader's language, without our permission?

I have more respect for terrorists who openly admit that they hate the US, than for Latinos who are forcing us to like this invasion that is being conducted by Latinos for Latinos.

Will your very good friends march AGAINST this invasion? If they are Americans, they will.

Just look at what this scum said elsewhere:

jckryan
trespassers will be shot.

On a Message Board so full of psychopaths and associated wackos calling for the summary execution of illegal immigrants I'd almost feel flattered to be called a "****".

José;3330683 said:

jckryan

On a Message Board so full of psychopaths and associated wackos calling for the summary execution of illegal immigrants I'd almost feel flattered to be called a "****".

The truth will set you free. :eusa_pray:

José;3330683 said:

jckryan

If they trespass on ones property and threaten ones life shoot them. Otherwise cuff them and throw them back into their own country.

And you must realise by now that you are the first to use the word ****. What's that say about your credibility?
The OP originally used that word. Intense shamed him into changing it.

I would have let it stand, personally. Let racists be racists.

You owe Intense an apology.

Correction: I came up with a better post and changed it. You can see it on my response to Intense because GOD FORBID if you call a "****" a "****"!!!!

BTW, I was watching "The Untouchables" and heard the word "****" applied to Italians. I guess that word is universal.........like "******"!

Haha... That's what I was thinking... I did a Ctrl F (find) "****" because I was like, did i miss it? First "****" was in his post.

Correction: I came up with a better post and changed it. You can see it on my response to Intense because GOD FORBID if you call a "****" a "****"!!!!

BTW, I was watching "The Untouchables" and heard the word "****" applied to Italians. I guess that word is universal.........like "******"!

Ahh, you would be better off not calling anyone **** or ******. It's like when someone calls Illegals "immigrants..." It's just the wrong words that happen to show bias and destroys credibility imo.

Last edited:

Ahh, you would be better off not calling anyone **** or ******. It's like when someone calls Illegals "immigrants..." It's just the wrong words that happen to show bias and destroys credibility imo.

I'll just call them "beaners" for now.

Forum List

Back