Arizona Declares Sovereignty

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
A concurrent RESOLUTION

claiming sovereignty under the tenth amendment to the constitution of the united states over certain powers, serving notice to the federal government to cease and desist certain mandates and providing that certain federal legislation be prohibited or repealed.

HCR 2024 Arizona Pleads the Tenth! « AxXiom for Liberty

It's a bold move I suppose, but I don't know that anything will come of it.

Good.

Let's stop sending them federal money.

The red states have been living off the blue states for years.

Oddly, I think I want to go there now ... well go back there that is. Last time I was there it really wasn't all that bad, a touch hot at times but the people in some areas were pretty cool, not to mention half my friends I grew up with here have moved there permanently.

It looks like since that bull dyke lezbo bitch Napoletano got shipped off to Washington to lick Obama's ass, Arizona is now free to go ahead and take care of business, which I believe will be finally getting rid of the fucking illegal aliens in that state. Good going Arizona. The rest of the states should follow your example. Oh... well... looks like Oklahoma already is.

It looks like since that bull dyke lezbo bitch Napoletano got shipped off to Washington to lick Obama's ass

Ah, the refreshing intelligent words of a retarded rightie screetches across the chalk board again.

Pale, you can lick who ever's ass you like, don't take that choice away from others.:whip:

When I was stationed on an Air Force Base, I used to salute sometime lefthanded to see if they noticed the difference. They didn't. You could have been one of them.:eusa_shhh:

Good.

Let's stop sending them federal money.

The red states have been living off the blue states for years.

Well the blue states are the ones that house all the rich people..the elitists, dontcha know.

I thought they were SUPPOSED to be carrying the rest of us?

It looks like since that bull dyke lezbo bitch Napoletano got shipped off to Washington to lick Obama's ass

Ah, the refreshing intelligent words of a retarded rightie screetches across the chalk board again.

Pale, you can lick who ever's ass you like, don't take that choice away from others.:whip:

When I was stationed on an Air Force Base, I used to salute sometime lefthanded to see if they noticed the difference. They didn't. You could have been one of them.:eusa_shhh:

Hey "boy," how ya doin' "boy?" :lol:

Libtards like you are half the reason I put those inflamatory posts out there "boy"... :rofl:

And don't even bull shit you were on an Air Force Base. You haven't been in the miltary period ya fuckin' liar.

That means John McCain and Jon Kyl, both Republicans are inelligable to be Senators of the United States of America giving the Democrats a 58-39 majority which would make a fillerbuster impossible.

That means John McCain and Jon Kyl, both Republicans are inelligable to be Senators of the United States of America giving the Democrats a 58-39 majority which would make a fillerbuster impossible.

They declared their sovereignty under the federalist system of government the founding fathers of this nation set up with the Constitution, not independence.

Will this actually do anything, or is it just posturing?

It is so hard to tell the difference anymore.

Will this actually do anything, or is it just posturing?

It is so hard to tell the difference anymore.

A few other states have done it, and I've not heard how it made any significant difference to anything. Maybe if more than a handful did it, but until then I'd say it's not all that significant.

What brought this on exactly?

The federal government assuming powers that, under the 10th amendment, belong to the individual states, and the federal government withholding federal funds unless the states adhere to their rules.

Be it resolved by the House of Representatives of the State of Arizona, the Senate concurring, that:

1. That the State of Arizona hereby claims sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the Constitution of the United States.

2. That this Resolution serves as notice and demand to the federal government, as our agent, to cease and desist, effective immediately, mandates that are beyond the scope of these constitutionally delegated powers.

3. That all compulsory federal legislation that directs states to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties or sanctions or requires states to pass legislation or lose federal funding be prohibited or repealed.

4. That the Secretary of State of the State of Arizona transmit copies of this resolution to the President of the United States, the President of the United States Senate, the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, the Speaker of the House and the President of the Senate of each state’s legislature and each Member of Congress from the State of Arizona.

I got that, but what in particular has the Fed done to make them file this resolution?

I doubt there's one thing in particular, other than they're tired of the federal government assuming it is all powerful and can make the individual states do whatever it wants them to do.

Forum List

Back