Taxachussetts is back

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Skull Pilot, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,001
    Massachusetts pursues sales taxes on tires bought by residents across the border - The Boston Globe

The state of MA and governor Deval (Coupe De Ville) Patrick, or as my friends in MA call him, Obama lite, is prepared to stop you at the border to collect the MA sales tax on goods bought in New Hampshire.

I can see it now, MA State troopers stopping cars on the state border searching for taxable contraband.

Now NH is the only state on the MA border without a sales tax, but soon we will see the money grubbing politicians demanding that no matter where you buy a product and no matter if you paid a state sales that you pay your resident state sales tax as well.

I hate to say it but I told you so.

2. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,859
    nc was deemed a tax hell by fortune 500 a few years ago.....i feel your pain

now it is illegal to cross into nc and buy more than 2 cartons of ciggies to take back into tennessee.....so far....i dont know of anyone who has been busted for it...with the high crime rates in this country...one would thing the police have better things to do...and more revenues will be expended to enforce this bs...than ever collected

3. Skull Pilot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,001
    You know , Bones, i will never understand the rationale of government.

Government uses taxes as a ham handed social engineering tool on a regular basis. Let's see, they want people to drive less to save the planet so they raise gas and excise taxes.

They want people to be skinny so they tax soda, candy and sweets

They tax cigarettes and booze because they're bad for you.

THEN

when people stop driving as much or buy more efficient cars, stop eating candy and drinking soda, stop or at least drastically cut back smoking and drinking, instead of being happy that their little social engineering experiment worked, they get all upset that tax revenues have gone down.

Then they raise taxes on restaurant meals ,hotel rooms and tolls on the roads and wonder why no one is coming to visit the state and tourism dollars are lost

Now MA wants to hunt down goods you bought in other states and tax you on that

I boggles my mind.

The only solution if for our law makers to admit they are addicted to taxes. They have to admit they have a disease.

The best rehab for these guys is to be voted out of office. Come on people, don't you care about addicts, they can't help themselves so we must help them. Be compassionate and vote your political repsresentatives out of office. Only then can the healing begin.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  4. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    [​IMG]

5. Skull Pilot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,001
    you get it Art.

You live in MA no?

6. Article 15

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    Patrick is gone in 2010.

7. Article 15

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    Yeah, man. Lots of folks don't like the Governor these days.

8. Skull Pilot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,001
    Together you can...

kick his ass out of office.

hey can I bunk with you next election day. I'm willing to move back to MA for a while so I can vote against Cadillac Deval

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  9. Article 15

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    lol ...

I prefer a Republican governor for my state. MA republicans tend to be socially liberal so I find them likable.

10. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,920
    Some taxes are not only needed but good. Government can not run without some form of taxation. Of course THIS is ignorant as hell. How exactly does Massachussetts claim they can tax goods bought out of State? Where is their jurisdiction for that?

I believe if one wanted to make a case of it one could argue a State does NOT have the Constitutional authority to tax goods bought IN another State. Even if they are brought to that State. The exception would be reciprocal deals like with new car taxes. Some States have deals where if you buy a new car in certain ways, like from outside the country, and pick it up in one State, you can sign a form that lets you pay the taxes in your home State rather then the receiving State. That would be Constitutional since you are paying a single tax and the agreement is between the States as to who gets the tax.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

The US Government should demand any money collected in this manner be forthwith turned over to the US Treasury.