Aren't Private Companies In The Business Of Making Profit?

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
So tell me...how does a private company make a profit out of taking care of old ladies with cancer?

I believe the same argument the Republicans were making previously about "death panels" is exactly what they are inviting into with Ryancare.

There seems to be a contradiction between providing the care these vulnerable people need and making the profit that comes from not paying for the care these vulnerable people need.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
A company's ability to make profit enables it to make the innovations to provide more care to more people, bub.

A company's ability to make profit enables it to make the innovations to provide more care to more people, bub.

Nice bumper stick chick, but present some actual examples.

Just one or two.

I'm tired of these "we're for freedom!" answers you far RW types like to spew.

So tell me...how does a private company make a profit out of taking care of old ladies with cancer?

I believe the same argument the Republicans were making previously about "death panels" is exactly what they are inviting into with Ryancare.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're always wrong.. about everything... and with this post you're still batting 1,000.

Keep up the good work.

:eek:

Last edited:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're always wrong.. about everything... and with this post you're still batting 1,000.

Keep up the good work.

This individual's post is a prime example of the "We're for freedom!" response.

Lot's of noise and bluster... absolutely NO substance.

:clap2:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Keep up the good work.

Shocking, another one of your posts that offers nothing beyond insults.

Don't waste your time explaining anything to these fools. It's a very simple concept that they frankly, can't get their tiny little minds around.

Tell us about some of the innovations that your health insurance company has come up with.

Ooh! I know this one!

How about: Dropping people from their policy when they get seriously ill and then forcing that person to sue them for coverage and then dragging out the trial and settlement for years and years until the person either gives up or dies. VERY innovative. Douchebag parasites... We must have a public option... government or not, we must.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Keep up the good work.

IT was an appropriate response to the shit posted above.

You don't get it, you never will get it. You're mired in nanny-statism and irrational hatred of anything successful.

BTW... check out post #10.

Last edited:
You don't get it, you never will get it. You're mired in nanny-statism and irrational hatred of anything successful.

Yeah, say that to my face and my mom's face after what we went through with your "wonderful" private insurane companies when my grandmother was dying a horrific death from ALS, and then get back to me if you have any face left. Nice to know that CEO got a couple million for his bonus.

Some services will never work solely as a for profit venture and benefit anyone but the capitalist. Health care/insurance is one of them. We will get a public option.

Keep up the good work.

Why don't you tell me about some of the wonderful innovations your insurance company has come up with. Explain it to me, since "I don't get it".

I know Boedicca is talking out her ass like usual, lets see where you stand.

Why don't you tell me about some of the wonderful innovations your insurance company has come up with. Explain it to me, since "I don't get it".

I know Boedicca is talking out her ass like usual, lets see where you stand.

I guess she's okay with the innovation I posted. Disgusting.

Don't waste your time explaining anything to these fools. It's a very simple concept that they frankly, can't get their tiny little minds around.

Can't explain it, huh? ROFLMAO. YOu have been one of the loudest, emptiest wagons that posts on this board.

Tell us about some of the innovations that your health insurance company has come up with.

Ooh! I know this one!

How about: Dropping people from their policy when they get seriously ill and then forcing that person to sue them for coverage and then dragging out the trial and settlement for years and years until the person either gives up or dies. VERY innovative. Douchebag parasites... We must have a public option... government or not, we must.

So it will magically become better when we replace the corporate burecrat with some government burecrat? At least with a company you can take your business elsewhere. Try that with a single government entitiy.

Keep up the good work.

So that's 3 posts for you in this thread and not one has anything of substance. I'm asking you to explain the innovations that your insurance company has come up with.

Ooh! I know this one!

So it will magically become better when we replace the corporate burecrat with some government burecrat? At least with a company you can take your business elsewhere. Try that with a single government entitiy.

Do you understand how a public option works?

Forum List

Back