Are your local schools too big to teach?

More typical liberal bullshit. You think smaller schools and classes are always the answer, and ignore international statistics that prove you wrong. Countries where class size is larger than ours out preform our students all the time, so smaller class size is not the answer.

BBC NEWS | UK | Education | Primary class size above average

South Korean Education | Asia Society

If I actually told you what the answer is, you would brand me aneocon sexist racist fascist, so I will just let you figure it out on your own.

I would brand you a neocon sexist racist fascist if you said South Korean's were somehow genetically predisposed to learn more in a crowded environment.

However, I don't think we can simply ignore the fact that South Korean's have adapted to living in crowded conditions 24/7. I fact, most Asian cultures have adapted to crowded living conditions, and as such, a classroom with an average student to teacher ratio is 34/1 isn't unmanageable.

On the other hand, US kids have no culture of crowding: Quite the opposite, they have only recently (in the last 100 years) been in classes with more than their rural nieghbors.

More typical liberal bullshit. You think smaller schools and classes are always the answer, and ignore international statistics that prove you wrong. Countries where class size is larger than ours out preform our students all the time, so smaller class size is not the answer.

If I actually told you what the answer is, you would brand me aneocon sexist racist fascist, so I will just let you figure it out on your own.

I would brand you a neocon sexist racist fascist if you said South Korean's were somehow genetically predisposed to learn more in a crowded environment.

However, I don't think we can simply ignore the fact that South Korean's have adapted to living in crowded conditions 24/7. I fact, most Asian cultures have adapted to crowded living conditions, and as such, a classroom with an average student to teacher ratio is 34/1 isn't unmanageable.

On the other hand, US kids have no culture of crowding: Quite the opposite, they have only recently (in the last 100 years) been in classes with more than their rural nieghbors.

Idiocy has reared its head.

Did you miss the link I provided to schools in the UK being larger than those in the US, and having larger class sizes? Don't they score higher academically to US students?

Keep trying, I actually gave you everything you need to get the answer, if you dig hard enough.

Idiocy has reared its head.

Did you miss the link I provided to schools in the UK being larger than those in the US, and having larger class sizes? Don't they score higher academically to US students?

Keep trying, I actually gave you everything you need to get the answer, if you dig hard enough.

No, I read the link about UK average class sizes being slightly larger than the US. Really didn't find the difference (3 kids, as I recall) all that significant. Also, I see many similarities between the crowded conditions to which Asian cutures have adapted, and those on a small island nation like U.K. Its really no surprise the customs have evolved in the UK to allow larger class sizes.

Solutions.

If you think your child is in overwhelmed at school take away the distractions first before you blame the size.

No cell phone
No internet other than for homework
No Television
No social networking
No Texting

If they are still overwhelmed PAY for a private school! Stop the whining and DO something! How about taking the reigns and HOME SCHOOL if your so worried about class size.

Any of you been to Snowhomish where the OP whining link is from?

Its an armpit small town north of Seattle. Been there and its not big enough for many schools.

Solutions.

If you think your child is in overwhelmed at school take away the distractions first before you blame the size.

No cell phone
No Television
No social networking
No Texting

If they are still overwhelmed PAY for a private school! Stop the whining and DO something! How about taking the reigns and HOME SCHOOL if your so worried about class size.

Are you saying that in S. Korea they don't have any of these distractions?

Solutions.

No cell phone
No Television
No social networking
No Texting

I think Asians in general have a different ethic about education. There is a parental pressure to do well and succeed in Asian schools that is lacking in American thinking and parenting.

I dont know if S. Korean students have the same distractions. I do know that American students DO have these distractions.

Solutions.

No cell phone
No Television
No social networking
No Texting

I think Asians in general have a different ethic about education. There is a parental pressure to do well and succeed in Asian schools that is lacking in American thinking and parenting.

I dont know if S. Korean students have the same distractions. I do know that American students DO have these distractions.

Given the context of the OP, school/class size, what you're getting at is there's MANY other variables to consider rather than class size, and only those with the weakest of one dimensional minds would suggest otherwise.

are you saying that in s. Korea they don't have any of these distractions?

i think asians in general have a different ethic about education. There is a parental pressure to do well and succeed in asian schools that is lacking in american thinking and parenting.

I dont know if s. Korean students have the same distractions. I do know that american students do have these distractions.

given the context of the op, school/class size, what you're getting at is there's many other variables to consider rather than class size, and only those with the weakest of one dimensional minds would suggest otherwise.

bingo we have a winner!

The truth never matters to those with blinders on.

Last edited:
To teach them like we used to ( back when schools were smaller) it would cost money so the cons fight it at every turn.

Money is far more important to them than educated kids.

Do you post Drunk?

Right, is that why Liberals are against School Vouchers?

Who would be against School Vouchers? We can all see how well that kind of system works for Mexican education.

To teach them like we used to ( back when schools were smaller) it would cost money so the cons fight it at every turn.

Money is far more important to them than educated kids.

Do you post Drunk?

Right, is that why Liberals are against School Vouchers?

Who would be against School Vouchers? We can all see how well that kind of system works for Mexican education.

Link how much Mexicans receive in vouchers before you make absurd assumptions.

Forum List

Back