Are you watching Trump lie in Florida about bringing jobs back?

Christ the guy has only been on the job for 4 weeks. You Dem's should be cheering Trump for even trying to bring jobs back, instead you are pissing and moaning why?

4 weeks - by which time Obama had passed the stimulus bill which created or saved 1.6 million jobs. What has Trump actually accomplished in job creation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/23/opinion/sunday/what-the-stimulus-accomplished.html?_r=0

Right shovel ready jobs Obama later admitted did not exist so the states spent the money avoiding laying off state employees for 2 years until the money ran out. Poof $800 billion gone with nothing to show for it.

I'll be honest you are so poorly informed on so many topics it would be best if you avoided voting, seriously.

That's why I posted the link doofus. I know you have all of the talking points memorized, but haven't bothered to read the facts.

Seriously I'm done with you. :eusa_hand: You are so ignorant on the issues discussion is not possible, you just spew one disconnected talking point after another. No matter how many facts or historical points are presented you just go on parroting the talking points so talk to the hand. :eusa_hand:

_94723251_e152bbee-b482-49b2-98a0-f66749c7f369.jpg

No they don't.

Yes they do. I've posted the links before. Do you need them again, or is your position immune to facts?
Stop lying.

Do you want the links? Or will I be wasting my time looking them up again?
You are wasting your time because what you are saying is stupid. It's like saying the US produces much more corn than Germany. Of course the US produces much more. It's not just about one section of the entire GDP. The US relies on agriculture and producing energy and mining and so much more. The US is a huge and diverse country. Germany is a small part of Europe. They concentrate on what they concentrate on because they are limited.

And I'll tell you something else. Before I retired, I worked for a company spread out between the US and Germany. They wanted to bring production here because the engineers here in that field were better and production cheaper. But the company had to go through German courts. Even though production was moved over here, they have to employ those German engineers until they either retire or quit and go to another company. The government there protects it's companies. Republicans would never let that happen here. Believe it.

1. Yes, it is stupid of you to not see that I was referring to "level" of employment in order to account for the difference in size.

2. So, Government trade policy drives higher levels of good jobs. And we should not do what Germany does because?
1. You mean percentage.

2. If you are a Republican and you are advocating government involvement in business, then you are no Republican.

His ignorant base is cheering him. Not a mention of automation.
You are so against automation Im starting to think that you lost your job to the automatic toilet scrubber. I feel for you, all that education on proper bowl care down the drain. (pun, get it? down the drain?)
You should really check your postings, you are seriously making yourself out to be an uneducated loser.
Have you praised President Trump yet today?

Trump is functionally retarded. It's painful to watch.
and yet, He is the President of the United States, and here you are, drinking and posting on a free internet site.
Now what exactly does that say about you, other than you are very possibly a drunk.

GFY Derp...nothing not to like in Trumps speech. Makes Obabble look like a kindergarten fag.
You're delusional.

Did you notice as he left, the music was "You can't always get what you want"? His secret message about jobs.
Rdean,

You lost the election. Go curl up in a ball and gently weep.
Why is Trump still in campaign mode? Doesn't he know that he's now an illegitimate President????
I have answered that question numerous times in this thread and others. Really, I cannot be responsible for educating every one of you leftist scum.

Germany has twice the level of manufacturing employment that we do.

FUnny how automation has had so much LESS impact over there...

That's a wee bit of an exaggeration.

German manufacturing employment as a percentage of GDP has fallen 2x compared to about 2.5x in the US.

Percent of Employment in Manufacturing in the United States (DISCONTINUED)
Percent of Employment in Manufacturing in Germany (DISCONTINUED)

Germany is no different.
Dis

German manufacturing employment as a percentage of GDP has fallen 2x compared to about 2.5x in the US.

Germany is no different.
What is it you don't understand?

Manufacturing Sector: Real Output

US Manufacturing is "UP". Get it? "UP".

But Manufacturing jobs are "DOWN". Get it? "DOWN"!

Why do you think that is?

Fuck, do I have to say it???????????

AUTOMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mfg1.jpg

Yes, I know.

But it also occurred in Germany.

Germany lost just 19 percent of its manufacturing jobs between 1996 and 2012​

And Germany has an even higher rate of automation than we do.

figure1-16.jpg

Don’t blame the robots for lost manufacturing jobs | Brookings Institution
(Sigh)
Many times, what the Brookings Institution does is present data. That doesn't always mean they are looking at the big picture in any single study. If robots replace jobs, then of course, jobs are lost. That's only common sense.

Here is another Brooking's Institution article presenting seemingly contradictory information to your article. While I post portions of the article, you really should read the entire thing.

----------------------------------------------

America’s advanced industries: New trends | Brookings Institution

Metropolitan Policy Program at Brookings has for the last several years been arguing that to truly rebuild America’s drifting economy, city and metropolitan area leaders—supported by their states and Washington—must work to build an “advanced economy that works for all.”

How might cities, metro areas, and the nation build such an economy? One step is certain: Along with improved innovation and training initiatives, stronger labor standards, and a rewoven social safety net, a key element of the needed reconstruction is a metro-by-metro rejuvenation of the nation’s high-tech “advanced industries” sector.

The importance of these high-value innovation and technology industries to any future shared prosperity is why the Metro Program began to focus on the sector in the wake of the 2008 economic crisis. Likewise, the centrality of these advanced industries’ progress to the nation’s long-run productivity and economic inclusion is why the program formally defined and began to track the growth of the sector, beginning with the 2015 report “America’s Advanced Industries: What They Are, Where They Are, and Why They Matter.” That report outlined 50 “advanced” industries that conduct inordinate amounts of R&D and employ large STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) workforces—key determinants of high-value economic enterprise.

Advanced robotics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning are making it possible to automate more and more worker tasks, opening the possibility of both productivity gains and labor market disruption.

STEM workers—from aerospace engineers and plant scientists to petroleum geologists, software developers, and skilled technicians—matter because they invent and install the technical innovations that sustain innovation and growth.[iv] At the professional level, highly trained scientists and engineers keep firms and industries on the cutting-edge through inventions and entrepreneurship. At the sub-bachelor’s level, skilled technicians produce, install, maintain, repair, and operate the systems designed and patented by researchers, allowing firms and industries to reach their markets, maximize sales, create process innovations, and enhance productivity. That advanced industries employ 80 percent of the nation’s engineers underscores the sector’s role as America’s main storehouse of its most economically valuable technical workers.

------------------------------------------------------
If you actually read both articles, the one you linked to and the one I linked to, you begin to understand the bigger picture. Notice that neither study gives "bring jobs back from other countries" as a solution. The jobs that would come back wouldn't pay much anyway. Simple labor for low paid and unskilled workers.

Remember, manufacturing has been losing jobs in both China and Mexico.

New high paying jobs here don't come from overseas, they are developed here with people educated here. Get it? It's education and innovation that generally comes from research.

Donald Trump has no "education policy". He talks about bringing jobs back but to a thinking person, that is remarkably ridiculous for the reasons pretty much outlined by the Brooking's Institution.

What I've been saying for the last couple of years is we need education. Something USMB Republicans pretty much mock and dismiss.

You are so against automation Im starting to think that you lost your job to the automatic toilet scrubber. I feel for you, all that education on proper bowl care down the drain. (pun, get it? down the drain?)
You should really check your postings, you are seriously making yourself out to be an uneducated loser.
Have you praised President Trump yet today?
Don't be stupid. No one here has been more pro education than me. Clearly you haven't checked my postings. Read #88. Unless you don't have any skill at comprehension. Then, nevermind.

Trump is functionally retarded. It's painful to watch.
and yet, He is the President of the United States, and here you are, drinking and posting on a free internet site.
Now what exactly does that say about you, other than you are very possibly a drunk.
It says if we want the good stuff, we should ask you. Clearly you have a lot of personal experience with booze.

I don't like all of the lies he told.
I don't like his attack on the judicial system, which undermines the judiciary and the pillars of democracy.

yeah - fuck them, the justices that create laws - fuck them

the decision by the 9th was CLEARLY illegal - they deserve to be attacked, they actually deserve to be impeached

but fuck them

They made a sound decision. It's not that Trump doesn't have the power to restrict immigration, it's that the EO was poorly written, wasn't vetted by the Justice Department, Homeland Security or anyone else to see if it was legal and would stand scrutiny, and was poorly implemented. THIS is why it was held up by the Court, and rightfully so.

Bullshit. A lefty did what he always does, pushed the lefty agenda instead of doing his job.

Can someone explain to me why Democrats have a problem with Trump brining decent paying jobs back to America and saving decent paying jobs from leaving in the first place? Seriously WTF you would think that would make Democrats happy.

They are offended by the idea of America winning.

I know their left wing HATES corporations maybe that's it. Oil, gas, coal, timber, mining, fishing.

I recall when Euro Disney was in trouble, I mentioned to a lib I knew at the time that Disney has set it up so that they would be fine and the European investors had taken all the risk.

HE was offended by my statement.

Disney is not a Big Oil, or Big Coal. But it is American, and he was offended that they might be winning.

Germany is no different.

Your own links show germany at approximately 20% and us at approximately 10%.

There are millions of jobs to be had with better trade policy.

And Germany was at 40% while we were at 27%.

Germany has lost jobs in manufacturing, too. Our jobs declined by a third while theirs declined by a fifth.

And both Germany and the US are in the same trade deals with China.

Germany also had to deal with low cost jurisdictions such as Spain and Portugal. In fact, Germany is more politically integrated with Spain and Portugal than the US is with Mexico.

I am not arguing that manufacturing is not, long term a shrinking component.

But in the "short term" there are millions of jobs that can come back.

Germany has TWICE the percentage of such jobs as we do.

They had nearly twice - OK, 1.5x - the percentage of such jobs 40 years ago too. They've always had a significantly higher percentage of manufacturing jobs than us, at least since WWII.

The jobs that have gone overseas are not going to come back.

If total manufacturing employment continues to pick up - and it very well may - it won't be in jobs that have already gone. It will most likely be in companies that are either already here, or in newer companies that don't yet exist. And it will almost certainly be in higher-skilled areas of labor.

1. So, you admit that total manufacturing jobs can "pick up". Thank you. That is very reasonable of you. Such a result would result is millions of better jobs for millions of American families with good secondary effects rippling though society greatly.

2. How do you conclude that "gone jobs" won't be the ones coming back?

Yes they do. I've posted the links before. Do you need them again, or is your position immune to facts?
Stop lying.

Do you want the links? Or will I be wasting my time looking them up again?
You are wasting your time because what you are saying is stupid. It's like saying the US produces much more corn than Germany. Of course the US produces much more. It's not just about one section of the entire GDP. The US relies on agriculture and producing energy and mining and so much more. The US is a huge and diverse country. Germany is a small part of Europe. They concentrate on what they concentrate on because they are limited.

And I'll tell you something else. Before I retired, I worked for a company spread out between the US and Germany. They wanted to bring production here because the engineers here in that field were better and production cheaper. But the company had to go through German courts. Even though production was moved over here, they have to employ those German engineers until they either retire or quit and go to another company. The government there protects it's companies. Republicans would never let that happen here. Believe it.

1. Yes, it is stupid of you to not see that I was referring to "level" of employment in order to account for the difference in size.

2. So, Government trade policy drives higher levels of good jobs. And we should not do what Germany does because?
1. You mean percentage.

2. If you are a Republican and you are advocating government involvement in business, then you are no Republican.

1. My meaning was clear. My point stands. Germany has TWICE the level of manufacturing employment we do.

2. Your opinion about what a Republican should believe is completely irrelevant to EVERYTHING. My point stands. Germany has TWICE the level of manufacturing employment that we do.

There are a lot of jobs in the manufacturing sector that our trade policy should fight for for the American worker and their families.

Last Night in Sweden? Trumps Remark Baffles a Nation
Source: New York Times

LONDON Swedes reacted with confusion, anger and ridicule on Sunday to a vague remark by President Trump that suggested that something terrible had occurred in their country.

During a campaign-style rally on Saturday in Florida, Mr. Trump issued a sharp if discursive attack on refugee policies in Europe, ticking off a list of places that have been hit by terrorists.

You look at whats happening, he told his supporters. Weve got to keep our country safe. You look at whats happening in Germany, you look at whats happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this?

Not the Swedes. Nothing particularly nefarious happened in Sweden on Friday or Saturday, for that matter and Swedes were left baffled. Sweden? Terror attack? What has he been smoking? Questions abound, Carl Bildt, a former prime minister and foreign minister, wrote on Twitter.

Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/19/...in-sweden-trumps-remark-baffles-a-nation.html

He continues to raise his status as the biggest idiot in the world.
facepalm.gif

Last Night in Sweden? Trumps Remark Baffles a Nation
Source: New York Times

LONDON Swedes reacted with confusion, anger and ridicule on Sunday to a vague remark by President Trump that suggested that something terrible had occurred in their country.

During a campaign-style rally on Saturday in Florida, Mr. Trump issued a sharp if discursive attack on refugee policies in Europe, ticking off a list of places that have been hit by terrorists.

You look at whats happening, he told his supporters. Weve got to keep our country safe. You look at whats happening in Germany, you look at whats happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this?

Not the Swedes. Nothing particularly nefarious happened in Sweden on Friday or Saturday, for that matter and Swedes were left baffled. Sweden? Terror attack? What has he been smoking? Questions abound, Carl Bildt, a former prime minister and foreign minister, wrote on Twitter.

Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/19/...in-sweden-trumps-remark-baffles-a-nation.html

He continues to raise his status as the biggest idiot in the world.
facepalm.gif

Sweden is one of the worst examples of Eurabia. Odds are something terrible DID happen in Sweden last night, perhaps in one of the no go zones.

They are being so stupid they have no right to judge ANYONE on ANYTHING.

Forum List

Back