Are you prepared?

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I wasnt sure what forum to stick this thread in. But since current events seem to be leading us to difficult times, I figured why not here?

So are you prepared for the days ahead? Things are going to get messy soon. I think that much is obvious. I don't know how bad the economy will get. It may even get better for a short time. But there is only a certain amount of time before governments through the world start collapsing and unfortunately, since we are all interconnected, there is likely to be a ripple effect through the nations.

So what are you doing to prepare? What ideas do you have?

I know some people are stocking up on guns, but is that all we will need?

Ammo.jpg

several people we know are losing their homes....one had a 2k a month house payment...another has a 1300 dollar house payment....if you get behind a payment its hard to catch up.... i am trying to stay afloat by keeping my monthly bills down...both the house, car, truck are paid for...but i do not have fancy anything...modest house....car and truck used when i got them....paid cash and moved on...i feel for the younger people with new families they are truly suffering...

The idea that people are pedaling lately of preparing to defend themselves from their neighbors makes me wonder if they haven't watched Dr. Zhivago a few too many times, where the 'reds' take the village, then the 'whites' trot back in.....

That blame game would be ludicrous, if it didn't sell so effectively.

Imho, if we do endure sinking into less than a 1st world lifestyle, it's going to be without any fireworks. In fact, we've all taken less of a lifestyle than our counterparts during the great compression had, and i don't see anyone waving that flag around at all

So what we're really contemplating is, slowly accepting a decline in lifestyle for the middle class. This is really no surprise to the Casandra's of globalism, who lamented it's penchant to create an economic common denominator bettween the 1st and 3rd worlds

Imho, our view of the American dream will simply change , or be summarily framed , to fit what the average Joe bag O Donuts can achieve here.

Personally, i felt civilization was insiduously loosing it's civility 1/4 century ago, and fled to the netherlands to be closer to the earth . But even that only allows me the comfort of being somewhat displaced from the angry crowd's din of discontent and disillusion, because sh*t rolls down hill, and gains speed as it does.....~S~

i think the economy is so ugly a lot of people wont admit how bad they are having it

I tend to agree,but, new vehicles still abound, many people having home improvements, and the list goes on, while the stock market continues to climb, hopefully not into another 'false high', and I also wonder WHO is buying into the market today, mostly foreign investment or domestic?

On the other hand, many businesses filing bankruptcy in our area, homes won't sell, health care costs, like in our case just rose by $200/mo, now about $750/mo for two people with co-pays, and we look around and observe some other 'biz's' are actually booming and making a fortune. Kind of a chaotic economy spotty highs and lows. Go figure.

I wasnt sure what forum to stick this thread in. But since current events seem to be leading us to difficult times, I figured why not here?

So are you prepared for the days ahead? Things are going to get messy soon. I think that much is obvious. I don't know how bad the economy will get. It may even get better for a short time. But there is only a certain amount of time before governments through the world start collapsing and unfortunately, since we are all interconnected, there is likely to be a ripple effect through the nations.

So what are you doing to prepare? What ideas do you have?

No I am not prepared and even if you have guns and food stocked up and gold buried in your back yard, neither are you prepared enough if the economy keeps going down.

Nothing will really prepare us for anarchy.

If you really want to prepare for the fall of civilization, be nice, I mean really really nice to your neighbors.

Because when/if civilization collapses, it will be upon those people whom your wellbeing will most depend.

In other words, the best way to weather anarchy is to create a small civilization locally to hold anarchy at bay.

THEN all your preparations might help to weather that storm.

Maybe

Last edited:
I live within my means and don't owe a dime anywhere.

Its been interesting to watch all the "facts" flying out of the media. I think the next months will be very interesting to say the least.

No I am not prepared and even if you have guns and food stocked up and gold buried in your back yard, neither are you prepared enough if the economy keeps going down.

Nothing will really prepare us for anarchy.

If you really want to prepare for the fall of civilization, be nice, I mean really really nice to your neighbors.

Because when/if civilization collapses, it will be upon those people whom your wellbeing will most depend.

In other words, the best way to weather anarchy is to create a small civilization locally to hold anarchy at bay.

THEN all your preparations might help to weather that storm.

Maybe[/QUOTE]
______________________________________________________________________________________________

I've thought about such a scenario a time or two lately.

I live in an affluent residential area but only a mile or so away is a nasty ghetto area. We know they're there and they know we're here. We're invaded every Halloween night with hordes of kids from there, cars bumper to bumper on our streets disgorging alien trick or treaters. We don't want them coming here and they know it due to various t or t restrictions we've instituted to preserve the tradition for the kids that live here.

So if something catastrophic ever did occur that lead to some degree of anarchy, I have no doubt we'd be a target for much more than our free candy. I'm prepared for such an occurrence, but only another couple or so of my neighbors are. The others just don't think anything will ever happen that they should be prepared for. Hope they're right because if they're wrong it will be too late to do much about it.

Last edited:
I live within my means and don't owe a dime anywhere.

Its been interesting to watch all the "facts" flying out of the media. I think the next months will be very interesting to say the least.

Yeah it will... stupid Chinese curse.

Forum List

Back