Are you prepared?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Avatar4321, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,205
    I wasnt sure what forum to stick this thread in. But since current events seem to be leading us to difficult times, I figured why not here?

So are you prepared for the days ahead? Things are going to get messy soon. I think that much is obvious. I don't know how bad the economy will get. It may even get better for a short time. But there is only a certain amount of time before governments through the world start collapsing and unfortunately, since we are all interconnected, there is likely to be a ripple effect through the nations.

So what are you doing to prepare? What ideas do you have?

I know some people are stocking up on guns, but is that all we will need?

2. ☭proletarian☭

☭proletarian☭ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]

3. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    Yes, I'm prepared for the days when flesh eating zombies walk the earth.

[​IMG]

4. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    A Zombie Apocalypse would be a whole new level of awesome.

5. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    That pic was actually a pro barrycare heathcare rally.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    several people we know are losing their homes....one had a 2k a month house payment...another has a 1300 dollar house payment....if you get behind a payment its hard to catch up.... i am trying to stay afloat by keeping my monthly bills down...both the house, car, truck are paid for...but i do not have fancy anything...modest house....car and truck used when i got them....paid cash and moved on...i feel for the younger people with new families they are truly suffering...

7. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    i think the economy is so ugly a lot of people wont admit how bad they are having it

8. sparky

sparky VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    The idea that people are pedaling lately of preparing to defend themselves from their neighbors makes me wonder if they haven't watched Dr. Zhivago a few too many times, where the 'reds' take the village, then the 'whites' trot back in.....

That blame game would be ludicrous, if it didn't sell so effectively.

Imho, if we do endure sinking into less than a 1st world lifestyle, it's going to be without any fireworks. In fact, we've all taken less of a lifestyle than our counterparts during the great compression had, and i don't see anyone waving that flag around at all

So what we're really contemplating is, slowly accepting a decline in lifestyle for the middle class. This is really no surprise to the Casandra's of globalism, who lamented it's penchant to create an economic common denominator bettween the 1st and 3rd worlds

Imho, our view of the American dream will simply change , or be summarily framed , to fit what the average Joe bag O Donuts can achieve here.

Personally, i felt civilization was insiduously loosing it's civility 1/4 century ago, and fled to the netherlands to be closer to the earth . But even that only allows me the comfort of being somewhat displaced from the angry crowd's din of discontent and disillusion, because sh*t rolls down hill, and gains speed as it does.....~S~

9. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +350
    I tend to agree,but, new vehicles still abound, many people having home improvements, and the list goes on, while the stock market continues to climb, hopefully not into another 'false high', and I also wonder WHO is buying into the market today, mostly foreign investment or domestic?

On the other hand, many businesses filing bankruptcy in our area, homes won't sell, health care costs, like in our case just rose by $200/mo, now about $750/mo for two people with co-pays, and we look around and observe some other 'biz's' are actually booming and making a fortune. Kind of a chaotic economy spotty highs and lows. Go figure.

10. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618

No I am not prepared and even if you have guns and food stocked up and gold buried in your back yard, neither are you prepared enough if the economy keeps going down.

Nothing will really prepare us for anarchy.

If you really want to prepare for the fall of civilization, be nice, I mean really really nice to your neighbors.

Because when/if civilization collapses, it will be upon those people whom your wellbeing will most depend.

In other words, the best way to weather anarchy is to create a small civilization locally to hold anarchy at bay.

THEN all your preparations might help to weather that storm.

Maybe

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010