are you interested in languages and dialects?

are you?

• Total voters
Yes .. I work in the IT industry, and took advantage of the 100+ free Indian, mentors in my organization to learn Hindi .. not quite fluent, but getting to a comfortable state.

Yes .. I work in the IT industry, and took advantage of the 100+ free Indian, mentors in my organization to learn Hindi .. not quite fluent, but getting to a comfortable state.
congratulations. bet you are learning more than the language as well.

they are important

i like them
important?

in paris, my cajun' and creole were treated with greater distain than english. good thing i found an algerian to translate.

can a cantonese speaker understand a mandarin speake, or pick it up quickly?.

the more ideas that we can name , the more clearly we can think about them.

they are important

i like them
I was able to do well in an official HSK2 sample test within a couple of months. Mandarin is supposed to be very difficult, If I would have remained focused (I was learning AI at the time also). I found it to be less difficult than I expected as there are certain sounds that remind me alot of French.

I love languages and wish I had focused on them growing up.

Accents in the US have all but disappeared, much to my annoyance.

Hispanics don’t have the lilt they used to have. Haven’t heard a full on Cajun accent in twenty years. Yankee girls don’t sound like Mona Lisa Vito anymore.

Accents in the US have all but disappeared, much to my annoyance.

Hispanics don’t have the lilt they used to have. Haven’t heard a full on Cajun accent in twenty years. Yankee girls don’t sound like Mona Lisa Vito anymore.
i hear a lot of dialects in new orleans, including a few real 'cajuns. we do laugh at the tv 'cajuns, though

it is the media that has "smoothed" american accents into that midwestern standard of johnny carson.

they are important

i like them

Getting out my old Latin from high school so I can understand the Latin Mass.

Áve María, grátia pléna, Dóminus técum; benedícta tu in muliéribus, et benedíctus frúctus véntris túi, Jésus.

Sáncta María, Máter Déi, óra pro nóbis peccatóribus, nunc et in hóra mórtis nóstræ. Amen.

they are important

i like them
Zimmer Skimmer

Why is Anglo-Saxon so different from German, as opposed to how similar the languages related to Latin are? Maybe when the Saxons first came to prehistoric Germany, they had a separate language. Besides the word differences, how did we get the W sound, for example, instead of W being pronounced V?

Imprimatur Ut Imperemus

I am trying, but not getting this. Give me the simple translation, please? It's been a long time and most of my Latin usage has been medical.

An old brain is really making me struggle with the liturgical pronunciations as well.

The only good thing about aging is that it beats the alternative.

Zimmer Skimmer

Why is Anglo-Saxon so different from German, as opposed to how similar the languages related to Latin are? Maybe when the Saxons first came to prehistoric Germany, they had a separate language. Besides the word differences, how did we get the W sound, for example, instead of W being pronounced V?
it is NOT different at all.

Old English iis more or less like North German

I am trying, but not getting this. Give me the simple translation, please? It's been a long time and most of my Latin usage has been medical.

Money Talks, and That's All We Hear

"We let it be printed because it helps us dominate the readers." That goes for dissent that intentionally blames the wrong people, also for escapist sensationalism that makes people run away from confronting their self-appointed rulers. Third, in a back-door way, stifling all opinions that can't be linked to what is sponsored by any one of the diversity of liars in the ruling class. So we have the best freedom of speech that money can buy.

Under thought control, anyone who gets paid to write, broadcast, film, or lecture is of the same ilk as those who get paid to have sex.

Forum List

Back