Are You a Patient Person?

Me too. I've never been very shy about speaking my mind...or dealing with people that try my patience.

Just the other day, I was on the phone with a guy from the bank because I lost my card like 3 weeks ago and ordered a replacement, and I still hadn't gotten it. Well, we go through the whole thing of me having to give him my date of birth, my account number, my mother's maiden name, blah, blah, then he wants my license number too! I said, you've got to be kidding me?! My mother's maiden name is a Polish name that is 10 letters long and pretty hard to spell. I said to him, who else is going to know how to spell (my mother's maiden name)? SO he dropped that and then they wanted to charge me 25 dollars to have them send me a card express mail. I was like, I don't think THAT is going to happen and I want to talk to a supervisor. I had lost my patience quite a lot by that point. Needless to say I got my card today and for free. :D

How patient are you?

Say you're at the jewelry kiosk in Wal-Mart, and you want to have a watch's battery replaced. No one's there. No button to call someone, either. After 4 minutes an associate comes up and says they'll go get someone to help. You wait 12 more minutes. At this point you may be pissed just standing there waiting. Then another associate comes up and says they'll go get someone. 8 more minutes go by. No one comes.

How would you react in a situation like this? Or waiting in a long line? Or caring for someone who belittles you? At the end of the eighth minute I cursed under my breath and left. It was driving me nuts. :lol:

How would you react?

Are you patient?

Generally speaking, no. I can be, if I see a reason for it. I tend to give people a lot of leeway before blowing up on them, for instance.

However, when it comes to traffic, waiting in line, or pretty much anything else, I'm not patient at all. I'm actually fairly aggressive. lol

The weird thing with me is that when it comes to all manner of taxing caregiving, I'm really patient.

Yet I find myself speeding, going nuts at red lights, and more frequently passing slow cars. It's like I just don't want to wait for life to pass me by. Either there's different kinds of patience, or it's a part of behavioral conditioning... maybe?

I used to be very impatient. Jail teaches one the art of patience :-(

Meditation helps too :)

I'm very patient, up to the point where some ass-hat, starts thinking that I'm his b***** and then, all of a sudden, I completely snap, black out and next thing you know - I have very large bills to pay. :(

Forum List

Back