are you a member of the tea party?

logan

Rookie
May 9, 2010
if so just what are you wanting to see the tea party do ? i like some of the tings the tea party says but it needs to be more organized. i have seen may videos of tea party's and everyone seems to think its for something different.

so what are you trying to have the tea party do?

if so just what are you wanting to see the tea party do ? i like some of the tings the tea party says but it needs to be more organized. i have seen may videos of tea party's and everyone seems to think its for something different.

First, it is a political movement and not a political party. We currently have two parties in the US. Both are corrupt and self-serving, so why would we want to make the Tea party movement into yet another corrupt self-serving political party?

All the organization needed for political expression by the people is provided the US Constitution in the form of powers denied government and reserved to the people. The hard work has been done for us by people who risked everything to create a system of self-governance that provides us with unprecedented personal freedom and prosperity. The function of the Tea Party movement is to be a vehicle through which the people speak and take back what has been lost to over-reaching government.

First, it is a political movement and not a political party. We currently have two parties in the US. Both are corrupt and self-serving, so why would we want to make the Tea party movement into yet another corrupt self-serving political party?

All the organization needed for political expression by the people is provided the US Constitution in the form of powers denied government and reserved to the people. The hard work has been done for us by people who risked everything to create a system of self-governance that provides us with unprecedented personal freedom and prosperity. The function of the Tea Party movement is to be a vehicle through which the people speak and take back what has been lost to over-reaching government.

Really, what is the point?
YOu guys are all republicans in sheep's clothing, anyways.

Yeah, but we got the independents on our side too.

Tea Partiers Are Fairly Mainstream in Their Demographics

Actually, mo chara, no they aren't. I support the TEA Parties - and I'm not a republican.

I have been to several tea party rallies and agree with their agenda of limiting the size and scope of government, cutting spending to get taxes lower, and our governmnet eliminating their defecit spending and unfunded budgets.

I want to see the tea party help remove/replace any politicians who do not live up to the above expectations, just like they did to that RINO guy in utah the other day, i think his name was bennett.

Actually, mo chara, no they aren't. I support the TEA Parties - and I'm not a republican.

Fair question.......were you at one time? I know not all states are like mine, but you have to be a Democrat or a Republican to vote in the primary races. General elections are open to any party affiliation. I know a good number of Tea Party folks in my nec of the woods and while they won't claim the Republican party in today's environment, every single one of them WERE registered Republicans.

I have been to several tea party rallies and agree with their agenda of limiting the size and scope of government, cutting spending to get taxes lower, and our governmnet eliminating their defecit spending and unfunded budgets.

I want to see the tea party help remove/replace any politicians who do not live up to the above expectations, just like they did to that RINO guy in utah the other day, i think his name was bennett.

If you read that "RINO's" stand and vote on the issues, you'll find he is right in line with mainstream conservatism. He was the victim of incumbent ire. The baby was thrown out with the bathwater. Mob mentality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Bennett_(politician)

If you read that "RINO's" stand and vote on the issues, you'll find he is right in line with mainstream conservatism. He was the victim of incumbent ire. The baby was thrown out with the bathwater. Mob mentality.

Bob Bennett (politician) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No he is in line with the progressives in the republican party, his votes and statements did not respect several conservative values. The people of Utah didn't approve and got rid of him....as it should be with every sitting politician every election cycle.

No he is in line with the progressives in the republican party, his votes and statements did not respect several conservative values. The people of Utah didn't approve and got rid of him....as it should be with every sitting politician every election cycle.

Reaaaalllllyyyyy? You obviously ignored the provided link. The record says something different.

Abortion
Bennett has been a strong opponent of abortion, and has supported measures to restrict it. These include requirements of parental notification for one to take place and bans on allowing minors to cross state lines to obtain the procedure and late-term abortions. However, he has shown some support for embryonic stem cell research.

Civil rights
On December 16, 2009, Bennett was the sole vote (of any party) on the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee to oppose the Domestic Partnership Benefits and Obligations Act (S. 1102), which would provide benefits to the domestic partners of gay and lesbian federal employees.

Although he has voted in favor of expanding funding to women and minority-owned businesses, Bennett has generally rejected affirmative action proposals involving quotas.

Bennett has supported Bush Administration wiretapping proposals. He was one of only three Republican senators to vote against a proposed constitutional ban on flag burning. He stated that he supports legislation to ban U.S. flag desecration on federal property, and desecration of federally-owned flags.

On March 25, 2010, during the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 debate, the U.S. Senate defeated an attempt by Bennett[11] to "suspend the issuance of marriage licenses to any couple of the same sex until the people of the District of Columbia have the opportunity to hold a referendum or initiative on the question".

Taxes and the economy
Bennett has been a supporter of flat taxation and has been a leading voice for the repeal of the Inheritance Tax, Alternative Minimum Tax, and "marriage penalty". He has publicly stated that he sees it as unfair for the tax burden to fall on the wealthiest one percent of the population (for whom inheritance taxes are an issue). Bennett has also voted against minimum wage increases and bills that would increase the ease in which workers could organize.

A free trade advocate, Bennett has voted in favor of CAFTA, presidential fast-tracking for normalizing trade relations, and removing common goods from national security export controls. He has favored recent trade deals with countries such as Chile, Singapore, and Oman.

Health care
Bennett has been an opponent of public health care and has blamed government policies for the high cost of insurance. He has voted against proposals to expand government health care, such as those that would let Medicare negotiate in bulk with drug companies or those that would enroll more children in federally-provided insurance. He also voted against the State Children's Health Insurance Program. During his most recent Senate campaign, he stated that high taxes were causing insurers to pass the costs off to customers. He also believed that new drugs were not being properly developed because pharmaceutical companies feared lawsuits if unexpected side effects occurred.

Bennett is the lead Republican sponsor of the Healthy Americans Act, championed by Democratic Senator Ron Wyden.

Immigration and homeland security
Generally, Bennett has supported tighter immigration control. He voted in favor of the fence along the US-Mexico border, making English the nation's official language, and denying citizenship rights to guest workers. However, he voted to uphold the legalization of nonimmigrant guest worker status.

Bennett has been a supporter of the PATRIOT Act. He also voted no on limiting the tours of duty for soldiers in Iraq and on granting habeas corpus rights to detainees in Guantanamo Bay.

Energy and the environment
Bennett has voted against energy standards proposals. He is against CAFE, defining goals for a 40 percent reduction in oil use by 2025, and factoring global warming into government planning. Bennett supports ANWR drilling and using nuclear power as an energy solution. He also voted against providing emergency energy funding to Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina.

I haven't been to any rallies, but I support what they believe: "The Tea Party movement supports constitutionally limited government, balanced budgets and free markets." They recently had a huge win:

Tea party movement ousts Sen. Bob Bennett in Utah - CSMonitor.com

He supported the TARP bailout and the HC bill, hardly conservative with that voting. Bennett lied when he 1st ran for office as he stated he would only run for 2 terms, he was on his 4th when ousted. That's the problem is that the libs paint all Repubs as conservative which could not be farther from the truth. Do you think Bush was a conservative? How about McCain?

BTW, mob mentality is what put Obama in office but if you want to call a majority who are fed up with all politicians (not just ones with D beside their names) by that name, feel free. The current political landscape is about to be plowed under. If we get enough out of office, the new ones hopefully will have no one to help corrupt them in the "way Washington works". It is past time to elect those who will uphold what they are sworn to and who will work for the people, not their own self interest.

Hell yes, I fully support the Teabaggers. Jump in all the primaries, get those damned RINOs out, put in real Conservatives. Thank you, thank you:eusa_drool:

Forum List

Back