Are We Out of Iraq Yet Obama???

oh dear another Vietnam??? I think ill protest :lol::lol: I don't think president Pelosi will allow it anyway. bring em all home. ive had it up to here with the US being the world's cop to. fuck the EU and the ME. let em fight it.

and why we are stil in Afghanistan is ridiculous. Obama ramping up to fight a drug war now against people who eat dirt and rocks. It now has Vietnam written all over it.

We should be pulling our boys out of Iraq yesterday. I'm getting really sick of Democrat neocons prolonging this tragedy.

Since the June pull back of US forces from Iraq cities, there have been 17 US casualties. The war is all but offcially over. All that is left is the logistics and the responsible clean up of Bush's mess.
Hmmm. And over 100 Iraqis died in a single blast:
Article

Nearly 100 die in Iraq blasts

By HAMZA HENDAWI and KIM GAMEL

Published: Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 1:00 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 at 6:25 p.m.
The Associated Press

BAGHDAD -- Nearly simultaneous truck bombs struck Iraq's capital Wednesday, with the explosions killing at least 95 people.

More than 400 people were wounded in the blasts, ....

"The criminal acts that took place today require us to re-evaluate our plans and security mechanisms in order to confront the terrorist challenges and to increase cooperation between security forces and the Iraqi people," he said.

He said the government had placed Iraq's army and police forces on high alert.

(shoot, can't put the link in, but add http and www in front of this: heraldtribune.com/article/20090820/ARTICLE/908201046/-1/NEWSSITEMAP)

Some must not care about the Iraqis any longer, either.

Sincerity?

Last edited:
Blaming Iraq on Bush and GOP is more hypocrisy. They all voted for it, Democrats too, they all came out in droves against Saddam's WMD, and no votes on Iraq were ever close, whether on spending or the invasion. The only time Democrats ever opposed Bush seriously was with Terry Schiavo and SCHIPs. Other than that, Bush could always count on Dem support from day one to the last day of eight years.

The anti-war rhetoric and Obama's previous statements on withdrawal were all obvious lies. And the media's stance is truly enlightening.

So, NO ONE voted against the Iraq War?

Blaming Iraq on Bush and GOP is more hypocrisy. They all voted for it, Democrats too, they all came out in droves against Saddam's WMD, and no votes on Iraq were ever close, whether on spending or the invasion. The only time Democrats ever opposed Bush seriously was with Terry Schiavo and SCHIPs. Other than that, Bush could always count on Dem support from day one to the last day of eight years.

The anti-war rhetoric and Obama's previous statements on withdrawal were all obvious lies. And the media's stance is truly enlightening.

Obama is following the Bush/Petreaus Pullout Plan. The Bush/Petreaus plan was to have all the troops out of the cities by the end of 2009 and let the iraqis take over in the cities. Then by 2012/2013 we were supposed to have a minimal presence, much like our presence in Germany, Japan, Korea, ect.

Good Job keeping people aware of the promises that were made and the rhetoric that was used. Even better pointing out the change of rhetoric and positions since obama took office.

I've spoken with Obama voters lately, and they are embarrassed now. They regret it, just like many regretted voting Bush. I just look them in the eye, and shake my head in disgust. Everything I warned them would happen is here.

Blue Dogs are still Democrats when it comes right down to it, so let's see how bad we get screwed on this healthcare deal. The real screwing will be the VAT. Watch that one.

I've gotten the same response from the Obama voters I know, I told them they would rue the day they voted that clown in, and I was right. As usual.

And I've gotten the same response from the McCain voters I know....at least those that will admit it. Surprisingly, considering how many McCain/Palin stickers were on cars around here before election day, they are all gone. Not one left on any cars I see. They couldn't scrape those suckers off fast enough!

Obama has stated that it would take a year or so to get all troops out of Iraq.

He also did promise to contribute more troops to Afghanistan. So his present course of his action comes to no surprise to those people who look beyond the sound bytes.

And before you cry "Obamabot Liberal!" I object to more troops in Afghanistan and do wish we'd get out of Iraq.

I don't think Barry ever said he'd pull ALL the troops out of Iraq...

True that the GOP also used it as a tool.

But still the bigger pic is the cred. The GOP still cares about the war, still discusses it, still gives it priority status as an issue (as much as an impotent minority can). The sincerity about this issue's importance is genuine.

Not so for the Dems.

:rofl: You actually think the GOP cares about the war. The only reason they still discuss it is to BASH OBAMA despite the fact that the majority of them voted for it.

There is no sincerity about this issue because Republicans avoided the issue of the Iraq War and tried to distance themselves as far from Bush in the 2006 mid-term elections and 2008 elections as if Bush had Swine Flu.

If you truly believe the GOP give a shit, then they definitely have you fooled. It is merely a talking point for them. As Willy has stated basically, the war has moved to Afghanistan.

As much as we'd all love to be out of Iraq tomorrow, all that is left is logistics and we're gone. It's Afghanistan we need to focus on now.
[Emphasis mine] Not quite the picture that I see. Please expand on your simplification.

Last edited:

That's because the Democrats are weak spine individuals. Bush was the one making all the speeches asking for Congress for the ability to start a war. So yes, I do blame the man who started it. If you also recall, only ONE Republican did not vote for the war. I am proud to say it was the senator at the time from my state. So no, it's not hypocrisy to blame the people who brought this war down upon us.

Obama has stated that it would take a year or so to get all troops out of Iraq.

He also did promise to contribute more troops to Afghanistan. So his present course of his action comes to no surprise to those people who look beyond the sound bytes.

And before you cry "Obamabot Liberal!" I object to more troops in Afghanistan and do wish we'd get out of Iraq.

I don't think Barry ever said he'd pull ALL the troops out of Iraq...
Thank goodness for the observant! BHO said he would pull all combat troops out. Sleight of hand, and no one notices.

What, three Democrats voted against the Iraq war? They wanted him to go to the UN, Bush did. He got their approval, and the rest is history. Democrats backed Bush the entire time he was in office. There was no massive majority by GOP, everything happened with Dem collusion.

I know Dems don't like to hear that, but go check out the votes during Bush's tour.

Only a bidenhole would deny the massive Democrat and media push for the Iraq war.

Ahh, so Obama following the Bush Plan for Iraq is OK now.

Anyone else confused? ;)

What, three Democrats voted against the Iraq war? They wanted him to go to the UN, Bush did. He got their approval, and the rest is history. Democrats backed Bush the entire time he was in office. There was no massive majority by GOP, everything happened with Dem collusion.

I know Dems don't like to hear that, but go check out the votes during Bush's tour.

Only a bidenhole would deny the massive Democrat and media push for the Iraq war.

Uh, Bush never got the UN approval. The inspectors kept saying "We haven't found any WMDs." Bush said "I'll find them!"

And we all know how that turned out. Also, I'm not denying that Democrats didn't support the Iraq War. However, do note that all the reasons Bush gave us about why we should invade Iraq ended up being lies which you ignore.

Hell, they demanded another debate in the Senate, in advance of the '02 elections, so they could all on board with their "meee toooo"s.

How many of them have since been voted out of office??....In fact, didn't they run the dipshit who cast one of those "aye" votes -Lurch Kerry- as their standard bearer in '04??

You want to go with that number? Three? You sure?

Yooo Hooo! Titanic Sailor? You want to go with three democrats voted no?

Last edited:
Resolution 1441, which was a UNANIMOUS Security Council vote by the way, was the trigger for US coalition moves against Saddam.

Was anyone else on this planet during the Iraq war?

Do I need to go get the link for the Iraq war vote, any funding bill, the surge, etc.?

Where did the left go on Iraq? Looks like they abandoned ship on that issue now that Obama following the Bush plan for Iraq. Hell, where did the media go on this issue?

;)

In order to end this war responsibly, I will immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq. We can responsibly remove 1 to 2 combat brigades each month. If we start with the number of brigades we have in Iraq today, we can remove all of them 16 months. After this redeployment, we will leave enough troops in Iraq to guard our embassy and diplomats, and a counter-terrorism force to strike al Qaeda if it forms a base that the Iraqis cannot destroy. What I propose is not – and never has been – a precipitous drawdown. It is instead a detailed and prudent plan that will end a war nearly seven years after it started.

My plan to end this war will finally put pressure on Iraq's leaders to take responsibility for their future. Because we've learned that when we tell Iraq's leaders that we'll stay as long as it takes, they take as long as they want. We need to send a different message. We will help Iraq reach a meaningful accord on national reconciliation. We will engage with every country in the region – and the UN – to support the stability and territorial integrity of Iraq. And we will launch a major humanitarian initiative to support Iraq's refugees and people. But Iraqis must take responsibility for their country. It is precisely this kind of approach – an approach that puts the onus on the Iraqis, and that relies on more than just military power – that is needed to stabilize Iraq.

Let me be clear: ending this war is not going to be easy. There will be dangers involved. We will have to make tactical adjustments, listening to our commanders on the ground, to ensure that our interests in a stable Iraq are met, and to make sure that our troops are secure. Senator Clinton has tried to use my position to score political points, suggesting that I am somehow less committed to ending the war. She makes this argument despite the fact that she has taken the same position in the past. So ask yourself: who do you trust to end a war – someone who opposed the war from the beginning, or someone who started opposing it when they started preparing a run for President?

Full Text of Obama’s Iraq Speech - The Page by Mark Halperin - TIME.com

Forum List

Back