Are We Out of Iraq Yet Obama???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Titanic Sailor, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Titanic Sailor

Titanic Sailor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +149
    I think the complete dismissal of Cindy Sheehan by Democrats clearly shows the hypocrisy of the left. It's a good education for all that back these Democrats, that they are no more than tools for obtaining power for rich, social elitists, and your views mean little to them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Mr. Capitalism

Mr. Capitalism Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57

Sheehan was dismissed by a majority of the left since she came on the scene. The few that did supporter took an even greater hit as her rhetoric became more and more inflammatory and honestly unhinged. There is no hypocrisy there.

3. Titanic Sailor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Yup, sure. And the media left her cause in the dirt. So what was the inflammatory rhetoric that shifted the left from Sheehan, and how did she all of a sudden become unhinged in your view?

4. Dr.House

Dr.House Lives on in syndication!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,488
    Sheehan may have been dismissed, but the rally cry of "End This War" was most certainly a daily utterance by most of the left...

Strangely, the call has gone into whisper mode since 1/20/2009....

5. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    A BHO groupie recently told me when I asked, "No one cares about the wars any more". My jaw dropped. And, she was deadly serious (not too bright, either).

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  6. Titanic Sailor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +149
    I've spoken with Obama voters lately, and they are embarrassed now. They regret it, just like many regretted voting Bush. I just look them in the eye, and shake my head in disgust. Everything I warned them would happen is here.

Blue Dogs are still Democrats when it comes right down to it, so let's see how bad we get screwed on this healthcare deal. The real screwing will be the VAT. Watch that one.

7. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Obama has stated that it would take a year or so to get all troops out of Iraq.

He also did promise to contribute more troops to Afghanistan. So his present course of his action comes to no surprise to those people who look beyond the sound bytes.

And before you cry "Obamabot Liberal!" I object to more troops in Afghanistan and do wish we'd get out of Iraq.

8. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    Most of this is true, but the bigger picture here is the fact that the BHO groupies don't "use" the war rhetoric any longer.

The war was just a tool. Now that tool isn't needed because their guy is in.

Makes cred in the sincerity department non-existent.

9. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    While you can tell your little stories and act as if that is the general consensus, I can tell you right out that I would rather have Obama then McCain/Palin still.

The majority of Obama voters would agree with me as well. The amount of knowledge that McCain/Palin when it came to the financial crisis was slim to none. Heck, the biggest bashers of McCain when it came to the Economy weren't Democrats or Liberals but Romney supporters.

While at the moment, I am unhappy with Obama considering he is continuing many of the Bush era policies, etc, he is football fields better than McCain/Palin.

10. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Obama should have just declared victory in Iraq and pulled out immediately.

The problem with that is, "victory" isn't in the far-left vocabulary when it comes to armed conflict.