Are Ukraine war casualties unimportant to you?

What should we do if Russia starts winning that war? Have you considered that possibility?
I understand you want to argue that the US would be forced to send in US soldiers because you think that would be bad for Biden, but the US and other Ukraine allies are so far technologically advanced over Russia that there is nothing Russia is capable of doing in Ukraine that can't be countered by sending better weapons, primarily longer range weapons.

The Russia-Ukraine conflict (has either side actually declared war?) has caused millions of people to suffer death, injury and other casualties becaevenuse of a territorial dispute. The people of both countries will have to decide when enough is enough, but do Americans even care about this carnage? It seems like those details don't even enter into our discussions about that conflict. Instead, we argue about lofty ideals like "saving democracy" and how much more money and weapons we should send over there. What about the human cost of extending this conflict?
How to respond, can be summed up in three words.
Kuwait, Gulf War !

I understand you want to argue that the US would be forced to send in US soldiers because you think that would be bad for Biden, but the US and other Ukraine allies are so far technologically advanced over Russia that there is nothing Russia is capable of doing in Ukraine that can't be countered by sending better weapons, primarily longer range weapons.
In other words, you haven't considered the possibility that Russia might defeat Ukraine. Great planning approach.

Zelensky already answered those questions early in the conflict with his now famous statements.
Zelensky rejects US evacuation offer: I need ammunition, 'not a ride'.

"We need heavy artillery, armored vehicles, air defense systems and combat aircraft. Anything to repel Russian forces and stop their war crimes,”

In other words, you haven't considered the possibility that Russia might defeat Ukraine. Great planning approach.
And what would the "defeat of Ukraine" look like? We know the tenacity of the Ukraine army and the Ukraine people. That as long as they have a weapon in their hand, and the ammunition to use it, they will never give up the fight to liberate their homeland.

I have considered it and rejected it as not plausible. If you were thinking of this conflict in terms of its own merits instead of which argument might benefit Trump or harm Biden, I'm sure you would agree with me.

Near Marinka near Donetsk, Russian fighters turned a tank, stuffed it with 6 tons of TNT and other useful gifts, and then sent it back to Ukrainian positions on autopilot.
The tank missed the enemy a bit by detonating on a mine, and the detonation occurred after an RPG shot. Nearby everything was clearly demined and the positions were damaged. Experiments with the creation of kamikaze drones continue.

The Russia-Ukraine conflict (has either side actually declared war?) has caused millions of people to suffer death, injury and other casualties becaevenuse of a territorial dispute. The people of both countries will have to decide when enough is enough, but do Americans even care about this carnage? It seems like those details don't even enter into our discussions about that conflict. Instead, we argue about lofty ideals like "saving democracy" and how much more money and weapons we should send over there. What about the human cost of extending this conflict?
Why dont you take your complaints to the russians who started the war and are occupying Ukraine territory?

Interesting events unfold against the backdrop of a special military operation. Israeli Ambassador to Ukraine Mikhail Brodsky spoke out in defense of Nazi war criminals Stepan Bandera and Roman Shukhevich.

As the Israeli ambassador noted, Bandera and Shukhevich were indeed Nazis. They sought to make Ukraine an independent state without Communists, Poles and Jews. But today, according to the Israeli ambassador, the situation has changed. Ukraine is in search of its own "heroes.

We do not like these heroes, but for the majority of Ukrainians they are heroes who fought for independence. - Brodsky emphasized.

The Israeli ambassador noted that Bandera streets exist in many Ukrainian cities and in a number of other countries, including the United States. Thus, the representative of the Jewish state veiledly admitted that not only the West but also Israel is ready to "turn a blind eye" to the rehabilitation of Nazism in Ukraine.

Such statements are a betrayal of the historical memory of the Jewish people, who lost millions of people to Nazi war crimes. I wonder how the residents of Israel, whose ancestors died at the hands of the Banderites, can now perceive such statements by a man who is an Israeli diplomat and who reflects the official position of the country's authorities. If I were a Jew in Israel, I would consider starting a campaign to have Mr. Brodsky recalled from his post.
---
I wonder for how many pieces of silver this nit would pee on the graves of the Jews at Auschwits?

Why dont you take your complaints to the russians who started the war and are occupying Ukraine territory?
My complaint is about the U.S. inserting itself into a regional conflict wherein we have no national security interests and may be contributing to additional casualties in that conflict. Why is that so difficult for you and your fellow cheerleaders to comprehend?

My complaint is about the U.S. inserting itself into a regional conflict wherein we have no national security interests and may be contributing to additional casualties in that conflict. Why is that so difficult for you and your fellow cheerleaders to comprehend?
It's not difficult to understand but it is difficult to stomach. People like you said the same thing in the 1930's, that what was happening in Europe and Asia were just regional conflicts that posed no security threat to the US and therefore the US should not send military supplies to Britain and Russia and China to fight off the aggressors because it will just prolong the war and cause more casualties, that the US should just allow the Nazis and Japanese to take over most of the world since they were no threat to the US. By your reasoning, the real monsters in WWII were not the Nazis or Japanese but the US soldiers who made the war last longer and therefore caused more casualties.

When Trump talks fondly about his German heritage, do you think he is also thinking the US was wrong to have stopped the Germans from taking over Europe?

Did the US insert itself over the objections of the Ukraines?

Of course not

Russia invaded Ukraine and they turned to NATO and the US for help

Is it in our best interests to prevent russian expansion by using military force?

I think so

Is it in our best interests to prevent russian expansion by using military force?
I think so
I wonder if this stupidity is acquired or congenital. U.S. military bases surround Russia with 800 of them, and after that "Russia makes an expansion!"... A country of unscared idiots.

Last edited:
I wonder if this stupidity is acquired or congenital. U.S. military bases surround Russia with 800 of them, and after that "Russia makes an expansion!"... A country of unscared idiots.
I dont know where you get this sense of superiority from

Because it sure isnt evident from the things you post

Russia is trying to occupy Ukraine by force

Which is nothing like the US being invited into countries for their mutual protection

I dont know where you get this sense of superiority from

Because it sure isnt evident from the things you post

Russia is trying to occupy Ukraine by force

Which is nothing like the US being invited into countries for their mutual protection

Sure... just like Cuba invited the Soviets and Grenada, Nicaragua invited the cuban government... "for their mutual protection".

Funny how military bases located thousands of miles away from the US borders and full of american soldiers magically acquire a "benign", "benevolent" nature.

Sure... just like Cuba invited the Soviets and Grenada, Nicaragua invited the cuban government... "for their mutual protection".

Funny how military bases located thousands of miles away from the US borders and full of american soldiers magically acquire a "benign", "benevolent" nature.
The countries where US bases are located are happy to have them

Originally posted by Mac-7
The countries where US bases are located are happy to have them

So were Cuba, Grenada and Nicaragua when they received Soviet/Cuban military help.

The problem was America, just like Russia today, was not.

Forum List

Back