Are there any Scientologists here??

Scientology is a criminal enterprise labeled as a religion.

L Ron Hubbard was a con man

To Avatar

Please admit--the talk of "Brainwashed Dead alien souls that cover the human body" is totally nuts.

It is probably one of the nuttiest myth I heard coming from anything that is religious like(most myths are products of elaborate adornments of people or places or humans. This is the first myth that displaces man in favor for something outside of man actual experience!!)

I have yet to believe that Scientologists actually believe this, but the claim by so many people(and it does not help if their founder is repeating the story) are saying it.

Last edited:
To Avatar

Please admit--the talk of "Brainwashed Dead alien souls that cover the human body" is totally nuts.

It is probably one of the nuttiest myth I heard coming from anything that is religious like(most myths are products of elaborate adornments of people or places or humans. This is the first myth that displaces man in favor for something outside of man actual experience!!)

I have yet to believe that Scientologists actually believe this, but the claim by so many people(and it does not help if their founder is repeating the story) are saying it.

If you sign up, drop a $100,000 for classes and reach OT-8 or whatever, you can come back and tell us.

Actually, you can't. The racket doesn't really work if people divulge secrets that others are supposed to pay for.

To Avatar

If you sign up, drop a $100,000 for classes and reach OT-8 or whatever, you can come back and tell us.

Actually, you can't. The racket doesn't really work if people divulge secrets that others are supposed to pay for.

That is another thing as well--if you have to pay for information that leads to your betterment, does this not become a self help philosophy for profit and not a religion or charitable organization?

Information in and about a religion is free, only in the case of stuying to become a theologian or soliciting advice from some very notable personage in a religion would you see a price tag come up. But if everything in Scientology has a price tag, what makes it any different than say a private school?

Can you become a member and recieve Scientology information for free? If not, then I would not consider this practicing as a normal religion.

To Avatar

That is another thing as well--if you have to pay for information that leads to your betterment, does this not become a self help philosophy for profit and not a religion or charitable organization?

Information in and about a religion is free, only in the case of stuying to become a theologian or soliciting advice from some very notable personage in a religion would you see a price tag come up. But if everything in Scientology has a price tag, what makes it any different than say a private school?

Can you become a member and recieve Scientology information for free? If not, then I would not consider this practicing as a normal religion.

I am not an expert, but my understanding is that, you can join for free. Once you join, you are leaned on to pay for more information. Information in Scientology is not free. The internet is full of testimonials about people who dumped tons of money into the program and then figured out it was a scam.

As for being a religion. In the opinion of scientology, it's a religion because the IRS granted it tax exempt status. You can google the video where David Miscavage goes on about that. He was positively giddy. As if tax exempt status makes something a legitimate religion. Though I suspect the root of his giddyness was knowing he'd get to sham out on his taxes.

I am not an expert, but my understanding is that, you can join for free. Once you join, you are leaned on to pay for more information. Information in Scientology is not free. The internet is full of testimonials about people who dumped tons of money into the program and then figured out it was a scam.

As for being a religion. In the opinion of scientology, it's a religion because the IRS granted it tax exempt status. You can google the video where David Miscavage goes on about that. He was positively giddy. As if tax exempt status makes something a legitimate religion. Though I suspect the root of his giddyness was knowing he'd get to sham out on his taxes.

Which is why it's a great thing Anonymous (God bless them or something) made this

[youtube]uFVyZ5iZcw8[/youtube]

To be clear, I am not really harping on the sillyness of what Scientology believes. When you boil it down, every religion believes something silly. When looked through the prism of a couple of centuries, "Lord Xenu" is an article of faith just as the virgin birth is.

My objection to Scientology is their Nazi-assed tactics against anyone that dares stand up to them and their blatant lies/propaganda campaign against medical science (especially psychiatric medicine).

I wish the medical establishment would make a visible stand with them. It is my belief that psychiatry is only their first target. In the end they want total control.

It makes about as much sense as any other religion.

Take care because if you go through symbiolism, it makes little sense as well. In fact, the whole Xenu story rubs up against the necessity for Earth based humans to exists. We are are not part of the Space confederation and the question whether or not we are thetans is obscured(It seems like the believers are all thetans and related to the aliens. Finally, the process of scientology seems to suggest that you need to rid yourself of thetans in order to be free and in total control of ones faculties. But if humans souls are also thetans then this could easily evolve to ridding yourself of humans and human dependence. Thus the possibility of an anti-social Theology.)

I think the acceptance of the Xenu story is the sign of a true believer that could disassociate himself from the rest of humanity. Forget what the religious say to you, check the theology--this is the only true key to what they think and what they are capable of. Yet it is expensive to obtain their theology to verify any truth.

To be clear, I am not really harping on the sillyness of what Scientology believes. When you boil it down, every religion believes something silly. When looked through the prism of a couple of centuries, "Lord Xenu" is an article of faith just as the virgin birth is.

My objection to Scientology is their Nazi-assed tactics against anyone that dares stand up to them and their blatant lies/propaganda campaign against medical science (especially psychiatric medicine).

I wish the medical establishment would make a visible stand with them. It is my belief that psychiatry is only their first target. In the end they want total control.

most of the information on psychiatric history and medications published by scientology is completely accurate

If there were any Scientologists here we've probably scared them off with this thread's hostility.

Forum List

Back