Are There Any Honest Liberals Left?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
A generation ago, there was honest philosophical debate between liberals and conservatives about the role of government and the overall well being of the American people. This generally continued through the Reagan years, but began to unravel shortly thereafter.

Bill Clinton was ( and still is) a master politician, but his personal history and actions became an anathema to roughly half of the population. After 12 years of Republican control of the White House, heretofore honest liberals were faced with a Hobson's Choice of defending a personally corrupt individual or surrendering the field back to their philosophical opponents. Unfortunately, most chose the former route (e.g., NOW) and thus forfeited the moral high ground they had previously claimed.

Since that time, the great philosophical debate has devolved into a raw quest for power, with electoral success by any means becoming the paramount objective. Richard Nixon would be proud of them.

Last edited:
Integrity use to matter in America. Obviously I'm not referring to the politicians but to the American people.
It's sad when the use of the IRS to suppress the vote only draws complaints from the victims. It certainly says a lot about the direction our country is going.
I've come to the conclusion that the divide in this country has almost become insurmountable.

Integrity use to matter in America. Obviously I'm not referring to the politicians but to the American people.
It's sad when the use of the IRS to suppress the vote only draws complaints from the victims. It certainly says a lot about the direction our country is going.
I've come to the conclusion that the divide in this country has almost become insurmountable.

That is what I have been saying for a long time. The division is permanent and irreversible.

A generation ago, there was honest philosophical debate between liberals and conservatives about the role of government and the overall well being of the American people. This generally continued through the Reagan years, but began to unravel shortly thereafter.

Bill Clinton was ( and still is) a master politician, but his personal history and actions became an anathema to roughly half of the population. After 12 years of Republican control of the White House, heretofore honest liberals were faced with a Hobson's Choice of defending a personally corrupt individual or surrendering the field back to their philosophical opponents. Unfortunately, most chose the former route (e.g., NOW) and thus forfeited the moral high ground they had previously claimed.

Since that time, the great philosophical debate has devolved into a raw quest for power, with electoral success by any means becoming the paramount objective. Richard Nixon would be proud of them.

Show everyone you're not trolling by naming those "honest liberals".

That is precisely my point: I can't think of any on this board.

Are there any good and decent pedophiles left?

Are there any well-adjusted and loving serial killers left?

Are there any charitable and humble gang-bangers left?

That is what I have been saying for a long time. The division is permanent and irreversible.

Yep and it's getting steadily worse.
The idea of obama care is horrible. But to think that the IRS is going to be running the show is intolerable,and if the American people stand for it we are screwed!

You said there were honest liberals in the past and their names were....

Last edited:

Only if good people give up.

Immie

There are plenty. Too many to name them all but I will throw in a couple Care4all and Geauxtohell, but I am not certain they are posting much anymore. There are honest conservatives too. Unfortunately they are being drowned out.

Immie

Immie

Or are put in jail. Just ask the "good" Germans about that.

Immie
I don't know that I can agree with that assessment.

Did you happen to catch any of the testimony in Congress this morning by a very small delegation of people who have been singled out by the might of our government for daring to believe what they do?

One woman said, and I paraphrase, "I do not come before you as a serf or a vassal, petitioning my Lords for an audience. I come here as a born free American citizen, to remind you of your place in our society."

Powerful words and a strong sentiment. One which, in the past, would have given Me heart that the will of the American people to resist tyranny has not been broken.

It was met by the arrogance of one of the committee members who essentially blamed abuse against these people on them. For having the audacity to want to influence the direction of their country.

In the face of power being abused, people here defend it in the name of their party.

There is no rift worthy of healing here.

Last edited:

Post your examples of my dishonesty.

Somewhat slanted. Why limit it to liberals? Are there any honest ideologes on either side? Pretty much the answer is "no".

Forum List

Back