Are there any fellow vets in this forum?

There are lots of veterans on this board.

I served from 1975 to 1979 in Headquarters Battery in the 3d Battalion 16th Field Artillery 8th Infantry Division in Baumholder, Germany as an 82 Charlie (Forward Observer) and later in Military Intelligence, S2.

I totally believe in the Draft and believe ALL Americans should have the opportunity to serve their country.

of interest:

According to an analysis of campaign contributions by the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics, Democrat Barack Obama has received nearly six times as much money from troops deployed overseas at the time of their contributions than has Republican John McCain,

Troops Deployed Abroad Give 6:1 to Obama - OpenSecrets Blog | OpenSecrets

Last edited by a moderator:
[...]

I totally believe in the Draft and believe ALL Americans should have the opportunity to serve their country.

[...]
I fully agree! You are one of the few who understands the benefits of a Peoples' Army over the semi-mercenary Government's Army we have now.

If the draft were in place Bush could not have gotten approval to launch the Iraq invasion.

I fully agree! You are one of the few who understands the benefits of a Peoples' Army over the semi-mercenary Government's Army we have now. If the draft were in place Bush could not have gotten approval to launch the Iraq invasion.
You mean like the draft was in place and we didn't go to Vietnam?
One of my supervisors was a Vietnam vet and he said the draftees were the worst troops. They didn't want to do anything or listen to anyone.

You lefties want the draft because you think it's a way to fuck up the Military.

et al,

Like many of you, I retired from the Army and served in Vietnam. I have also been to Iraq and Afghanistan.
You lefties want the draft because you think it's a way to fuck up the Military.
(COMMENT)

I served with Draftees. Back then, the military was a composite reflection of the community. So you had the good and the bad.

People that consider the draft a viable option have an opinion that need expressed.

The Draftee and the Reservist had their uses and made their contribution. They don't turn-out clone thinking. They are not so far inside the box, that they can't tell they are in a box.

Most Respectfully,
R

my "fart stack" :lmao:
good one.

What skills do you need in the army? Take orders and shoot people. I'm surprised you even have to have a high school diploma to get into the army.

good one.

What skills do you need in the army? Take orders and shoot people. I'm surprised you even have to have a high school diploma to get into the army.

I doubt you would even get through the door for a first interview with the Royal Marines! You have to have a brain.

good one.

I doubt you would even get through the door for a first interview with the Royal Marines! You have to have a brain.

And... it helps to be seriously hot. Makes the uniform look even better. :lol:

good one.

:lol: Other way round. The dress blues make Marines look even hotter!

:lol: Other way round. The dress blues make Marines look even hotter!

Does a royal marine get to kiss the queen's hairy sn:eek:tch? Anyways, England was just invaded by hordes of terrorist pakis wielding kebabs, and the marines did nothing. Now you're capitol has been turned into Londonistan.

New Topics

Forum List

Back