Are there any economic beneffits from global corporations ?

You can still have globalization without global corporations.
One of the early global corporations , the Dutch east india company created quite an amount of mayhem in its time.

too stupid that was 200 years ago and it was an abusive govt monopoly. You definitely have the IQ of a liberal. I'm embarrassed for you.

Europe seems to be a lot more pacific as a union than in during the first half of XX century.
total naivety. Germany is still reeling in shame over world war 2, the Nazi left is growing rapidly nevertheless, and there is huge tension with Greece that's been in all the papers for months. What planet have you been on?

I've heard about TPP before , most of the negotiations seem to be made with the secrecy of a covert operation.
That should be more than enough reason to be suspicious about the true motives for the agreement.
Employment and wealth distribution ? Hah , I don't think so.
Most people seem to become more suspicious the more they learn about "nafta on steroids."
"Experts suggested to CNBC that the U.S. is getting much of what it wants so far in negotiations, but there are still some areas of compromise ahead, especially when it comes to ease of access to foreign markets.

"Regardless, the TPP is likely to face an uphill battle in Congress, where politicians have expressed opposition in part on the grounds that the negotiations have been held amid ultra secrecy. Miller pointed out, however, that the private negotiation coupled with public ratification is the standard process for international agreements.

Read MorePhilippines - next to join the TPP?

"The administration is taking an upbeat tone on the TPP, but experts told CNBC that a failure at this stage could seriously damage U.S. interests and credibility in the region.

"'The TPP is a really important physical manifestation of our renewed focus on Asia,' Craft said, adding that 'to get this close and not close the deal would send a strong, and frankly negative, message.'"
TPP Trans-Pacific Partnership trade pact in final stages China set to join later

But it might be the best outcome for 90% of Americans. Critics of the TPP say it has less to do with trade than the name implies.

"Although it is called a "free trade" agreement, the TPP is not mainly about trade. Of TPP's 29 draft chapters, only five deal with traditional trade issues. One chapter would provide incentives to offshore jobs to low-wage countries.

"Many would impose limits on government policies that we rely on in our daily lives for safe food, a clean environment, and more.

"Our domestic federal, state and local policies would be required to comply with TPP rules."

Trans-Pacific Partnership

Quick question.............why is it that GE pays nothing in taxes, and yet manages to get a healthy refund?

dear, you're a liberal and we know that means stupid-right? When GE pays no taxes it means they earned no income. Is that really over your head??

Quick question.............why is it that GE pays nothing in taxes, and yet manages to get a healthy refund?

dear, you're a liberal and we know that means stupid-right? When GE pays no taxes it means they earned no income. Is that really over your head??

Well, not really. GE took advantage of some special deductions that were included in Obama's "stimulus" bill. You can blame Obama for GE's failure to pay any taxes.

Tell ya what....................show me a positive way that GE manages to improve the infrastructure, rather than just using it up.

dear, liberal=stupid- right?

We have infrastructure, like roads bridges tunnels etc, and GE has 100's of 1000's of employees who thanks to the high income they earn at GE can pay high taxes to support and improve our infrastructure.

A child can grasp that just not a liberal. You cant grasp it-right?

Well, not really. GE took advantage of some special deductions that were included in Obama's "stimulus" bill. You can blame Obama for GE's failure to pay any taxes.

yes many factors involved for sure but I think by far the biggest was a $30 billion loss during the financial crisis that they can carry forward.

Odd to hear a libturd against GE when it transformed itself into a leading green company! I thought liberals loved that?

How is the "People's Liberation Army" capitalist. I believe those people are maoists. They certainly don't respect private property.
"Death by China: Confronting the Dragon – A Global Call to Action is a 2011 non-fiction book by economics professor Peter Navarro and Greg Autry[1] that chronicles, 'From currency manipulation and abusive trade policies, to slave labor and deadly consumer products,' the alleged threats to global economic stability and world peace posed by China's 'corrupt and ruthless' governing Communist Party."

Death by China - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

How is the "People's Liberation Army" capitalist. I believe those people are maoists. They certainly don't respect private property.
"Death by China: Confronting the Dragon – A Global Call to Action is a 2011 non-fiction book by economics professor Peter Navarro and Greg Autry[1] that chronicles, 'From currency manipulation and abusive trade policies, to slave labor and deadly consumer products,' the alleged threats to global economic stability and world peace posed by China's 'corrupt and ruthless' governing Communist Party."

The world freely buys billions of dollars of stuff from China because the stuff meets the price and quality standards of the world. This means capitalist China is responsible for a huge capitalist increase in the world's income.

What does that have to do with capitalism?

I am mystified by your conception of capitalism. I have no idea what you think it is. You keep posting examples of government evils and disasters has evils of capitalism.

Forum List

Back