Are Some Folks Trying to Politicize Climate Change Science?

nodoginnafight

No Party Affiliation
Dec 15, 2008
Georgia
Without a doubt.
But which side? Let's look at the evidence.

One Side is offering the consensus opinion of real scienctist who submit their work and findings to rigorous scientific examination and offer it for peer-reviewed scientific journals.

The Other Side offers psuedo "science" delivered as Op-Ed pieces in political magazines and political websites and NEVER submits any of their "work" for peer-reviewed scientific journals where any mistakes or faulty assumptions in data, methodolody, or conclusions as well as any attempts to grind a political ax are quickly exposed and dismissed.

One Side presents sound science, which is not infalliable, but which does represent the overwhelming majority opinion of the best minds in the applicable fields.

The Other Side presents cherry-picked data, ancedotal "evidence", bumper sticker slogans, and conspiracy theories that basically translate into: "Ain't got no use fer yer fancy book larnin' and pointy-haid 'pinions."

So who does the evidence suggest is the side politicizing the scientific issue? Who do YOU trust to provide you with the information you need to make informed public policy?

Last edited:
Without a doubt.

One Side is offering the consensus opinion of real scienctist who submit their work and finding to rigorous scientific examination and offer it for peer-review scientific journals.

The Other Side offers psuedo "science" delivered as Op-Ed pieces in political magazines and political websites and NEVER submits any of their "work" for peer-reviewed scientific journals where any mistakes or faulty assumptions in data, methodolody, or conclusions and any attempt to grind a politidcal ax are quickly exposed and dismissed.

One Side presents sound science, which is not infalliable, but which does represent the overwhelming majority opinion of the best minds in the applicable fields.

The Other Side presents cherry-picked data, bumper sticker slogans, and conspiracy theories that basically translate into: "Ain't got no use fer yer fancy book larnin' and pointy-haid 'pinions."

So who does the evidence suggest is the side politicizing the scientific issue? Who do YOU trust to provide you with the information you need to make informed public policy?

Yes you are with this post

in other news BBC NEWS | Science & Environment | What happened to global warming?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Without a doubt.

One Side is offering the consensus opinion of real scienctist who submit their work and findings to rigorous scientific examination and offer it for peer-reviewed scientific journals.

Consensus and opinion aren't science, Buckwheat....They're political.

Nice to see one of the AGW moonbats admit that their born-again Luddite shit is all political, no matter how obliquely , though.

Climate science HAS been politicized in the press.

If folks instead paid attention to peer-reviewed papers, the science would speak for itself.

Last edited:
Man-made Global Warming is a whole 11 piles of Bullshit. All you enviro-nuts can kiss my carbon footprint. Kiss It!

Oh my - you mean with ALL this "scientific" evidence debunking climate change - NO ONE can produce a single piece of peer-reviewed work?????????

Just silly rhetoric?????? Spelling lessons? Vulgar insults? BUT NO SCIENCE???????

Is THIS where I act surprised?

Last edited:

Tell ya what - when you can provide a rebutal from a peer-reviewed scientific journal - get back to me. Until then, I'll continue to snicker at the bafoonery of trying to rebut science with political commentary.

But I'll think I'll be long gone before anyone produces THAT. But if they CAN - I'm listening.

I dunno i'm not a scientist I just listen to the data many present. Why dont you email one of these 31,000 scientists who agree with that article I posted. Home - Global Warming Petition Project

Last edited:
Why not just say Al Gore is fat ....... carries about the same amount of credibility in a scientific arena.

is offering the consensus opinion of real scienctist

I remember this numbnut from MSNBC....

Consesus isn't relevant in science. It's either FACT or otherwise. Climate change or whatever Al Gore is calling his political movement today is just that, a political movement bordering on a cult.

Tell ya what - when you can provide a rebutal from a peer-reviewed scientific journal - get back to me. Until then, I'll continue to snicker at the bafoonery of trying to rebut science with political commentary.

But I'll think I'll be long gone before anyone produces THAT. But if they CAN - I'm listening.

I dunno i'm not a scientis I just listen to the data many present. Why dont you email one of these 31,000 scientists who agree with that article I posted. Home - Global Warming Petition Project

Why don't YOU email them and ask these oil company geologists to submit their "work" for peer review. THEN we can talk.

Last edited:
Oh my - you mean with ALL this "scientific" evidence debunking climate change - NO ONE can produce a single piece of peer-reviewed work?????????

Just silly rhetoric?????? Spelling lessons? Vulgar insults? BUT NO SCIENCE???????

Is THIS where I act surprised?
None of the holy peer-reviewed pseudo science claiming man is to blame for climate change can quantify how much man's activities are to blame.

But hey....You just keep on bagin' up that Kool-Aid. :lol:

I dunno i'm not a scientis I just listen to the data many present. Why dont you email one of these 31,000 scientists who agree with that article I posted. Home - Global Warming Petition Project

Why don't YOU email them and ask these oil company geologists to submit their "work" for peer review. THEN we can talk.

I'm not the one who doesn't believe them, the onus is on you.

Forum List

Back