Are "Sanctuary cities" constitutional?

An honest question. I am no legal scholar, but since this is still a nation of laws, and NOBODY is above the laws (Look at the Trump Impeachment kerfuffle) then it begs the question. When local authorities give illegal aliens sanctuary from federal law without consent of the voter and ignore our wishes, doesn't that violate our compact with our elected government?
Local law cannot override Federal laws. I hope after the election Trump starts having Mayors arrested.

Starting with that bag of waste matter Gavin Newsome.

Wrong.

ICE, and all federal LE agencies enforce Federal Laws. Local Police/Sheriff agencies do not have the authority to enforce Federal Laws. The can do so as a courtesy, but the FEDS expect local gov't taxpayers and local gov't agencies to enforce Federal law, and to keep them in custody at the expense of the local government.

This turf war has been on going for decades.

An honest question. I am no legal scholar, but since this is still a nation of laws, and NOBODY is above the laws (Look at the Trump Impeachment kerfuffle) then it begs the question. When local authorities give illegal aliens sanctuary from federal law without consent of the voter and ignore our wishes, doesn't that violate our compact with our elected government?

ICE, and all federal LE agencies enforce Federal Laws. Local Police/Sheriff agencies do not have the authority to enforce Federal Laws. The can do so as a courtesy, but the FEDS expect local gov't taxpayers and local gov't agencies to enforce Federal law, and to keep them in custody at the expense of the local government.

So a sheriff can’t arrest money counterfeiters?

Your lies are beyond hilarious they are so stupid.

Local law cannot override Federal laws. I hope after the election Trump starts having Mayors arrested.

Yep. A liberal friend of mine, a couple days ago, actually said he thought Newsom(e) would make a good president. I held my tongue and didn't respond to this. It's the only way we can remain friends.

If my friend is dumb enough to say something like that to me, they can stand around a bit while I sandblast their face with words of my own. :)
My liberal friend is hopelessly brainwashed. We had agreed some time ago that we would NOT talk politics. He slips up occasionally and likes to make fun of our president. When he does this I just ignore him and move him on to the next topic. It's frustrating because he's brilliant concerning some topics, but is SO DAMNED STUPID and brainwashed when it comes to politics.

LOL! He may think the exact same thing about you...
He probably DOES. But at least I know I'm right and he's dreadfully wrong.

This makes me wonder what is our obligation to a coherent set of standards as a federation of states when we can just arbitrarily choose or ignore rules as a state?
The Obligation is to Fix the Loop holes and require States to Hold Detainee Orders until Ice can get a Warrant and deport them.

Of course they will challenge it in the courts........and force a 4th and 10th Amendment decision. But the sticky side to that is that Illegals..................are breaking the law........being here..............so that would be a very good challenge to see in SCOTUS........doesn't matter on past rulings........it can be challenged again.

Most of you have no idea what a sanctuary city is or why it exists. You’re just repeating conservative talking points. #sad
We know EXACTLY what a sanctuary city is, you LOONY LIB. Now go away to your Safe Space. Git..............
I don’t believe you.
Well, I believe YOU'RE a liberal lunatic...................GIT.........................!
Brilliant. What you believe is unimportant.

Wrong.

It's more than a turf War though...........and I did agree with your post...it is an IDEOLOGICAL WAR as well.

It's clear that many Dem states intended purpose is to allow illegals to get away ..........and not all financial concerns.

The feds can't, but the States can.

Stop giving them federal dollars until they rein in their wayward cities.

Problem solved.

You're really arrogant and ignorant: Go fuck yourself:

CHAPTER 4. Forgery and Counterfeiting [470 - 483.5] ( Chapter 4 enacted 1872. )

470. (a) Every person who, with the intent to defraud, knowing that he or she has no authority to do so, signs the name of another person or of a fictitious person to any of the items listed in subdivision (d) is guilty of forgery.
(b) Every person who, with the intent to defraud, counterfeits or forges the seal or handwriting of another is guilty of forgery.
(c) Every person who, with the intent to defraud, alters, corrupts, or falsifies any record of any will, codicil, conveyance, or other instrument, the record of which is by law evidence, or any record of any judgment of a court or the return of any officer to any process of any court, is guilty of forgery.
That is a thread on to itself...........in regards to immigration.........and goes back to the Laws for Employment passed under Reagan..............which illegals decided to set up a network of ILLEGAL ID'S to work here.

I have shown the data from the IRS and Social Security Department on that issue many times.........They know MILLIONS of people working here that are using FRAUDULENT SSN'S..............they have admitted it......but say they really don't care because they pay taxes and are not the DOJ.

But like I said ...........that is a thread on to itself.

You're really arrogant and ignorant: Go fuck yourself:

CHAPTER 4. Forgery and Counterfeiting [470 - 483.5] ( Chapter 4 enacted 1872. )

470. (a) Every person who, with the intent to defraud, knowing that he or she has no authority to do so, signs the name of another person or of a fictitious person to any of the items listed in subdivision (d) is guilty of forgery.
(b) Every person who, with the intent to defraud, counterfeits or forges the seal or handwriting of another is guilty of forgery.
(c) Every person who, with the intent to defraud, alters, corrupts, or falsifies any record of any will, codicil, conveyance, or other instrument, the record of which is by law evidence, or any record of any judgment of a court or the return of any officer to any process of any court, is guilty of forgery.
“Though often based in and elected by county voters in most American states, sheriffs and their deputies are often responsible for patrolling an area's state and federal routes, as well as its unincorporated or unpoliced municipalities. These officers, like municipal police, often find themselves enforcing local, state or federal laws on the front lines.”

What Are the Differences Between Federal, State & Local Law Enforcement? | Synonym

Ignoramus.

Why should it wait?
Why should this even be an issue?

Illegals should not be harbored
nor be able to receive government assistance

How much of the financial crisis in '08
involved illegals who created debt under an alias
or was unable to sustain the debt they incurred
and simply went back home and had the money
they had been sending back home to fall back on

Codes Display Text.

Your ignorance is only exceeded by your foolishness. Next time do some research. The link to CA's Penal Code provides the ability of local and state law enforcement to arrest and prosecute counterfeiting of dozens of items (listed in the link, including money) as FRAUD.

Codes Display Text.

Your ignorance is only exceeded by your foolishness. Next time do some research. The link to CA's Penal Code provides the ability of local and state law enforcement to arrest and prosecute counterfeiting of dozens of items (listed in the link, including money) as FRAUD.
“State and local law enforcement officials have the general power to investigate and arrest violators of federal immigration statutes without prior Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) knowledge or approval, as long as they are authorized to enforce federal law in general. Although immigration is a federal matter, local law enforcement departments and personnel are not required to turn a blind eye to any illegal activity including violations of immigration law. It is illegal for local governments to prohibit police cooperation with the INS, and individual officers who report violations are protected by law.

Although the Illegal Immigration and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRAIRA) of 1996 provied new authority for empowering local law enforcement agencies to enforce immigration law provisions against aliens illegally in the country, local police were never powerless to act on immigration law violations before adoption of that legislation. Local police departments have always had the ability to collaborate with the INS in enforcement operations. An example was local cooperation with the INS and the FBI in locating and interviewing foreign students from Middle Eastern countries following the September 11 terrorist attacks.

In addition, Section 274(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended in 1986, authorizes "...all other officers whose duty it is to enforce criminal laws," to arrest persons for smuggling, harboring or transporting illegal aliens. Furthermore, federal courts had repeatedly affirmed since 1984 that local police may inquire into immigration violations in the course of a routine stop (see e.g., U.S. v. Salinas-Calderon).”

Have a nice day!

Local Immigration Enforcement | Federation for American Immigration Reform

In addition, Section 274(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended in 1986, authorizes "...all other officers whose duty it is to enforce criminal laws," to arrest persons for smuggling, harboring or transporting illegal aliens. Furthermore, federal courts had repeatedly affirmed since 1984 that local police may inquire into immigration violations in the course of a routine stop (see e.g., U.S. v. Salinas-Calderon).”
Winner winner chicken dinner............exactly what I was talking about.

I was amused to hear announced on a local news cast in Denver, they pretend to be shocked that it's LEGAL to arrest illegal aliens! Umm, Captain Obvious goes..Really? Why is that even an issue?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back