Are relegulations unconstitutional?

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Are Regulations unconstitutional? Who's to say that the federal government has any power to tell a business what to do??? So you're really going to argue for us to go back to the good old days?:doubt:

So if it isn't a document that allows for the betterment of our nation then child labor is still legal as those regulations are unconstitutional. The epa is illegal as that is unconstitutional so we can pollute to our wildest dreams. FDA is unconstitutional, better be ready to eat maggot filled meat, boys! The safety net is unconstitutional so little johny better find a extra dish washers job to keep his family off the street as he would of done before the new deal! Don't forget that old fred can raise his rent up the ass at anytime! And Jacky can charge 100 dollars for cookies and breed at her store! What's even colder is old Elise better be ready to pay that 400 a month for weather warnings from the corporate system called accuweaher! Even through it isn't as good cut as all research has been cut by 80% and the big corporate weather alert corporation charges up the ass for that tornadoes warning!!!! So 400 people a year are dying like the good old days!

heck, if you wanted to think about it, the airforce is unconstitutional. We Didn't have airplanes when our founders lived and we're dealing with a stiff piece of paper. So why not!

Let's be honest...
Do we have a spending problem, yes! Welfare shouldn't be dolled out like Obama is doing and we MUST work on efficacy. I just hope to god that the American people aren't ready to take us down the road to hell. There's a big difference between what is above and being smart. Both parties are now full of extremist that don't want to advance America wisely...

I know I am going to get slammed for this post but this is how it appears to me.

Last edited:
Not all are that good at it, but many are getting stinking rich just from loosely regulated day trading.

Last edited:
Regulations wouldn't be necessary if humans weren't such greedy crooks.

Liberal logic:
1. Create strawman
2. Tear down strawman
3. Rinse and repeat, using sarcasm liberally(no pun intended)

I'll have a few responses:
FDA: I'm fine with the FDA, but if food companies create poisonous products, people wouldn't buy them! Granted, it may take time to discover if products are tainted, hence why we have an FDA. Of course, I've never heard a single conservative argue for eliminating the FDA(outside of crazy Internet forums).
EPA: This can be accomplished at the state level. Besides, most conservatives want to rein in the EPA's regulation of coal plants/CO2 rules, not eliminate it entirely. We want the EPA to enforce laws passed by Congress, not create. them(ie Utility MACT rule, cap/trade, etc.)

With regards to your other arguments, no one would buy $400 bread or rent at exorbitant rates. Competition would come to lower prices.

And this age of "unfettered capitalism" you're alluding to, often called the "Gilded Age", contained extraordinary income growth for all levels of society.

During the 1870s and 1880s, the U.S. economy rose at the fastest rate in its history, with real wages, wealth, GDP, and capital formation all increasing rapidly.[12] For example, between 1865 and 1898, the output of wheat increased by 256%, corn by 222%, coal by 800% and miles of railway track by 567%.[13] Thick national networks for transportation and communication were created. The corporation became the dominant form of business organization, and a scientific management revolution transformed business operations. By the beginning of the 20th century, per capita income and industrial production in the United States led the world, with per capita incomes double that of Germany or France, and 50% higher than Britain.[14] The businessmen of the Second Industrial Revolution created industrial towns and cities in the Northeast with new factories, and hired an ethnically diverse industrial working class, many of them new immigrants from Europe.
Real wages (adjusting for inflation) rose steadily. Economic historian Clarence D. Long estimates that (in terms of constant 1914 dollars), the average annual incomes of all American nonfarm employees rose from $375 in 1870 to $395 in 1880, $519 in 1890 and $573 in 1900, a gain of 53% in 30 years.[21] Australian historian Peter Shergold confirms the findings of many scholars that the standard of living for industrial workers was higher than in Europe. He compares wages and the standard of living in Pittsburgh with Birmingham, England, one of the richest industrial cities of Europe. He finds that after taking account the cost of living (which was 65% higher in the U.S.), the standard of living of unskilled workers was about the same in the two cities, while skilled workers had about twice a high a standard of living. The American advantage grew over time from 1890 to 1914, and there was a heavy steady flow of skilled workers from Britain to industrial America.[22]

Gilded Age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This was hardly an era in which the masses were struggling and not gaining anything while the rich were hoarding it all.

Capitalism creates prosperity for all segments of the population.

Are Regulations unconstitutional? Who's to say that the federal government has any power to tell a business what to do??? So you're really going to argue for us to go back to the good old days?:doubt:

So if it isn't a document that allows for the betterment of our nation then child labor is still legal as those regulations are unconstitutional. The epa is illegal as that is unconstitutional so we can pollute to our wildest dreams. FDA is unconstitutional, better be ready to eat maggot filled meat, boys! The safety net is unconstitutional so little johny better find a extra dish washers job to keep his family off the street as he would of done before the new deal! Don't forget that old fred can raise his rent up the ass at anytime! And Jacky can charge 100 dollars for cookies and breed at her store! What's even colder is old Elise better be ready to pay that 400 a month for weather warnings from the corporate system called accuweaher! Even through it isn't as good cut as all research has been cut by 80% and the big corporate weather alert corporation charges up the ass for that tornadoes warning!!!! So 400 people a year are dying like the good old days!

heck, if you wanted to think about it, the airforce is unconstitutional. We Didn't have airplanes when our founders lived and we're dealing with a stiff piece of paper. So why not!

Let's be honest...
Do we have a spending problem, yes! Welfare shouldn't be dolled out like Obama is doing and we MUST work on efficacy. I just hope to god that the American people aren't ready to take us down the road to hell. There's a big difference between what is above and being smart. Both parties are now full of extremist that don't want to advance America wisely...

I know I am going to get slammed for this post but this is how it appears to me.

The problem with your post is it doesn’t make any sense, it’s mostly inconsistent, incoherent nonsense riddled with mistakes and ignorance, such as Obama ‘doling out welfare,’ the president doesn’t have anything to do with ‘welfare,’ funding for public assistance and determining its policies are the purview of Congress.

Otherwise, yes – regulatory policy is Constitutional pursuant to Commerce Clause jurisprudence. See, e.g., West Coast Hotel Co. v. Parrish (1937), United States v. Darby (1941), Wickard v. Filburn (1942), Heart of Atlanta Motel, Inc. v. United States (1964), Gonzales v. Raich (2005).

Let's be honest...

All the regulations in the world won't save us from disasters like the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. In fact, they were heavily regulated but it happened anyway.

The main issue I have with regulations is that the Executive Branch has been given the authority to impose regulations by Congress. In effect, unelected officials are creating laws that Congress could not pass. For example, can't pass cap and trade? No problem, just have the EPA start to implement it via regulation. It's like the immigration bill that failed. Obama could not pass it through Congress so he begins to write Executive Orders in place of a law.

Don't get me wrong, the EPA may have helped the environment in some ways in the past, but so would a death squad sent out to kill people who litter. The question is, is it Constitutional and does it do more harm than good? We can all agree that the economy suffers due to regulation, so the larger question is how much of a drain on the economy? And lastly, how much freedoms have been stripped from us by surrendering to this undemocratic group of legislators? Do we really want rulers over us who are not accountable to us in any way? What concerns me the most are more frequent examples of how peoples rights are being violated and bullied by regulators such as the EPA.

Simply put, this is the role of Congress, not the EPA. We should have laws put in place that are passed by Constitutional provision, and not Executive Branch edict. We also have the judicial branch to sue companies who harm the environment and the public.

Let's be honest...

The problem with your post is it doesn’t make any sense, it’s mostly inconsistent, incoherent nonsense riddled with mistakes and ignorance, such as Obama ‘doling out welfare,’ the president doesn’t have anything to do with ‘welfare,’ funding for public assistance and determining its policies are the purview of Congress.

Otherwise, yes – regulatory policy is Constitutional pursuant to Commerce Clause jurisprudence. See, e.g., West Coast Hotel Co. v. Parrish (1937), United States v. Darby (1941), Wickard v. Filburn (1942), Heart of Atlanta Motel, Inc. v. United States (1964), Gonzales v. Raich (2005).

Try not to get too upset. Most Americans have no idea how the checks and balances were created and how they are suppose to work. One reason is that our public education system does not allow it to be taught and the other reason is that they watch what goes on in the federal government and just assume they are following the Constitution because they care all so much about it.

Not all are that good at it, but many are getting stinking rich just from loosely regulated day trading.

What sort of regulations are missing?

Day traders capitalize on fluctuations in the market and, since they have thousands of hours of experience at it, can immediately buy and sell as much as millions of stocks in a single day before hardly anyone can access the prices they hook into. How to level the playing field there? I have no idea, but how hard could it be if the regulators put a little effort into it?

Day traders capitalize on fluctuations in the market and, since they have thousands of hours of experience at it, can immediately buy and sell as much as millions of stocks in a single day before hardly anyone can access the prices they hook into. How to level the playing field there? I have no idea, but how hard could it be if the regulators put a little effort into it?

Making money in the stock market is predicated on knowing what will happen before anyone else does and beating them to the punch.

If you want to play the game then learn how it's played. It's really that simple. Whether it is stocks or some other form of making money the object is trying new things and thinking in ways that no one else does. That is what separates those living in mediocrity and those excelling in what they do.

Making money in the stock market is predicated on knowing what will happen before anyone else does and beating them to the punch.

If you want to play the game then learn how it's played. It's really that simple. Whether it is stocks or some other form of making money the object is trying new things and thinking in ways that no one else does. That is what separates those living in mediocrity and those excelling in what they do.

Thank you for the lesson about the market, but I was only talking about day trading which has little to do with ordinary trading. Day traders learn to spot the movements of stock and have a sixth sense so to speak about which way to go.

Forum List

Back