Are Gun Control Laws Constitutional

Are gun controls Constitutional

• Total voters

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Post your opinion to these simple questions:

Do you believe Adam Lanza, Dylann Roof and Jared Lee Loughner (among too many others) had the absolute right to own, possess and have in their custody and control a gun prior to the murders they committed?

Should each state be granted the power to require all residents or visitors to their state, who want to own or possess a gun, to be licensed by the state?

Do you believe Adam Lanza, Dylann Roof and Jared Lee Loughner (among too many others) had the absolute right to own, possess and have in their custody and control a gun prior to the murders they committed?

Should each state be granted the power to require all residents or visitors to their state, who want to own or possess a gun, to be licensed by the state?

Yes and yes according to the 2nd amendment.

edit.

I forgot Adam was documented to have mental issues so no for him.

Last edited:
Adam Lanza was still in school..
And how do you know people are crazy before they act crazy? Do people want to start forcing sane tests on us too?

Everybody knew Adam Lanza was crazy. Allowing him to be around guns was wrong.

• Banned
Do you believe that the right to speech can be subject to background checks to ensure that said speech complies with party goals? Are speech controls constitutional?

In response to you first question; no I don't.

In response to your second question, Yes, they are (doubt that, next time you get on an airliner tell the flight crew you have a gun and want to go to Cuba)

The second amendment is clear. Every American can keep and bear arms and the stinking government can't infringe on this right.

However thanks to progressives, the Constitution is just about meaningless. Americans are ruled by a small criminal elite, who have gained near total power.

if its ok to force testing and license and background checks for one right, then it is certainly reason to believe that the same conditions can be put on another, like voting.

As far as I know, none of those three had a criminal record. So, yes, they had the right to bear arms. Absolutely.

Everybody knew Adam Lanza was crazy. Allowing him to be around guns was wrong.

"Around guns".

So you bleev that not only should a crazy person be banned from guns, anyone he might come in contact with in his life should also be banned from guns?

Do I want felons, spouse abusers, children under the age of 16, a few others, to be allowed to own firearms?

No

Do I want the majority of US citizens to have the right to own them?

Yes

Yes and yes according to the 2nd amendment.

Thought provoking. Thank you.

The second amendment is clear. Every American can keep and bear arms and the stinking government can't infringe on this right.

However thanks to progressives, the Constitution is just about meaningless. Americans are ruled by a small criminal elite, who have gained near total power.
Yes the state can infringe on it. Thats what "regulated" basically means.

Forum List

Back